Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Who is Sylvanas feeding the souls ? Helya? In exchange for what? Did she burn down Teldrasil in order to feed ?? souls as well?
    Maybe she wants to be fed and empowered like the lich king because she thinks she's the only chance Azeroth has got against whatever evil has Azeroth bleeding? I imagine in her mind it's going to take a lot of souls to pull out the sword in silithus. She'll happily sacrifice herself to that task taking on power that'll probably obliterate what's left of her own free will and fading sanity while of the belief that she's helping...

She could be joining team with Azshara and Nzoth for who knows what. Probably some void lord somewhere saying hello and trying to enter our realm through the tear in the side of Azeroth. If not corrupting the planet itself to become a lord or a gateway stabilized and manifesting here through the sickness and escalating chaos.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Ah. So now the whole lot of you ladies come up with "blizz wtf" and "worst xpac story evah" feedback. Not when the whole concept of story bullshift and blatant violation of lore originally started (that would be 4.0), not when it drastically spiraled down into wannabedreamworks hype and idiocy (5.0), not when the gameplay quality itself was compromised (6.0). You only realized that Blizzard Just Keep Failing... now.

Pardon me while I indulge myself by enacting an inner Doomsayer, and shove a huge "I TOLD YOU SO" wooden post in your faces.
    I just cannot resist the temptation.

This kinda wrecks all those leaks out there.

Good.

They said it wouldn't be Garrosh 2.0... wtf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AmbushIntheDark View Post
    Thank god for classic because retail is dead to me now with that fucking terrible writing.
    Classic storyline. A dragon disguised herself as an adviser and the king got stolen by terrorists. The end. That's it, that's the whole story. At least for Alliance.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Unifying the factions never made sense and still doesn't. Don't like horde v. alliance, don't play warcraft, it's a core part of it whether you like it or not.
    First, nothing about the name "Warcraft" implies it has to always be about Alliance vs Horde

Second, Blizzard is horrible about telling an engaging story about the faction war. Between them wanting to maintain the status quo and not wanting either faction to feel like they are the bad guys the story ends up going nowhere.

Just make Anduid the warchief or whatever. At this point I just don't care anymore. #morallygrey

So glad I unsubbed after legion...wtf was that

Quote Originally Posted by gzeus13 View Post
    They said it wouldn't be Garrosh 2.0... wtf.
    Well it wasn't, because we didn't get to fight her!

Fhiiinally... So tired of this faction bullshit, BfA was so freaking STUPID right after the legion. And Sylvanas has finally showed her real face, she spits on the the horde, she spits on the forsaken, she spits on all the living unliving thigs, all she care about is her ambitions. All the annoying fools who were blind to this all this time, your tears are soooo sweet now.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Classic storyline. A dragon disguised herself as an adviser and the king got stolen by terrorists. The end. That's it, that's the whole story. At least for Alliance.
    The storyline in Classic is the time I joined a make-shift band of Alliance players to push back an invading Horde raid, and we won. Classic was designed for players to create their own stories within the world.

felt like a rush job to wrap up a story that no one real direction and just needed a quick ending..... weakest lore yet. and please don't end the factions and allow cross-play/groups. If that happens i'll guess i'll just stay a guideless LFR heroe for the sack of playing WoW since day 1.

f they really do "unify" both factions.... I don't know. Unless they do it right it will kill immersion for me. I love the forsaken and would never want to see a human in my city or group.
    I never cared about the story that much , especially in BFA.. It felt like a clusterfuck most of the time I had no idea what was going on other then saving azeroth

I was hoping Forsaken and evil... would be their own faction... but no... that is too good of an idea. god I hope i'm not forced to play with soy boy anduin next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Nagrash View Post
    Whatever you say pal.

Be sure to keep feeding that horse.
    It's all right, buddy. I know it's hard to admit you were wrong the entire time. It's important to save face with random people on the Internet who couldn't give a single solitary fuck who you are and won't remember you ten seconds after hitting Post Quick Reply. Millenials admitting they were wrong? Unpossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    People thought we would get Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0. Instead, we got Angrathar 2.0.

Alliance and Horde armies besiege Angrathar the Wrath Gate ; Alliance and Horde armies besiege the Gates of Orgimmar.
    Bolvar challenges the Lich King ; Varok Saurfang challenges Sylvanas.
    The gates open and Arthas walks out ; The gates open and Sylvanas walks out.
    Words are exchanged, Draenosh Saurfang attacks and is killed ; Words are exchanged, Varok Saurfang attacks and is killed.
    The Forsaken betray the Horde and Alliance ; Sylvanas betrays the Horde.
    The aftermath is just a little more positive...

Come to think of it, it's not the first time they give a nudge to Wrath of the Lich King this espansion.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

my question is about the eye I have stuck on my forehead.
    The quest is there to remove it but I don't. Is there something new for the people with the eye?
    If there is nothing, I will keep it on in case. Maybe all through the next expansion.

No epic 7D Chess Stormwind raid, bummer.

Remember when Blizz used to write stories which were not taken out of bad anime? Remember when main villains were not carbon copies of the bad guys from Bleach or Naruto? Remember when plot made at least a little bit of sense?

I mean seriously, both of these clips LOOK amazing, but nothing else. They are cringy, overly cheesy (Blizz has always been a bit cheesy) and encroaching on edgy. Seriously, what the hell was that fight between Sylvanas and Saurfang? Dragonball? Bleach? "Too fast to see"? And why the hell did she lose her shit after getting cut? She took worse wounds, she was made to be this cold and calculating bitch and now she loses her shit over a cut? I mean, seriously Blizz... Have some cohesion in your writing...

And then? She runs away? WHY?! She has a full Forsaken garrison, gates as t h i c c as Stiffler's mom and walls as big as Johnny Sinns' dick. On the other hand her enemies have only 'enough men for one last assault' and no siege engines, because... Why? Why would you need siege towers, battering rams or siege weapons to breach this freakin' wall! This is a fucking shameless cliche, not to mention retarded tactic and incohesive writing - they need to have at least twice as many men as Sylvanas to stand a chance at succeeding, if that's so they have a huge advantage anyway; otherwise, they need to go guerrilla - this is IDIOTIC.

Also why do the Forsaken willingly give up the city? They were being made to be a) ruthless killers just like their Lady b) mindless zombies controlled by their Queen. Now they've become c) a bunch of cowards and traitors bowing to everybody who lays claim to their lands. Way manhandle them... Rekt worse than Nelves.

Also, what's with all the GoT references? Did the writes not get the memo saying that the last season of GoT sucked balls?

I guess this is what you get for employing too many weeaboos (said by a guy with anime avatar!) and EJ staff - superficial game with superficial story. Looks and no essence.