What price should I pay for a 28 inch TV (1080p) ?

As I'm too stubborn to change, my TV (the one that turned blue two months ago) turned jet black today. Now all my movies look like a movie with Samuel Jackson dressing in Goth style fighting black bears in pitch darkness in the holds of a coal ship sunk into the Black Sea, but without sound either.

I have no device in 4k, no interest in watching 4k, and prefer to spend not to much, as I have a PC to change in one year top. I this correct to presume that all 1080p tv will looks mostly the same ?

(Sadly, I have littterally hundreds of Blu-Rays and two consoles, but dislike large TVs as I watch typically TV while cursing in French at the boors who can't handle bursting affixes)

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe <$200. 27" 1080p PC monitors run about $130-$200.
    28" seems to be harder to find and 32" seems to be the standard small right now. If you're just looking for a basic generic brand smart 32" heres this:

TCL 32S327 32-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model) - 2576 Reviews (4 stars) $149.99 /w free shipping

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not all 1080p TVs are the same but the one smityx linked to is recommended by rtings.com as one of the best 1080p tv out there, it has 3 HDMI ports, its pretty cheap, TCL is one of the best budget brands, so he did you right in linking it.
    /s

28 inch should be extremly cheap - i bought on sale 42 inch tv for under 350 $ . you should easily find 28 inch for 150-200$.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    As I'm too stubborn to change, my TV (the one that turned blue two months ago) turned jet black today. Now all my movies look like a movie with Samuel Jackson dressing in Goth style fighting black bears in pitch darkness in the holds of a coal ship sunk into the Black Sea, but without sound either.

I have no device in 4k, no interest in watching 4k, and prefer to spend not to much, as I have a PC to change in one year top. I this correct to presume that all 1080p tv will looks mostly the same ?

(Sadly, I have littterally hundreds of Blu-Rays and two consoles, but dislike large TVs as I watch typically TV while cursing in French at the boors who can't handle bursting affixes)
    I paid $220 for a 4k 50" LED TV so I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a 28"

It also matters if it's LED or OLED, OLED is more expensive but worth because they do better blacks.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lol! Time for a upgrade. I have had several TV's over the years and have several now in the house. All different name brands. The best ones are the Samsung 24" 1080p in the bedroom and the TCL 55" 4k in the living room. You should be able to get a 28" for less than $200.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

5+ Year Old Account
    Buy 4k, better warranty, better picture, u can still watch in 1080...

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Buy 4k, better warranty, better picture, u can still watch in 1080...
    4k is limited now in how much is available to watch, live streaming that is. But it will become more numerous and some movies, the difference is very noticeably better.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I paid $220 for a 4k 50" LED TV so I wouldn't pay more than $100 for a 28"

It also matters if it's LED or OLED, OLED is more expensive but worth because they do better blacks.
    They don't make OLED in this size range, its either phone screen small, or 55+ inches.
    /s

While I would eventually go to 4K, not a single French Canadian network is in 4k. Hell, most of them are not even in true 1080p.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They don't make OLED in this size range, its either phone screen small, or 55+ inches.
    I didn't know that, never shopped for a small TV, all mine are 55+, so that's a good thing to know, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

While I would eventually go to 4K, not a single French Canadian network is in 4k. Hell, most of them are not even in true 1080p.
    for a TV that small you don't need 4k anyway, I wouldn't bother with 4k until you get 50+

Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    Maybe <$200. 27" 1080p PC monitors run about $130-$200.
    28" seems to be harder to find and 32" seems to be the standard small right now. If you're just looking for a basic generic brand smart 32" heres this:

TCL 32S327 32-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2018 Model) - 2576 Reviews (4 stars) $149.99 /w free shipping
    Thank you, the slight issue is that I have a X-One and a PS4 that are used mostly for Netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say maybe $50. I am kind of looking for the new 8k's to come out but first I am going to wait until someones tv explodes or some of the people paying 20k go first. Not paying that kind of money.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say around $200. No more than $300.