Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    listo, you can't blame me for suspecting you

just look at these wonderful historical figures and you come up with Jack Sparrow

this feels like an authentic pearl necklace having one big fat fake pearl

surprising that Nef would place Sparrow in this bunch, given that he's not real

I'm more concerned on actions at this point than rolecard names. Maybe if Sparrow winds up being the odd one out, I'd scrutinize him more. There's still the "two watchers didn't see each other" thing, though again, that could also be explained by watchers watching the house from a distance and not visiting it.

my biggest worry is that this game won't end with dupti's flip

I've anticipated it for too long

there's a possibility that listo needs to survive til end

I still think it doesn't make sense to put 2 towns with a watch ability

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    my biggest worry is that this game won't end with dupti's flip

I've anticipated it for too long

there's a possibility that listo needs to survive til end

I still think it doesn't make sense to put 2 towns with a watch ability
    My ability was to either track or watch and I could only do it 1 time the entire game.

HA! If nothing else I made you all learn things lolol
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I'm this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limahong
    Not convinced character claims will be fruitful, but yes, it was interesting finding the wiki page

--

I believe there is a scum roleblocker. There are too many TPR claims around for this to not be the case. Ie, everyone.
    - Listo's claimed ability collaborates this. If you believe Listo is town, there is a scum roleblocker.

I was not blocked last night.
    - There is no sensible world where Decagon would be a primary scum target
    - I claim to have swapped Satsu and Decagon, and now the NK target choice makes sense. But it only adds up if I wasn't blocked.
    - Listo claims to have empowered me to not be blockable

Listo was not blocked last night
    - Satsu claims to have seen him in my backyard, so he wasn't blocked.

Satsu was not blocked last night
    - Satsu claims to have seen listo in my backyard, a claim which Listo backs up
    - Due to getting a result, satsu wasn't blocked.
    - Scum could still have blocked what they believe was Satsu, but hit Decagon instead. I believe this is the likely scenario.

--

Let's look at alibis for N2.

- Clarinet was jailed by Val. The only way Clarinet can be the N2 killer is through a strongman ability.

- Listo's ability was seen by SatsuBL. The only way he can have been the hitman is if scum can use multiple abilities in one night (as in; factional kill AND rolecard ability).
    This is not impossible. In Listo's favour, he did something in my back yard, and it certainly wasn't killing, and I claim it wasn't roleblocking.

- Satsu's ability result is verified by Listo. The only way he can have been the hitman is if scum can use multiple abilities in one night. This is not impossible.
    I personally see Satsu as confirmed town, but you may see it differently.

- Val claims to have jailed Clarinet, but this is not verifiable given night actions. Val has no alibi.

- Danner (hi!) claims to have bussed Satsu and Decagon. Satsu didn't die, but I can still be a evil scum faking that whole scenario, killing Decagon directly.
    While Clarinet's claim would have made that impossible, Val moots Clarinet's claim. So I have no alibi.

- Dupti is unknown. Dupti is the main possible hitman candidate in this scenario. I'm clearly leaning towards voting Dupti in this scenario.

But:
    - I believe there are two scum remaining.
    - Any of the alibis above can be fake if you rely on only one player.

--

I would really like to hear from @dupti at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

And specifically, if there are two scum remaining, this is LYLO.

- - - Updated - - -

The term I am looking for is MYLO
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Can definitely testify to Val's claim, my protection failed and I got a notification for that

Danner meant that there is no way to prove in the threat ATM I was the jailer who blocked you, though if we assume everyone else who has claimed thus far is telling the truth, the only jailers/roleblockers could be me or Dupti.

Can definitely testify to Val's claim, my protection failed and I got a notification for that
    Hm. Unusual.
    But matches yourt claim in #109, so there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Danner meant that there is no way to prove in the threat ATM I was the jailer who blocked you, though if we assume everyone else who has claimed thus far is telling the truth, the only jailers/roleblockers could be me or Dupti.
    Seems like Clarinet is able to verify your action after all!
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The term I am looking for is MYLO
    It is not even auto lose if Dupti flips town. Scum can still kill each other on bus drive, get jailed or hit protect. This is kind of a mine field. Imo Dupti has to go today but no need to rush it. Maybe he will tell us some cool story. Not much content from Dupti this game. Usually he is a text-wall generator.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll explain my position

I've protected Decalon (pls let it be the correct spelling) and Danner claimed to have switched Satsu senpai with Decagon (yes, this time I've looked at his nick) but DECAGON SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN KILLED he was protected by me
    Either you protected Decagon or you got notified your action failed. Your story doesn't match.

Both statements put together make sense, he was protected because I chose him, but my protection failed

both pieces of info complete a puzzle so they match

10+ Year Old Account
    Clarinet you would’ve more than likely been told in your QT if it failed, however some mods decide not to say it an action failed.

Reminder!

Current vote count:

dupti (1): Clarinet post 138

With six pirates alive, it takes four votes for a short drop and a sudden stop.

it's already getting late

tumultuous waves ahead of us til we arrive at our desired seashore

don't forget to vote for dupti fellow pirates

So, it's either voting dupti, or no-voting as far as I see it.
    I assume there are two scum left out of six players alive.
    If dupti is town, we rely on not losing a townie tonight, or it's game over.

There's like four protective roles claimed (listo pgo option, me busdriving, val jailing, clarinet doctoring) across the five players that aren't dupti. Unfortunately, the only one I am certain isn't scum is Satsu, who isn't in that list. Worst case, both val and clarinet are lying, and that would be very hard to protect against, especially if they have a roleblock option and can take me out of the equation that way.

I'm not thrilled about voting dupti due to him being absent, but it seems like the best option given what we have.
    However, the alternative is no-lynch. That gives us another night of info before we have to commit.

That said --- I am leaning towards lynching dupti anyways. I know it's not optimal safe play. But being a pirate isn't about playing things safe.

vote: dupti

However, if anyone feels strongly that we should delay that and do this safely, I'm still ears.

That vote puts it at L-1, I believe.

Only Clarinet had voted on Dupti before Danner. We are at L2.

That said, we have four hours left and Dupti is a no show.

Vote: Dupti

- - - Updated - - -

45 minutes left to vote @listo95 @SatsuBL

omg I'm so sorry I missed the cutoff. I'm a bad mod

Anyway.

Current votes:

dupti (4): Clarinet post 138, Danner post 175, Val post 176, SatsuBL post 177

As the pirates close in on dupti, he pulls a hidden flintlock from his long coat. Shouting "Ye'll never take me alive, bilge rats!" he turns the pistol to his own temple and fires, slumping backwards over the gunwale and into the depths.

Dupti, spying for the Imperial Navy, has been claimed by the sea.

Congratulations on town victory!

QuickTopics:

Dead Thread
    Scum Thread
    Listo95 as Jack Sparrow
    Allowyn as Jean Lafitte
    Decagon as Henry Morgan
    SatsuBL as Hayreddin Barbarossa
    Clarinet as Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
    Danner as Lim Hong
    Val the Moofia Boss as Gráinne Ní Mháille
    Graeham as Anne Bonny
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2019-09-29 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Thanks for the game Nef!

I feel like a terrible mod though... both my games have been over super quickly :/