Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do you unlock allied races in 8.25?

So I just boosted an ally toon to 110 cause I wanted to make a lightforged draenei. People told me if I had the requirements from a horde toon all I had to do was have a 110 ally. So I do the scenario for lordaeron and I head to the embassy in sw after. I click on the tabard, both requirements ticked. And yet allas, no quest appears. Same thing for void elf where I also have the requirements met from my horde toon. The leaders as I read have all left the embassies.
    How do you unlock allied races now in 8.2.5? Is this a bug?

It depends on the race. This link should have all the info you need:

https://www.wowhead.com/allied-races

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    It depends on the race. This link should have all the info you need:

https://www.wowhead.com/allied-races
    But my issue is that I fullfill all the requirements from my horde toon, but when I go to the embassy with my alliance toon there is no quest that starts anywhere.

Are we required to replay everything on the other faction in order to unlock the respective Allied Races? Wanted to have them all unlocked, but I'm very demotivated to do so if that's the case.

Lmao you need to do it all on alliance. You need specific rep - the equivalent Horde rep doesn’t matter.

Boosted characters sometimes take a day (or more) to unlock everything, this might be related.

Quote Originally Posted by letgoit View Post
    Lmao you need to do it all on alliance. You need specific rep - the equivalent Horde rep doesn’t matter.
    gtfo with your wrong information.

I’ve heard all allied races require a level 120 to do the recruitment quest, even the ones that were available in 7.3.5. I’m not sure if the info is true, as I had unlocked them before this change, but maybe this is the reason?
    Whatever...

But both Horde and Alliance have the same reputations in Argus???

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    But my issue is that I fullfill all the requirements from my horde toon, but when I go to the embassy with my alliance toon there is no quest that starts anywhere.
    This is from Blizzard regarding faction changes (Source: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ts/88181/171):

"I’ve completed all the above on my only 120 character. If I was to faction change to alliance now, would I still be able to unlock Zandalari, or do I need to wait till the unlock quest chain is live before faction changing?

Sorry for the delay, but I got some details related to characters that swap factions and these requirements! If you do a faction change your reputations will switch over but quest completion does not, so if you want to qualify to unlock the kul tiran/zandalari you will need to do the main storyline for that continent and faction.

Note that for the War Campaign aspect, if you got to exalted with 7th Legion/Honorbound then you can just do all the chapters without any delays to gain more reputation."
    It appears that you must grind factions on both sides unless you faction change.

Here is a link to rep equivalences (NOTE: this applies ONLY to faction swapping and does not impact allied race requirements otherwise): https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/181427

Basically put, unless you faction change, you have to rep grind assuming the requirement is not literally the same rep on each faction.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, here's a link to a Wowhead tool that shows you exactly what (if anything) you are missing: https://www.wowhead.com/attunement. No need to log in to your WoW account - just go to that site, choose a server and character name, and it will give you a list.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/attunement

This is from Blizzard regarding faction changes (Source: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ts/88181/171):

It appears that you must grind factions on both sides unless you faction change.

Here is a link to rep equivalences (NOTE: this applies ONLY to faction swapping and does not impact allied race requirements otherwise): https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/181427

Basically put, unless you faction change, you have to rep grind assuming the requirement is not literally the same rep on each faction.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, here's a link to a Wowhead tool that shows you exactly what (if anything) you are missing: https://www.wowhead.com/attunement. No need to log in to your WoW account - just go to that site, choose a server and character name, and it will give you a list.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wowhead.com/attunement
    That's only for faction specific reps.

I didn't do highmountain or suramar on horde side yet I have both unlocked as allied races just from boosting a horde toon.

For OP, if you haven't, I'd suggest getting to Boralus at least, and then head back to stormwind when you unlock the portal there.

You should get "Call for allies" at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is specific faction requirements for each race.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Google is your friend, you'll find out faster than getting snarky responses, wrong info or waiting for a legit response.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

I didn't do highmountain or suramar on horde side yet I have both unlocked as allied races just from boosting a horde toon.

