Poll: Who did Trump sell America out to?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Call has been released.

Full transcript.

Nothingburger.
    Delete.

Exterminate.

Please investigate Biden.

I assure you... Trump is not a dr who villain...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Clearly you didn't fucking read it. Because it is NOT the full transcript, because it is NOT VERBATIM. And even Republican Senators that saw the Whistleblower complaint said it is pretty damning. Even the shit they left in the "transcript" is pretty fucking damning.
    To be fair, judging by people surprise that Trump mentioned Hillary’s email during a speech today... I don’t think many posting in this thread actually read it.

Edit: Just a small nitpick... the actual call wasn’t transcribed, which is why it’s not a transcript of the call. It’s a second hand account of what occurred. It is a transcript of someone other than Trump, talking about the call. I don’t know if records of the actual call exist, but since we had Trump’s call with Mexico and Australia leaked as a transcription... it has to exist... I would think.
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-09-26 at 12:40 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Call has been released.

Full transcript.

Nothingburger.
    1. It wasn't a full transcript, it was based off of notes and not a verbatim readout.

2. There's clear evidence of Trump asking for a foreign country to look into a political rival.

3. He involved both his personal attorney and the Attorney General, in the same sentence, in these potential investigations.

4. We have reports from Ukranian officials that the understanding was always that the discussion on Biden was a precondition for the call and potentially the money Trump was holding up, which had already been cleared by Congress and the Pentagon as was legally required, until just recently.

There's a lot of meat on this nothingberder.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NYTimes reports--

"Paywall."

Uh...there, found a copy. Anyhow, the whistleblower is naming witnesses to the actions that led to the complaint.

I'm leaning more and more towards "it was one of the note takers".

Call has been released.

Full transcript.

Nothingburger.
    I'm on vacation and not really in a position to comment on these forums anyway, so I'm fine with taking the bullet and just saying: put this obvious troll on IGNORE already and stop responding to their ban-baiting walls of ignorance. There are enough Trumpkins afraid of dealing with reality without wasting your time getting hand cramps stating facts that will just be ignored and making points that will be given no credence from this particular cretin.

G'day, folks! Enjoy the next few weeks! I know I will.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-09-26 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    On an amusing side-note, I'm also left asking "in what world do you fight with Javelins?" :P
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FGM-148_Javelin

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I know the favorite is Putin or MBS but honestly, Trump is so thoroughly corrupt and compromised by so many different parties that it could be just about anyone.

What's equally fucked up is that since we know Trump has no morals or loyalty to the USA, he could have promised just about anything in exchange for any number of things. State secrets for debt relief/pay off? Sure. Hire out our military for assassinations? That too.

It could really be anything. Weapons, money, sex related... everything is on the table and nothing is too extreme or treasonous for someone like Trump. I never expected to have such a low opinion of republicans and their party.
    Me either, but have met a few Republicans who voted for Trump and realized that supporting him was a mistake. We'll see what happens come election season.

The whistleblower report has been declassified and will be made available some time tomorrow before Mcguire's testimony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    The whistleblower report has been declassified and will be made available some time tomorrow before Mcguire's testimony.
    Not like they had a choice. We already saw the Senate voted unanimously to see it. The House just did the same, 421 to literally nobody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reuters also has more info:

The President of Ukraine has intentionally placed himself in a bad spot.

1) Going along so eagerly with Trump could make future aid difficult, as Democrats might vote against it purely out of revenge. Putin's gotta love that -- maybe he'll just take the rest of the country.

Some Ukrainians fear that the damage the Trump scandal could inflict on U.S.-Ukraine ties could also play into Russia’s hands as it might imperil future U.S. military aid among other things.

“For Ukraine there’s a huge danger that it could find itself alone with its enemy the Russian Federation ... as the United States is a strategic partner in the military sphere and when it comes to pushing ahead with reforms,” said Maria Ionova, a lawmaker from former president Petro Poroshenko’s faction.

