Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All of Classic is hardstuck on the 'medium' setting whereas BfA has most content set to 'very easy' and some content has the option to go up to 'very hard'.
    HC raid setting is objectively harder. You can't get in there in one shot everything if you are not suitably geared from previous tiers. In fact, it takes some nice time for even good guilds to do so. Not that they are trying, but regular mythic raiding guild can't clear HC on day one. It usually takes us 4 raids on HC release week to get AotC achiev. Argus raid took us normal raiding week I think. (we use one day to clear normal usually) and two days to do hc.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    All of Classic is hardstuck on the 'medium' setting whereas BfA has most content set to 'very easy' and some content has the option to go up to 'very hard'.
    Classic is not hardstuck on medium dude, not even close. If LFR counts as Easy mode in retail then that means Classic is hardstuck on Easy.

  3. #23
    Banned Wyrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    23,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    But they died when leveling, which means raiding is hard or something...
    It's not even like leveling is hard either. You just turn on autowand then jack off until the mob is dead, then repeat. It's mind numbingly boring and time consuming, but not hard.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I suggest OP starts playing classic. There are zero mechanics.
    Play mage and you can AOE pull as many mobs you want and level 1-60 in under a week. In raids you have zero mechanics and you only press frostbolt.

    I would even argue that raiding in classic is easier then LFR.
    And in retail you can lvl 1-120 in under a day with LFG spam where YOU CAN'T DIE EVEN IF YOU TRY. You can play Retail WoW with Harcore mode, delete character on death, and still clear everything without ease. Only mythic raiding is somewhat difficult which is aimed to 0.1% of the playerbase.

    The rest is so easy and dumbed down it's nothing but a grind for micro-upgrades. Retail WoW is a mobile game played on a computer.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's not even like leveling is hard either. You just turn on autowand then jack off until the mob is dead, then repeat. It's mind numbingly boring and time consuming, but not hard.
    Yeah i agree on that. It was just extra stupid that for some reason pointing out lvling might kill you because you don't pay attention out of boredom somehow meant raiding is hard which OP was talking about.

    Basically reaching for straws that haven't started to even grow yet.

  6. #26
    Banned Wyrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    23,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And in retail you can lvl 1-120 in under a day with LFG spam where YOU CAN'T DIE EVEN IF YOU TRY. You can play Retail WoW with Harcore mode, delete character on death, and still clear everything without ease. Only mythic raiding is somewhat difficult which is aimed to 0.1% of the playerbase.

    The rest is so easy and dumbed down it's nothing but a grind for micro-upgrades. Retail WoW is a mobile game played on a computer.
    Classic raids are easier than LFR. The bosses have like 2 mechanics and DPS "rotations' are as "difficult" as "Spam Frostbolt until the boss is dead."

  7. #27
    This complaint is like 1.5 to 2 years too late. It would have made sense during ToS, in the current raids it's not that bad that it's an issue though.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And in retail you can lvl 1-120 in under a day with LFG spam where YOU CAN'T DIE EVEN IF YOU TRY. You can play Retail WoW with Harcore mode, delete character on death, and still clear everything without ease. Only mythic raiding is somewhat difficult which is aimed to 0.1% of the playerbase.

    The rest is so easy and dumbed down it's nothing but a grind for micro-upgrades. Retail WoW is a mobile game played on a computer.
    At least we have to press some buttons on retail while leveling. And endgame is valuable and has variety

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Stating that retail is easy makes my blood boil when you know for a fact mythic isn't, stating BfA raids are easy is so wrong it hurts. That generalization and comparison with classic is just absurd. They have nothing to compare. If you're talking in a LFR and normal that's the only comparison you can do that "retail is easy", there's more content over the "easy" part in retail you know.
    You don't seem to get a grasp on what you are being told.
    RPG is not a genre, where 90% of the game is zerg and another optional 10% are ultra-hard darksouls mode.

    BfA is easily a zerg in literally every aspect except for mythic raiding and 2k+ pvp.
    yes, it's more fast and dynamic. But rotations are mostly "mash highlighted button". Especially with addons like WA and TellMeWhen.

    Classic ain't easy overall. But it ain't very hard either.
    Rotations are simple and boring. But what makes it annoyingly addictive - is the actual environment. You have to think on how to approach every mob while you level.

    Not saying BfA is easier than Classic (cuz it's not). I am saying BfA doesn't feel like a goddamn mmorpg.

    ___

    Speaking of MC zerg, you devaluate 15-year time investment. Pretty sure, that if top guilds were farming Mythic KJ for 15 years, he would be a oneshot as well.
    Last edited by ornichi; 2019-09-24 at 09:47 AM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    And in retail you can lvl 1-120 in under a day with LFG spam where YOU CAN'T DIE EVEN IF YOU TRY. You can play Retail WoW with Harcore mode, delete character on death, and still clear everything without ease. Only mythic raiding is somewhat difficult which is aimed to 0.1% of the playerbase.

    The rest is so easy and dumbed down it's nothing but a grind for micro-upgrades. Retail WoW is a mobile game played on a computer.
    So because leveling takes longer the game is harder?

    People literally one shot MC in quest greens @ level 58.
    My friends cleared MC yesterday in a PUG, they reached level 60 the day before.

    It's impossible to argue that classic wow is a more difficult game. Seriously.

    Leveling might be "easier", (correct phrasing is less time consuming) in retail but i rather have a high difficult ceiling in end game content than a more time consuming leveling and easy mode end game.


    Also. You say mythic raiding is "aimed" to 0.1% of the players. What you are really saying is that only 0.1% of the players are capable of doing it. So you basically just proved yourself wrong.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ornichi View Post
    You don't seem to get a grasp on what you are being told.
    RPG is not a genre, where 90% of the game is zerg and another optional 10% are ultra-hard darksouls mode.

