https://www.focus-economics.com/countries/china it is very clear that their economy is slowing down, usually when markets tend to slow down that is a sign of an incoming bearish market.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007p View Post
    https://www.focus-economics.com/countries/china it is very clear that their economy is slowing down, usually when markets tend to slow down that is a sign of an incoming bearish market.
    Yeah, that's hardly crippled...

Meanwhile, the United States is pushing billions and billions in welfare to try and cover it. According to your own site, they will grow at 6.2%, with 6.0% next year. Meanwhile, it calls for the United States to be at 2.3% and 1.6% respectively.

If China's economy is being "crippled," then you'd have to argue that Trump is absolutely destroying the Unites States' economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

Be careful what you wish for, Trump is dare I say the last US president that clearly has a strong stance on China, a country that is clearly in a conquering mood as of late. Unless you of course find life under the CPP ideal, I wouldn't be all the excited; China already has a major role in influencing western media due to greed and $$$, eventually it won't just be our media that is influenced. I digress, as a fellow Northern neighbor of America I can tell you first hand the damage China can cause to a country, just take a look at British Columbia and its foreign investment issue.
    i'm literally laughing on the floor right now........

- - - Updated - - -

Every time he even brings up the trade tariffs the market drops quite substantially, its clear that if the tariff were to be properly enacted the Chinese economy would enter a free fall, its already being held up by threads pretty much.
    tariffs cost the consumer. Not the supplier.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.

So, you know how Trey Gowdy was going to join Trumps legal team to fight impeachment? And then it got pushed back to January due to lobbying bans?

Apparently it's not happening at all now. So I guess Gowdy got himself fired from Fox for nothing.

Here is a non-paywalled summary.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    So I guess Gowdy got himself fired from Fox for nothing.
    So remember when Trump said

First, I'm going to reinstitute a five-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government for five years after they leave government. I'm going to ask Congress to pass this ban into law so that it cannot be lifted by executive order, right. Second, I'm going to ask Congress to institute its own five-year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staffs.
    and then nothing happened and Congress said "we basically already do that" and then he gave up?

Yeah...Gowdy's a former Congressman, and Trump's asking him to lobby. Sorry. I don't make the rules. But I do laugh hysterically when the rules apply to someone who tried to take credit for making the rules in the first place.

No-one is above the law.

Fiona Hill is currently testifying on the last day before Congress returns from recess. Her lawyer confirmed she was subpoenaed to appear at 10AM and she showed up to tell her story.

Fiona Hill, President Trump’s former top Russia and Europe adviser, headed to Capitol Hill on Monday morning where she is prepared to testify that she and other officials objected strenuously to the removal of the ambassador to Ukraine, only to be disregarded.

Ms. Hill, who stepped down from the White House’s National Security Council staff over the summer, viewed the recall of Ambassador Marie L. Yovanovitch from Kiev as an egregious abuse of the system by allies of Mr. Trump who were seeking to remove a perceived obstacle, according to a person familiar with Ms. Hill’s account.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/u...iona-hill.html
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Fiona Hill is currently testifying on the last day before Congress returns from recess. Her lawyer confirmed she was subpoenaed to appear at 10AM and she showed up to tell her story.
    For those of you who want to bypass the paywall. Granted, @Vegas82 quoted the important part:

"she is prepared to testify that she and other officials objected strenuously to the removal of the ambassador to Ukraine, only to be disregarded"

Those Republicans still backing Trump are starting to regret saying "we need to see the facts first".

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    For those of you who want to bypass the paywall. Granted, @Vegas82 quoted the important part:

"she is prepared to testify that she and other officials objected strenuously to the removal of the ambassador to Ukraine, only to be disregarded"

Those Republicans still backing Trump are starting to regret saying "we need to see the facts first".
    Did you see that Matt Gaetz tried to force his way into a closed meeting of a committee he isn’t part of? These people are desperate.

