Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I'm a retail fanatic. I love continuing lores and stuff. I don't want wow to be replaced for a wow classic version of it, that's like anti climatic and will make the game go so much more down than having a "simple bad expansion, with bad features and bad systems". I see nothing special about classic, besides having a more social element attached. And even now people come to classic with retail cross-realms mentality and it feels weird, for what is was and what it is. They are so different i can't even compare to be quite frankly with you. Comparisons are made when something is similar but ain't the same, it's the same game but almost everything is different, the quests are different, the world is different, the classes are different, you can pass here all day discussing differences, because there's alot, and that's what people don't get, when they start the topic of classic vs retail is useless, because it's not comparable. Just enjoy both! How hard is that? Or just like one, then don't comment on retail, forget about retail, do whatever you want but just stop bashing retail. If "you" (being generalized here) want changes brought back to retail just say it like "oh man, i really like this, wish retail had it", not just like "retail sucks, you bunch of retail bois, retail is sooo easy, retail is this and that"
    God i get overly tired of seeing this.

Anyway, back on topic. I really never thought about the impact it would make to have cross realms like it does, and i never thought i wanted it so bad to come back to how it was. I want specific realms to be a thing and i want this knowing everyone back again. I felt this knowing everyone back in the day on Cataclysm. I know all PVP/PVE guilds, i knew what they got new. I knew even if i wanted to be pvp or pve only because i liked the atmosphere of the guild on PVP and PVE or just going around with them. I used to go bars with my guild, pretending we were celebrating a RBG victory. And getting drunk. Like a Guild Hall with a bar. Was great.
    I agree with most of what you said. It is a really different game but I think the differences can be objectively talked about. Like with just the point on realm / community difference etc. I don't like when people mindlessly bash live wow either. Like I said , im a classic fanatic right now but I know live wow is much better with some things missing that are important to me. I only bring up the things I miss that I wish live had because I do want to play live wow and scrap classic completely. Social feeling and investment to a toon is really all live wow misses for me as everything else is MILES better. (most of my friends agree on this too, all of them say live wow is way better but just misses a few things that really feel mmoish to them)

Raiding is way better, graphics is way better, designs is way better, questing is 100000000x better, models are way better. I don't even think classic has much to it besides the realm/community/gold mattering.

I'm glad you enjoy live wow though, I'm currently giving it another chance, sub for classic means I can try live wow again haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusy View Post
    I can't really relate to that at all. I was on a server where there was like 2-3 toxic dudes for like 40-60 good people. I could see how that sucks but every type of community anywhere is going to have some suckers. I'm not sure why you wouldnt feel attached to a server when you see the same people every day for months and do the same dungeons and stuff. I knew like over 300 people on my server in wotlk and had access to like 6 vents. It felt really cool.. Even people I was never in vent with or guild, but always did wintergrasp or saw run by me in dalaran, I feel a connection with. Idk that sucks you haven't experienced what i did for wotlk/cata. This is part of the reason I enjoy classic so much right now.
    I wouldn't be attached to people even if i see them 300 times per millisecond. What makes community is people who i speak with and consider them acquaintances.

People on the server are strangers to me until I speak and play with them.

I't completely doesn't suck I didn't experience things you did as i simply consider them meaningless. It's the part of the game I hated in the past, glad we are over this.
    Long story short, "server community" is as much community as strangers on the bus.

I know right. It's about entertaining and having always stuff to do, not treating wow like a second job, being serious and work hard on it more than irl. You need challenges and stuff that is hard to obtain but doesn't need to be the revolving around difficulty all the time, and the easy things seems too easy to get, because they want you to do the harder ones. So it's like a feeling of a 8 or 80.
    agreed. things are out of control at blizzard. they are too busy promoting LGBTQ bullshit instead of just helping homeless people in California.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I wouldn't be attached to people even if i see them 300 times per millisecond. What makes community is people who i speak with and consider them acquaintances.

People on the server are strangers to me until I speak and play with them.

I't completely doesn't suck I didn't experience things you did as i simply consider them meaningless. It's the part of the game I hated in the past, glad we are over this.
    Long story short, "server community" is as much community as strangers on the bus.