    BfA is easily a zerg in literally every aspect except for mythic raiding and 2k+ pvp.
    Classic ain't easy overall. But it ain't very hard either.

    Speaking of MC zerg, you devaluate 15-year time investment. Pretty sure, that if top guilds were farming Mythic KJ for 15 years, he would be a oneshot as well.
    All iterations of WoW since 2005 have been zerg, you were just either behind the curve or shit at the game.

    RPG elements mean shit all if players are higher skilled/knowledgeable about mechanics and gaming overall, its why some of the "Hardcore" everquest raiders were the majority of theorycrafters in Vanilla.

    Its the same as in retail where you join joke content like +5 to +10 and the tank pulls 1-2 mobs at a time, while everyone is 20 item levels above the "you cant wipe threshold", and people still wipe to those 2 mobs, because plain shit at the game.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-09-24 at 09:50 AM.

  12. #32
    High Overlord MasterMirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Beyond the Dark Portal
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Contrary to what these forums will tell you, dying during leveling is not the makings of a "hard" game.

    Difficulty is something you can overcome with proper and engaging play. Classic leveling is not that. If you accidentally pull eg. 3 instead of 2 mobs, you are dead. No amount of awesome play can change that. Thats not difficulty, thats just frustration.
    So much this. I know that Classic's fanboys struggle to deal with the fact that Classic is far easier than what they claimed, but you focused on the point very well.

  13. #33
    Banned Wyrt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    23,105
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterMirror View Post
    So much this. I know that Classic's fanboys struggle to deal with the fact that Classic is far easier than what they claimed, but you focused on the point very well.
    Yep. Played priest on classic and there's literally nothing to do if I pull more than 2 mobs other than to run away. The constant push back on spells and just running out of mana prevent it. It's not difficult, because it's not something I can overcome. It's just a hard limitation on how much I can fight at a time which just makes things take longer.

  14. #34
    Go play Classic if you want easy raid mechanics.

  15. #35
    the OP can't be serious....or is he ?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by ornichi View Post
    You don't seem to get a grasp on what you are being told.
    RPG is not a genre, where 90% of the game is zerg and another optional 10% are ultra-hard darksouls mode.

    BfA is easily a zerg in literally every aspect except for mythic raiding and 2k+ pvp.
    yes, it's more fast and dynamic. But rotations are mostly "mash highlighted button". Especially with addons like WA and TellMeWhen.

    Classic ain't easy overall. But it ain't very hard either.
    Rotations are simple and boring. But what makes it annoyingly addictive - is the actual environment. You have to think on how to approach every mob while you level.

    Not saying BfA is easier than Classic (cuz it's not). I am saying BfA doesn't feel like a goddamn mmorpg.

    ___

    Speaking of MC zerg, you devaluate 15-year time investment. Pretty sure, that if top guilds were farming Mythic KJ for 15 years, he would be a oneshot as well.
    I'm not like everyone else that thinks wow ain't a MMORPG anymore. And i don't think Kil'Jaeden would have a oneshot after 15 years still, because it would be needed to people to have synergy and work as a team, and that takes time to do. Method works too much as a team, they follow everything they are being told and they don't fail most of the times. They practice so much, and spend even sometimes a whole day raiding that they end up knowing fights from back and forward, so answering to your question, it's not just knowing the fights, it's as well knowing the players you're playing with and trust them, in that sense i get the OP a lot, you can't do a zerg mythic run PUG ever, it just doesn't work. And many times, i'm leading even old raids such as Tomb, and all fine when it comes to just dpsing the boss down as fast as possible, but when it comes mechanics, like all going to an orb together, they simply fail and we wipe. Many of the mog runs to Tomb when we get to Kil'jaeden is like, byeeeeee guys before we even try, cause people know for a fact it won't work. And something simple as even a normal with pugs or socials on guild or premades of BfA, there's wipes that is crazy. Mechanics are proper mechanics in Retail. Even when mythics are opened to do cross servers, u need to ask people to join that knows the mechanics from doing it with their guilds, and good item level, because the truth is that you can't just do it without having that teamwork knowledge.
    And this have the MMORPG imbued in it. You need to COMMUNICATE. As well as you need to communicate for RBGS. The problem with MMO sense of playstyle in BFA is simply cause people DON'T WANT TO TALK, that element is like dead in retail. People just want to carry on with their stuff without people interfering and only on raids they talk, and if they go inside a raid without talking then you're basically screwed. And many people does this. This whole vogue that surrounds nowadays wow of being "easy" is purely burnouts of people that don't like how the classes, the content are in the current expansions. And make the Classic their OHLORDY HOLY GRAIL when it's not. It's vogue purely and simply put.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-09-24 at 10:09 AM.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I suggest OP starts playing classic. There are zero mechanics.
    Play mage and you can AOE pull as many mobs you want and level 1-60 in under a week. In raids you have zero mechanics and you only press frostbolt.

    I would even argue that raiding in classic is easier then LFR.
    don't talk s... man.
    had more ghost runs in classic in a month than in retail in 2 years.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    don't talk s... man.
    had more ghost runs in classic in a month than in retail in 2 years.
    I mean if you do WQs only and pet battles I imagine that's true.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    And i don't think Kil'Jaeden would have a oneshot after 15 years still, because it would be needed to people to have synergy and work as a team, and that takes time to do.
    I think 15 years qualifies as "time".

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxyAnatoliy View Post
    At least we have to press some buttons on retail while leveling. And endgame is valuable and has variety
    ahahahahaha

    V-A-L-U-A-B-L-E - grinding shit in hope of tf

    V-A-R-I-E-T-Y - wq's, raid, wq's, raid, wq's

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •