Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Warning for people who are thinking about taking the free transfer to a new server!

I took the transfer last night the moment it was possible from Gehannes to Earthshaker. And what a mistake it has been. Believe me, it's better to sit in the queue for a few hours than take the transfer to one of the new servers. There are legit less than 10 people in any of the capital cities. In most zones, you're the only person there. The only one willing to buy your mats is the vendor. You want to run a dungeon? No chance with only 3 people on the entire server being the same level as you.

The only hope I have left is that Blizzard merges all new servers together and that this at least forms a playable population. Either that, or the transfer process needs to be reversed.

Don't make the same mistake I made. Be grateful for that queue.

Everyone have nown this since vanilla. Never take the free transferes because the realms you can move to are beyond dead. (usualy)

Self-fulfilling prophecy : yes, if nobody does the transfer, then the realm will be empty.
    There is enough people in queue to completely fill both realms and then more. But there is this obsession about "not ending on a dead server" that prevents everyone from acting logically, and end up causing the reason why they acted like it to begin with.

That's the prisoner's dilemma paradox at work here.

Of course I blame first and foremost Blizzard, because this fear of dead server comes from them not doing shit to alleviate the situation of empty servers in the last 14 years, so people have a real good reason to be wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    Everyone have nown this since vanilla. Never take the free transferes because the realms you can move to are beyond dead. (usualy)
    This. We suffered through the queues day after day a for a reason.

Don't worry, you're still not at great loss, they'll be merging some servers eventually, not crossing them, merging them.

My logic was that since Blizzard opted to create completely new servers rather than fill up existing ones, there must be a great enough demand for these transfers. I knew that the population would always be a bit low compared to already existing realms. But at the very least I expected a playable population.

Which isn't there right now. It's almost impossible to run dungeons or do group quests and I fear it will likely never be possible to do raids. Large aspects of the game are simply not accessible anymore for me.

LOL called this day one, told everyone about it day one. "U DUn knO WHAt Ur TALkin BOot"

Blizzard>These servers gonna be full yo, go somewhere else
    Players>NO I HAVE A COOL NAME and asmon is here!!
    Blizzard>OK

Players>THESE QUES ARE BS MAKE MORE SERVERS!!!
    Blizzard>uh...ok well we did did you didn't go?
    Players>Give us xfers then!!
    Blizzard> ok

Players>THESE NEW SERVERS SUCK WHY DID I XFER!!!!!

Omg...blizzard children are so funny

next will be

Players>Merge the empty servers so I have ppl to play with!
    Blizzard> mmk
    players> WTF YOU MERGED SERVERS AND I LOST MY NAME WTF IS THIS!!!!

I did the same and I have some fears but... Its been less than a day. I'll start my depression next week if it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    My logic was that since Blizzard opted to create completely new servers rather than fill up existing ones, there must be a great enough demand for these transfers. I knew that the population would always be a bit low compared to already existing realms. But at the very least I expected a playable population.

Which isn't there right now. It's almost impossible to run dungeons or do group quests and I fear it will likely never be possible to do raids. Large aspects of the game are simply not accessible anymore for me.
    There is a high demand but blizzard opened them way to late. People aint gona risk switching away from a full server to a very likley dead realm. Blizz acted too late.

You think it's dead now? Wait couple of months...

The reason people dont move from the biggest servers despite crazy queues is that most are aware that the hype will die out eventually, and the only servers with healthy population will be the ones that are WAY overpopulated right now, like Gehennas EU.

And yes, you made a horrible mistake. Shame on you.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    LOL called this day one, told everyone about it day one. "U DUn knO WHAt Ur TALkin BOot"

Blizzard>OK

Blizzard> ok

next will be

Blizzard> mmk
    If you see that a specific type of food resturant is popular one year and then decide to open a resturant with that food the year after you will prob be too late to the party. Same with servers, blizz acted to late.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post

Blizzard>OK

Blizzard> ok

next will be

Blizzard> mmk
    Well tbh I wanted a transfer to an existing server but Blizzard didn't offer that possibility. I'll happily lose my name for a merge.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    You think it's dead now? Wait couple of months...

The reason people dont move from the biggest servers despite crazy queues is that most are aware that the hype will die out eventually, and the only servers with healthy population will be the ones that are WAY overpopulated right now, like Gehennas EU.

And yes, you made a horrible mistake. Shame on you.
    Yep. Most people will quit classic and either stop play WoW or go back to retail. blizz knows this and so do most others. High pop now will atleast mean some decent pop later (we hope)

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Self-fulfilling prophecy : yes, if nobody does the transfer, then the realm will be empty.
    There is enough people in queue to completely fill both realms and then more. But there is this obsession about "not ending on a dead server" that prevents everyone from acting logically, and end up causing the reason why they acted like it to begin with.

That's the prisoner's dilemma paradox at work here.

Of course I blame first and foremost Blizzard, because this fear of dead server comes from them not doing shit to alleviate the situation of empty servers in the last 14 years, so people have a real good reason to be wary.
    the thing is, there will be problems with those people, who stay on massive servers, when they remove layering, so instead of having healthy amount of players per zone/mats farming spots, they will have 4 times as many people all of the sudden, unless blizz removes layers gradually

A better warning.
    No matter what you choice. Your server will be dead.

This is the most important reason that I don't play Classic.
    I don't want to pay $25.

Don't feel bad.
    My prediction is that after a few months, only 2 servers will be high and many are medium.
    Then people start to pay $25 to these 2 high servers. This make all medium servers dead.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2019-09-06 at 09:53 AM.

Remember right now the server is only open to transferred characters. It takes a day before fresh characters can be made there. The population will likely bounce up a bit then.

Kazzak, one of the most popular EU realms was built on free transfers in Vanilla.

Magtheridon as well.

I took the transfer last night the moment it was possible from Gehannes to Earthshaker. And what a mistake it has been. Believe me, it's better to sit in the queue for a few hours than take the transfer to one of the new servers. There are legit less than 10 people in any of the capital cities. In most zones, you're the only person there. The only one willing to buy your mats is the vendor. You want to run a dungeon? No chance with only 3 people on the entire server being the same level as you.

The only hope I have left is that Blizzard merges all new servers together and that this at least forms a playable population. Either that, or the transfer process needs to be reversed.

Well... they're new servers. What did you expect.

Suprise suprise, If they open a brand new server (That is even locked for new character creations for a few days) and you transfer to it.. then you are the only person on the server.

Blizzard's move to weed out stupid people worked. Thanks!