I guess thats just the way people differ, i can't understand this at all! When I see strangers 500x I always feel inclined to talk and learn more a bout them and no longer be strangers. I'm glad wow is more fitting for you then

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    lmao no buddy, it's the oposite. Easy WoW is retail
    Didn't two raids get cleared in a single day... Classic has harder leveling but that's it.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    One day the WoW playerbase will understand that bleeding edge difficulty in an MMORPG does not make it fun, and a lot of the ways Blizzard makes difficult things difficult are the absolute death of fun.
    except BC and wrath prove otherwise, cata was easy by comparison after they nerfed it in week 2 and it lost the most subs until WoD, another easy casual-centric expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    lmao no buddy, it's the oposite. Easy WoW is retail
    Ye that's why everything was cleared in a week, lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokami View Post
    Ye that's why everything was cleared in a week, lmfao.
    it was, after blizzard nerfed it for method.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    it was, after blizzard nerfed it for method.
    Ye sure LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    The way WoW is made now makes impossible to really Enjoy pugging.
    I don't know if it's true but if it is that's a good thing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Classic its hard on the leveling side, if you dont have friends or you are anti-social. While BfA can be sometimes be easy on leveling by bypassing with dungeon spam, if you try to leveling normally there are enemies that are impossible to kill alone like the Elite Dwarf Commander on SIlverpine forest or the Yeti on Tarren Mill.

But in terms of Raiding,
    Classic its easy to normal. Because you already should know how to beat those bosses, and some of them are literally "stacking resistances", like just wait for Naxxramas and look how overprice the Shadow ressitance enchants will go up. While other raids are just hard because you needed 30+ people in level max with the gear. WIch was hard back then, now should be piece of cake, beacuse everyone its already 60 with dungeon gear spamming MC.

But on BfA raids go from Normal to Super Hard (LFR), because LFR its literally everyone dont know mechanics and sometimes just do nothing. While Heroic version its the Hard mode for most standard guilds, the well structured guilds go for Mythic, and that "****" its HARD" literally. Even Method struggled so much with a simple mechanic like LOS (line of sight) just because it was forgotten as a mechanic many times before, but now was important again.

So you can see how the Make WoW Easy vs WoW its hard debate starts. People that never played classic and people that never played BfA.

That is implicit without having to be pointed out?? Oh god, i didn't know! *Pikachu face*
    Fixed that for you buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So what reason is there to roll on a pvp realm. Please enlighten us. Remember, anyone can flag themselves on a pve realm at any stage.
    pvping with people in like your level range/zones, competing for mobs is one thing

parking up in the xroads/redridge and killing grey players/npcs is a different thing altogether.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levogames View Post
    Never talked about the hardest difficulty. Maybe the poor understanding is what makes people think this is a thread about retail vs classic.
    More than a little ironic that you talk about people not understanding and then talk as if I mentioned, or alluded to, classic in any way shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    pvping with people in like your level range/zones, competing for mobs is one thing

parking up in the xroads/redridge and killing grey players/npcs is a different thing altogether.
    No its not.

No its not.
    okay, degenerate camper.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    okay, degenerate camper.
    So again, you didnt answer me at all - you really dont seem to understand the difference between a pvp and pve realm.

So again, you didnt answer me at all - you really dont seem to understand the difference between a pvp and pve realm.
    oh, I 100% understand, and my opinion remains the same. If you go out of your way to grief a lowbie area, you're a degenerate. A 60 camping ashenvale? Degenerate. A 45 camping 30's in desolace? Degenerate. You want pvp? go beef with people in a zone where the other faction is at your level.

Quote Originally Posted by Fartoo View Post
    To conclude my little rant and to answer OP, no, raids should deffinitely not be made easier. If it were up to me I’d even go for making them harder, atleast mythic (first few bosses were a joke even on mythic in EP and BDA). If mythic is too hard for you, thats fine, thats why you have other difficulties, heroic will probably suite you. Stop trying to ruin the fun for others and just play the difficulty that works for you.
    To be fair, Blizzard actually cannot make harder raids without adding another difficulty and they won't. Remember the last time they made a hard raid? There were mythic tears everywhere because there was no gear progression that would allow guilds to get better. They either had the right skills or they couldn't do it. It was so hard that it actually hinted that Method may not be the best raiders the game has. It definitely showed that the majority of mythic raiders shouldn't really be calling themself that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    To be fair, Blizzard actually cannot make harder raids without adding another difficulty and they won't. Remember the last time they made a hard raid? There were mythic tears everywhere because there was no gear progression that would allow guilds to get better. They either had the right skills or they couldn't do it. It was so hard that it actually hinted that Method may not be the best raiders the game has. It definitely showed that the majority of mythic raiders shouldn't really be calling themself that.
    BRF mythic tears were amazing. Were you around for the blood legion day planner fiasco?