Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Booty Bay Massacre

For ranged players within BB, you can find locations to attack the other faction without agro from guards. Have you tried?

To clarify, I'm talking about easy to get to spots that are outside of the agro range of guards, like near Horde FP.
    Last edited by Cempa; 2019-09-25 at 12:46 PM.

No, because it's not allowed. Attacking other players from location where guards can't hit you is "terrain exploiting". I simply refere to icy-veins current news: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...-exploitation/

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a huge thread about this very subject on Reddit right now.

Using terrain exploits is bannable.

it's a load of shit that this is bannable. that kind of stuff wasn't bannable at all in live, at any point in the game's history.

the only way you could get banned for it was if you were obviously somewhere that it was NOT physically possible to get to without some kind of fly hack.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not an exploit if the guards dont agro lmao. just means you arent in range of guards

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the #Nochanges People make sure Blizzard doesn't ban people for this, since this is literally something that happened right throughout Vanilla without a Ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I hope the #Nochanges People make sure Blizzard doesn't ban people for this, since this is literally something that happened right throughout Vanilla without a Ban.
    i was doing this shit every single day for months in wotlk.

if this is bannable in classic, then classic is NOT classic.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was doing this shit every single day for months in wotlk.

if this is bannable in classic, then classic is NOT classic.
    It seems like it's up to the GM because I remember 100% sure that one of my guildies got banned for killing people in Gadgetzan by exploiting NPC pathing on top of roofs. In Vanilla.

100% you should and will be banned for this get over it

Good, hope these douchebags get banned for life.

it's a load of shit that this is bannable. that kind of stuff wasn't bannable at all in live, at any point in the game's history.

the only way you could get banned for it was if you were obviously somewhere that it was NOT physically possible to get to without some kind of fly hack.
    People have been banned for abusing what was possible in game but obviously not intended.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    It seems like it's up to the GM because I remember 100% sure that one of my guildies got banned for killing people in Gadgetzan by exploiting NPC pathing on top of roofs. In Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    People have been banned for abusing what was possible in game but obviously not intended.
    i remember a nixxiom video where he told a story about how he was killing shit in darkshire from one of the roofs. gm threatens to ban him, but once he points out that anyone could get up there and kill him, he lets it go because he didn't have to exploit to get there.

it's NOT an exploit to get on roofs, it's not even "clever use of game mechanics", it's just getting up on a roof and some dumbass getting asshurt over being too much of a shitter to get up there to get you.

If you don't like PvP, then don't play on a PvP server, or don't flag yourself.

i remember a nixxiom video where he told a story about how he was killing shit in darkshire from one of the roofs. gm threatens to ban him, but once he points out that anyone could get up there and kill him, he lets it go because he didn't have to exploit to get there.

it's NOT an exploit to get on roofs, it's not even "clever use of game mechanics", it's just getting up on a roof and some dumbass getting asshurt over being too much of a shitter to get up there to get you.
    What is considered an exploit is up to the devs, not entirely what is fair. If devs intended areas in a town to be immune to guards, then it's not an exploit. The latest blue post states otherwise. I hear many stating "well just fix it" but then we have the #nochanges. IMO it should just be fixed if it isn't intended.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I think it depends on the roof. Most roof tops in booty bay are pretty easy to get on top of. If you have to fall through the world and run under the map just to pop back out on top of the roof, then it is an exploit. Even if it was in classic, it's an exploit, and I would hope GM's would do something about it.

Wait this is bannable now? That's BS. My favorite pasttime as a rogue in vanilla was hanging on the spikes in Orgrimmar where the guards wouldn't aggro, dropping a crashin' thrashin' racer toy, and hoping Horde would be dumb enough to attack it and flag themselves.

Good ol' noob fishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

ITT: Bunch of "pvp" heroes complaining they can't kill others risk free

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Wait this is bannable now? That's BS. My favorite pasttime as a rogue in vanilla was hanging on the spikes in Orgrimmar where the guards wouldn't aggro, dropping a crashin' thrashin' racer toy, and hoping Horde would be dumb enough to attack it and flag themselves.

Good ol' noob fishing.
    Just being somewhere isn't illegal, using it to attack players without consequenses is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    I am not at all sure that OP is referring to terrain exploitation.

There are literally several places you can stand in BB that are outside of the Bruisers aggro field. One such area is an area about halfway between the entrance to BB and the Mithril Brotherhood NPC on the top tier of the town. This was a popular spot for pulling a single Bruiser and burning him down without aggroing any addition Bruisers in the process (used when grinding Bloodsail rep). This does not exploit terrain. It just takes advantage of a few rare spots where it's outside of the aggro field.

People getting worked up over nothing here.

Except, you know, when it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    Just being somewhere isn't illegal, using it to attack players without consequenses is.
    I think an important distinction is I was standing somewhere that did not require significant exploitation to get to, you literally just got up one of the ledges and hopped onto the spike, and I was well within range of hunters that wanted to drop a flare up there and shoot me. I would hope it'd only be an exploit if you were something like halfway inside a wall attacking people through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.