Did you see that Matt Gaetz tried to force his way into a closed meeting of a committee he isn’t part of?
    Yes, he wants to play the "the Democrats aren't interested in THE TRUTH!" card. These people are desperate.

No-one is above the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, he wants to play the "the Democrats aren't interested in THE TRUTH!" card. These people are desperate.
    Yeah, they're basically trying to get as much of this testimony as they can to future witnesses so they know what story to tell. It's pathetic, desperate, and won't be judged kindly by history.

Did you see that Matt Gaetz tried to force his way into a closed meeting of a committee he isn’t part of? These people are desperate.
    I would have liked to see the Capitol Police taze him for attempted trespassing, but oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I would have liked to see the Capitol Police taze him for attempted trespassing, but oh well...
    He did cry to the House Parliamentarian who told him he had no right to be in the closed door session.

He did cry to the House Parliamentarian who told him he had no right to be in the closed door session.
    The GOP has done nothing but cry and whine for the pas decade, so excuse me to find another one whining his little heart out to be just another Monday.

Now, 50 000 volts going through an idiot, now that'd be fun.

Yeah, they're basically trying to get as much of this testimony as they can to future witnesses so they know what story to tell. It's pathetic, desperate, and won't be judged kindly by history.
    Probably specifically trying to get it to the star witness sitting in the oval office. Gaetz has been scrubbing Trump's balls for quite some time, and he's "happy to do it."

That was adorable. I do appreciate that even Faux News is running the story as "he wasn't allowed in, so the Dems said go away".
    No one is above the law!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That was adorable. I do appreciate that even Faux News is running the story as "he wasn't allowed in, so the Dems said go away".
    Fox and Trump are gearing up for a pretty nasty confrontation in the next few weeks/months as the wheels continue to come off the Trump administration. His actions in Syria are finally opening up right wing criticism.

One of Giuliani's friends is ratting him out to the impeachment inquiry.

The committee had scheduled a deposition with Semyon Kislin, the Giuliani associate, for Monday, sending a letter earlier this month demanding a wide range of information related to President Donald Trump's personal attorney's efforts to push for an investigation into the Bidens and what he may know about the freezing of US aid for Ukraine. There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Biden in Ukraine.

Kislin's attorney Jeffrey Dannenberg told CNN his client was "being cooperative" with the House panel but had no knowledge to advance the inquiry.

Kislin was one of three Giuliani associates that received requests for documents and testimony from House Democrats. The other two, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, were indicted last week on charges of funneling foreign money into US elections, and were served with subpoenas last week by the House Intelligence Committee to turn over documents. But it had been unclear why Kislin had not been issued a subpoena.
    I hate to second-guess CNN or any other actual, professional news source, but...is the reason "because he's cooperating willingly"?

No-one is above the law.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/n...ssadors-firing

President Donald Trump’s former top adviser on Russia, who testified before three congressional committees Monday, objected “strenuously” to the firing of former ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, The New York Times reported.

Citing a person familiar with Hill’s planned testimony Monday, the Times reported that Hill saw Yovanovitch’s firing as an abuse of the system. The person said Hill would testify that she and others “objected strenuously” to Yovanovitch’s removal. Until recently, Hill served as the Russia expert on Trump’s National Security Council.
    Trumps own expert on Russia warned him that this was a bad idea.

This is why we shouldn't elected people who listen to themselves first because they, "have a very big brain and have said a lot of things."

It has been decided to convert this topic into a mega-thread. Please carry on with your discussions and remember to post related information here.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...esident-trump/

Support for impeachment, not just an inquiry, is now starting to hit "majority" numbers, with 538 averaging out polls and showing a 50.2:43.9 split between support/opposition.

Unsurprisingly, Democrats are strongly behind it at almost 85%, though independents went up similarly and gained around 10 points to reach 45.6%. Republicans saw a spike as well, but support remains extremely low at 13.1%.

If things keep going this way, and it sure seems like they will, this is bad news for team Trump.