“The Russian Federation will definitely use this chance.”
    2) He also needs EU assistance for any useful peace deal involving Putin's war crime troops that grabbed part of his country. But based on his actions, it's likely the EU will think twice before doing so. He isn't just a friend of Trump (bad) but demonstrably corrupt (worse) as well.

3) Also, Trump said the EU wasn't doing their part -- he lied -- and the Ukrainian President agreed. Emphatically. And now, the EU knows it. Awkwarrrrrrrrrd.

4) Biden helped Ukraine by going after a prosecutor so corrupt he got the ire of the EU (stopped payments) IMF (stopped payments) and his own staff (resigned in protest). Then, the Ukrainian President fucking stabs him in the back.

5) The Ukrainian President didn't realize his side of the call was going to be made public. He told reporters this himself. He says some conversations shouldn't be public, which is what I would say if I was recorded committing a crime too.

6) And my favorite:

I don’t want to say anything bad about anyone. We thank everyone who helps us.
    Nope. That's not what you said in the phone call. And now, the world knows.

Dude knows he full-on Trumped it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    This sudden bipartisanship has me mildly concerned.
    Voting to not even see the evidence is proof of wanting to suppress evidence.

Voting to see it, then pretending it's not a big deal, is not proof. It's just selling out your country.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    He wants the Democratic nomination for President. I don't think pointing out that he's not a Democrat is "bizarre". It's certainly accurate. And if he doesn't like the Democratic party, then start his own. I'm aware of how difficult that is in the United States. But that's not my fault. And it won't be solved by Sanders seeking the nomination of a party he deems to not be worth of his affiliation.
    Sanders also isn't the "only hope" for this country, neither is Warren, neither are any of the alternatives to Biden.

I've been telling the progressives this for years, if you want to change anything in the US, don't try and elect someone because you think they can dictate policy as one person. The president of the united states does not write laws. The POTUS is the leader of our army and sets the tone for the enforcement of existing laws. If people are anti-war single-issue voters then sure, I guess that works. But nothing Sanders nor Warren nor anyone else preaches about in policy will happen without the house and senate both voting for it in the majority.

Progressives are thinking far too much like Trumpkins are. They're thinking from a top-down perspective. That if they get a progressive into the white house, everything will change. Wrong. They'll get nowhere with that. Bernie or Warren will sit in the white house, telling the house and the senate to do things, which both houses will ignore.

They need to start thinking from a bottom-up perspective. Grass roots. Make their positions more locally popular, show that they work, get more people on board, spread it from county to county, then state to state, til finally it's on the federal level.

Every major change this country has seen was almost always resisted by most of the country until grass roots movements made them more popular. We didn't elect a president that was pro-civil rights. We pushed the civil rights issue from the bottom up until our politicians were forced to create the civil rights act or lose their supporting voters. The president didn't shove women's suffrage through. It started as a movement until it became such a big hot button topic that, again, politicians saw it as a good move to support it - whether they were for or against it.

Electing a progressive president won't net them nothing, but nothing will drastically change with a progressive president either. The alt-right had this same mentality, they thought Trump could bring about their hopes and dreams, and despite nearly 1/3 of the country thinking that Trump's policy is good stuff, Trump himself has been stonewalled at every single step and not gotten a single thing through. At least not anything that any other GOP president wouldn't have done (tax cuts, far right SCOTUS judge). I suppose the trade tariffs are something that Trump himself got through that they wanted, but that has backfired as even most of the Trumpkins realize it's only hurting the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Voting to not even see the evidence is proof of wanting to suppress evidence.

Voting to see it, then pretending it's not a big deal, is not proof. It's just selling out your country.
    That's my real concern at this point - Republicans are playing along, but that doesn't mean they will continue to do so. This might go all the way to the removal from office vote, and they all turn up and vote "nope" and Trump can say "TOTAL EXONERATION, NO CRIME, WITCH HUNT, JOBS!" This is extremely shaky ground Democrats are stepping on. Not that I don't think they should do it, it's incredibly important that they do.

