Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    if you think that world quests or an AP like system arent a permanent part of the game from this point on you are crazy.
    No. I just don't accept the game has to be as bad as it currently is with the same tired systems that are grossly in need of an over-haul.

I tried it and decided, that i have outgrown the mindless grind that it classic and the weird one click rotations.
    And i actually was hyped for it.

I didn't mind the graphics after 10 levels.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly won't, OP. If Retail ever bores me to tears I still wouldn't go back to Classic. I would quit the game completely and cancel my sub before I would play Classic. The opportunity cost (for me) is too high. I refuse to spend hours leveling a single character in Classic when I can level several characters in BFA during that same time OR play a different game. There are literally hundreds of games out there and I would pick many of them over Classic.

No offense, but OP you speak only for yourself. Nobody else. I will NEVER want to regress that much into Classic.
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by letsdothat View Post
    When Blizzard completely changes retail, factions are removed, classes completely changed, the world itself completely changed...we will all want to play classic, whether we like it or not. This is my motivation to myself. Time to get back to the grind.

Also, this is why an optional HD graphics setting is a must. It won't just be "classic", but the starting point story wise, to a game that no longer exists in a modern form.

Edit: I’m not saying people would choose one game over another out of preferences, but simply to want to experience it all from the beginning. Ideally, if I was a new player I would wanna play classic in HD then move on to retail and keep playing them together. Whenever there is a new phase in classic chances are the latest patch content has already been cleared on retail and so on.

Blizzard needs to do this in order to salvage the game since hype is pretty much dead and the level of disappointment from expectations vs reality is too big to ignore. HD option is basically turning it into a separate timewalking game mode.

Blizzard will also probably have no choice but to keep releasing older expansions either separately or accessible from within retail in classic mode. If they go the separate servers route, you will regret not having leveled up to 60 in classic since you will not be able to copy a level 60 over to TBC...etc If they don't do this, there will always be content droughts and people complaining they have nothing to do and go play other games.
    Why HD Graphics? I play on max settings for a few weeks then dropped back down to Vanilla graphics and notice 0 Difference in the two settings. Then again I could give 2 shits less about graphics honestly I am more about Gameplay. Just like I view the new character models as a total waste of development time as all my characters wear armor and I never see their faces and play fully zoomed out so could give 2 shits less about casting animations and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I tried it and decided, that i have outgrown the mindless grind that it classic and the weird one click rotations.
    And i actually was hyped for it.

I didn't mind the graphics after 10 levels.
    Sure. Now go and kill Nazjess! She keeps growing her head back megalulz! Maybe after kill 3120 eh?

When Blizzard completely changes retail, factions are removed, classes completely changed, the world itself completely changed...we will all want to play classic, whether we like it or not. This is my motivation to myself. Time to get back to the grind.

Also, this is why an optional HD graphics setting is a must. It won't just be "classic", but the starting point story wise, to a game that no longer exists in a modern form.

Edit: I’m not saying people would choose one game over another out of preferences, but simply to want to experience it all from the beginning. Ideally, if I was a new player I would wanna play classic in HD then move on to retail and keep playing them together. Whenever there is a new phase in classic chances are the latest patch content has already been cleared on retail and so on.

Blizzard needs to do this in order to salvage the game since hype is pretty much dead and the level of disappointment from expectations vs reality is too big to ignore. HD option is basically turning it into a separate timewalking game mode.

Blizzard will also probably have no choice but to keep releasing older expansions either separately or accessible from within retail in classic mode. If they go the separate servers route, you will regret not having leveled up to 60 in classic since you will not be able to copy a level 60 over to TBC...etc If they don't do this, there will always be content droughts and people complaining they have nothing to do and go play other games.
    i will literally never play classic again. so no screw that. you get classic as it pretty much was. no hd graphics no QoL. enjoy it for what it is, a 15yr old game

Why do people project like this? It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What if I prefer even BFA to classic?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this - are we pretending not pressing anything for seconds at a time is fun now?

- - - Updated - - -

Of course this is all your opinion.
    Pretty widely shared opinion though.

Why hate the fact that most people feel that retail in it's current state is utter trash? Change won't happen unless people voice their true feelings.

8.2 was good for a couple months, i'll give BFA that, and the raids/story are fantastic, but that's not enough to carry the game on a day to day basis.

World quests, need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Where did I say I hated the fact that people feel a certain way. Don't assume it makes you look stupid.

And again - you think world quests need to go, what would Blizz replace them with? Dailies? People bitched about that. Nothing? People REALLY bitched about that, world quests is a nice middle ground, something you need to do at the start of the expansion or on a new toon - but as time goes on you can ignore them if you wish.

Then the artifact system - simply put gives you something to progress on for the entire expansion, and it does at depth to the game that it sorely needs, not to mention removing it would completely destroy any incentive to play after getting your gear, which Blizzard don't seem to want.

I'm not saying BFA is perfect it's not, but it's not the worst the game has ever been, not in my opinion at least.
    BFA has been by far the worst place the game has been at, this isn't my opinion, these are facts. It will not be an expansion remembered fondly for anything. Even CATA had it's good points.

We will all want to play classic eventually
    Uh... no?

I don't think there's any statement that is true for "we will all want to...". It's impossible to have everyone want the same thing.

Except maybe breathe, we will all want to breathe and not die. But maybe suicidal people will still disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    Sure. Now go and kill Nazjess! She keeps growing her head back megalulz! Maybe after kill 3120 eh?
    I run casual Mythic. 4/8. I do not grind at all in retail because i hate it^^
    There is also no real need to.

You just achieved 1 post per year. You will need to wait until 2020 for your next post.
    Says the guy with 31 posts? wtf dude really..