For OP, if you haven't, I'd suggest getting to Boralus at least, and then head back to stormwind when you unlock the portal there.

Highmountain and Suramar requirements are based on the achievements and not rep specifically. That's why you don't need to do them on the other side. If you have an alliance char that got those reps and finished the quest lines, then all characters have the achievements and thus qualify for that prerequisite regardless of what faction you used to obtain them. My understanding is that faction-based rep requirements (ones that only apply to one faction), you have to do the faction grind. E.g. although Proudmoore maps to Zandalari for transfer purposes, they don't sub for each other outside of that. Hence if you want to unlock the trolls, you must grind Zandalari rep, which you can't do Alliance-side or you do a char transfer so your rep flips and you magically obtain the requirement.

So I just boosted an ally toon to 110 cause I wanted to make a lightforged draenei. People told me if I had the requirements from a horde toon all I had to do was have a 110 ally. So I do the scenario for lordaeron and I head to the embassy in sw after. I click on the tabard, both requirements ticked. And yet allas, no quest appears. Same thing for void elf where I also have the requirements met from my horde toon. The leaders as I read have all left the embassies.
    How do you unlock allied races now in 8.2.5? Is this a bug?

Yikes a ton of misinformation in this thread

Apparently its a known issue OP

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are aware of an issue that causes the quest not to show up when purchasing Battle for Azeroth via the in-game shop and while logged in with a character. You should obtain the quest by relogging with your character, once the purchase is complete.
    They're referring specially to the quest [A Call for Allies], which starts the chain for the recruitment quests. Maybe that's related to your boost?
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2019-09-30 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is specific faction requirements for each race.
    He just said he fulfills those requirements.

OT: I read that you might have to do some quests on Kul Tiras before the quest in the embassy appears, don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Google is your friend, you'll find out faster than getting snarky responses, wrong info or waiting for a legit response.
    Sadly, Google cannot differentiate between valid sources either, so your likelihood of getting a legit response that way is about the same unless you're able to find links to Blizz rep quotes, which you can also find in this thread. But yes, never trust a response without a source

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

I think I misread your post and responded saying the same thing you just said. Sorry

If indeed he literally has all the requirements, then it may be as simple as relogging. That worked for a couple people on the sites I linked. My reading comprehension apparently isn't what it should be today

I think I misread your post and responded saying the same thing you just said. Sorry

If indeed he literally has all the requirements, then it may be as simple as relogging. That worked for a couple people on the sites I linked. My reading comprehension apparently isn't what it should be today
    It's all good lol, I quickly typed that on my phone so I probably could have been clearer.

But yeah it boils down to the 4 Allied Races from Legion (Void Elves/Lightforged Draenei/Highmountain Tauren/Nightborne) can all have their reps done on one character, and use alts to unlock them on the other faction.

But the ones from BfA (Dark Iron Dwarves/Kul Tirans/Mag'har Orcs/Zandalari Trolls) need to be done on the faction side they're from, on the character that has the reputation/requirements done.

Thank you for all your responses. I have opened a ticket. I m very much aware of the faction specific reps required for kul tirans and dark iron dwarves. I m SPECIFICALLY talking about lightforged draenei. I fullfill both requirements for them from my horde toon and I repeat, when I go to the embassy and click their banner it has BOTH requirements ticked. I will try doing a few quests in kul tiras and see if this makes it work as one pointed above.
    I of course also tried google and read a lot of threads but these were all from people that had either just purchased bfa (not the case) or it was pre bfa release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, i just boosted an alliance char and unlocked void and lightforged without grinding any rep, because i had em on my horde char.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Nope, i just boosted an alliance char and unlocked void and lightforged without grinding any rep, because i had em on my horde char.
    Do they have to be on the same server?
    Cause I still cannot unlock any race on the alliance embassy. My horde character is on kazzak and my ally on silvermoon.
    If they need to be on the same server I might just make a DH on kazzak and level him to 110 to unlock them