I guess it depends on how intelligent the American people are about this and how much they know about civics and law (I'm not that hopeful). To many Americans, all they'll care about is the verdict. If that kind of situation arises, I guess we'll just have to hope that enough people are smart enough to realize the process and the law are more important than the verdict returned.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

New: The whistleblower complaint alleges a pattern of obfuscation at the White House, in which officials moved the records of some of Trump’s communications with foreign officials onto a separate computer network from where they are normally stored. https://t.co/JrPGM4ATs2
    https://twitter.com/shaneharris/stat...985820161?s=19

Hmm. So possibly multiple cover-ups with possibly multiple countries.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

Russia, if you're listening, we'd like the transcripts of all the calls of Trump and foreign leaders.

It can only mean two things that this is so much worse than we know and people are trying to save their own asses or this is a setup. I am leaning towards the first because Dan Coates ran for the exits as soon as he got a whiff of this along with his people. His sudden and timely resignation along with his people is not a coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Russia, if you're listening, we'd like the transcripts of all the calls of Trump and foreign leaders.
    Let's not forget this whistle blower

Whistleblower alleges possible interference in Trump's tax audit: reports

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    so you just want to pick the choose the things that make you automatically a member of whatever party you think is the worst.
    You're picking the thing that makes them Nazis, ie you are a Nazi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post

A private server. So we've come full circle lol.

I'm still half expecting to find out Trump was born in Kenya any day now.

- - - Updated - - -

Call has been released.

Full transcript.

Nothingburger.
    Even the edited transcript incriminates him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Full complaint has been released...
    https://www.axios.com/trump-ukraine-...92e709a4c.html

I'm about to head to the office so I can't read it right now but from what I can gather I'd that multiple WH officials are backing this up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full complaint has been released...
    https://www.axios.com/trump-ukraine-...92e709a4c.html

I'm about to head to the office so I can't read it right now but from what I can gather I'd that multiple WH officials are backing this up.
    See those big blacked out areas? That's called "redaction". By definition, a redacted and edited report is NOT the full report that the law requires be released to Congress.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    See those big blacked out areas? That's called "redaction". By definition, a redacted and edited report is NOT the full report that the law requires be released to Congress.
    Congress has had the unredacted version last night...

It's the version the public is getting.

Bill Barr is named, so is Giuliani. They also attempted to cover up the calls by moving it to a server designed for classified information even though the calls didn't contain classified info.

They had 2 ambassadors go to Kiev and try to walk the Ukrainian president navigate Trump's demands.

ACCORDING TO MULTIPLE WH STAFFERS THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY SENT POLITICALLY SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO THE SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTALIZED SERVER EVEN THOUGH IT DID NOT CONTAIN ANY NATIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-09-26 at 01:03 PM.

Congress has had the unredacted version last night...

It's the version the public is getting.

Bill Barr is named, so is Giuliani. They also attempted to cover up the calls by moving it to a server designed for classified information even though the calls didn't contain classified info.

They had 2 ambassadors go to Kiev and try to walk the Ukrainian president navigate Trump's demands.

ACCORDING TO MULTIPLE WH STAFFERS THIS WAS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY SENT POLITICALLY SENSITIVE INFORMATION TO THE SENSITIVE COMPARTMENTALIZED SERVER EVEN THOUGH IT DID NOT CONTAIN ANY NATIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION
    Somehow this story just keeps getting worse for Trump, It's going to be amazing watching the law and order party twist themselves into knots defending him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most GOP don't want to sink on the S.S. Trump. To them, his fanatical base is simply a tool to exploit for re-election.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few that have drank the cool-aid, but it's mostly the Tea Party-ers, and they were fucking loons prior to Trump so it's not a big change. The only thing that changed is their hotel beds being slightly more wet now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Whoa, hold on, the blacked out part for us might be available to Congress.