Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

WOW Classic - Warrior Charge Macro

Hi Guys,

I need your help as I just do not know enough about WoW macros. This is for Classic for a Warrior.

I have the following macro which on its own works just fine:
    /cast [nostance:1] Battle Stance
    /cast charge
    /cast [nostance:2] Defensive Stance

If I use it I charge and it switches to Def Stance right away. Now, to save myself a button on my action bar I want to change it so that if I press a modifier, e.g. CTRL, it just uses the normal charge without changing to Def Stance. I have tried a few things but just cannot get it to work. I would be helpful for any support on this one.

Thanks and regards,

Bogus

I consider myself decent at macros, and this one is possible, but I'm actually stumped if the way I want to write it even works.

This should work:

Code:
    #showtooltip Charge
    /cast [noform:1] Battle Stance
    /cast Charge
    /stopmacro [mod:ctrl]
    /cast [noform:2] Defensive Stance

The way I would like, but not sure:

Code:
    #showtooltip Charge
    /cast [noform:1] Battle Stance
    /cast Charge
    /cast [nomod:ctrl,noform:2] Defensive Stance

First of all, I changed nostance to noform. They are exactly the same, it's just good macro practice to use shorter versions.

Anyways, this macro uses noform in the way I want to use nomod, but I think nomod has no options and only evaluates to true if literally no modifier is used. You're welcome to use the first one and just call it a day, but if you wouldn't mind checking out the second one for shits and giggles, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2019-09-21 at 12:10 AM. Reason: force Charge for icon and tooltip
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man, will try it out tomorrow and let you know.

/cast [nostance:1] Battle Stance; [nocombat, stance:1] Charge; [nomod:ctrl, nostance:2] Defensive Stance;

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    @Kanegasi: You are my hero! Both of your macros actually work. I decided to use the second one. Thank you so much!!!

@Translit: This does not work as intended unfortunately. If I use the macro once it would just charge. I have to use it again to switch to Def Stance. Using the modifier + macro charges the target as well, though it does not switch to Def Stance if I use the modifier + macro again. If Kanegasi's macros would not have worked this would have been a decent work around though by simply using the macro twice in a row.

Appreciate both your help and time!
    Last edited by bogus; 2019-09-21 at 11:09 AM.

does this happen quick enough to trick the game (spell batching) into giving you the rage generated from charge in defensive form?

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I keep the rage from Charge since I have specced for Tactical Mastery plus I pop Bloodrage as soon as I am in Def Stance.