Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I may buy one of those, and post a photo of it each time any trumpette post anything about Obama/Hillary

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of that... You really need 2 virginias, or 2 carolinas?
    We needed 2 Virginias in 1863 for slavery reasons.

Speaking of that... You really need 2 virginias, or 2 carolinas?
    No one in Virginia wants West Virginia back.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    No one in Virginia wants West Virginia back.
    Understood.
    Btw, here we're having a yuge protest, so, in a worst case scenario, you'll start to see news about a civil conflict here in Chile (it's a worst of the worst case scenario and 99,99999% probability of not happening, but still).
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I don't get why people keep bringing her up as some kind of defense for Trump. Trump does something illegal, "BUH BUH WHAT ABOUT CLINTON!"
    You are the one who brought her up as some kind of indictment on Trump; and that works opposite to your obvious intent if you look more closely at what actually happened.

Understood.
    Btw, here we're having a yuge protest, so, in a worst case scenario, you'll start to see news about a civil conflict here in Chile (it's a worst of the worst case scenario and 99,99999% probability of not happening, but still).
    Just saw the news on Twitter. By that I mean what looks to be a stairwell on fire. Stay safe.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You didn't correct anything lmfao. You linked something that contradicted your own claim.....
    It didn't contradict it. It flatly said Trump was right in first sentence you quoted.

It simply compressed details on why exactly Trump was right, so i expanded on that when you questioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Just saw the news on Twitter. By that I mean what looks to be a stairwell on fire. Stay safe.
    19 subway stations were burned, and the government called out the military (so you know, like after the coup of 1973). No worries about me, luckily, i'm about 700 miles away from that shitshow ATM.

Oh, and a cop just shot a student. In the head. At least the kiddo is still alive.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2019-10-19 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    oh look shalacker, making shit up again, what a surprise
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...eted-33000-em/
    Did you read it?

Even politifact says "Half-True", not false.

Clinton and her campaign don’t dispute that she deleted these 33,000 emails. They argue that these were personal in nature, rather than work-related, and therefore were not necessary to turn over.

However, they have denied that they deleted the emails after receiving a congressional subpoena from the House Select Committee on Benghazi on March 4, 2015. But an August 2016 FBI report on its investigation shows that Trump’s claim has some merit.

Trump’s timeline is correct. The congressional subpoena came on March 4, 2015, and an employee deleted the emails sometime after March 25, 2015, three weeks later.

They only argue "You cannot prove it was her doing!"

...right, her lawyers talked with technician for weeks after subpoena - even on a day of deletion itself, but you cannot prove it had any impact on his decision to delete subpoenaed emails and backups /s
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2019-10-19 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I really don't understand why people keep defending her.

She lost, bury her political corpse and forget her.
    I don't get why people like you keep bringing her up, She lost get over it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I don't get why people like you keep bringing her up, She lost get over it.
    Dude, put that turnip earner on ignore. No reason to ever engage with him.
    Last edited by Thwart; 2019-10-19 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've been trying to work out if it's political cowardice on the Democrats' part, or if they literally can't enforce Congressional subpoenas because that's literally how pathetic the US government's oversight powers are.
    Or option three, they already have what they need from other sources and are just using these defiances to show how unjust people in this administration are.

Not any better than what your reasons are to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Again, this whole new scandal started when Trump tried to pressure the Ukraine to back up his conspiracy theory about how Russia wasn't responsible for the DNC hack in 2016. Project more lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been trying to work out if it's political cowardice on the Democrats' part, or if they literally can't enforce Congressional subpoenas because that's literally how pathetic the US government's oversight powers are.
    My guess has been they're concerned about public opinion / sympathy swinging to Republicans over the optics of seeing them in cuffs / jail. So, option a) cowardice, based on a helping of b) pathetically weak, since we've mostly just been naively relying on people's sense of...duty, obligation, shame, adherence to norms, right and wrong? to honor lawfully-issued subpoenas, and the DoJ has been thoroughly captured.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Dude, put that turnip earner on ignore. No reason to ever engage with him.
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.
    Last edited by Thwart; 2019-10-19 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

Please do not derail the thread with Clinton's inquiry and scandal. You may use another politician as an example, but keep in mind that this thread is about Trump's own inquiry and not someone else's.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Democrats should do the country a favor and stop wasting our time. Impeachment will not work, it will never. You will cause more violence and riots if this happens. I want to be safe, don't start a coup against Trump just because you have emotional problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    Democrats should do the country a favor and stop wasting our time. Impeachment will not work, it will never. You will cause more violence and riots if this happens. I want to be safe, don't start a coup against Trump just because you have emotional problems.
    Wherein you admit that Republican voters are violent and irrational and will attack people based on political disagreement, and thus Democrats should not enforce the law to appease these domestic terrorists.

That's not a convincing argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic-RaidLead View Post
    its not a coup, its a legal process allowed by the constitution. TO claim it is a coup is to say you don't believe in the constitution or the rule of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Wherein you admit that Republican voters are violent and irrational and will attack people based on political disagreement, and thus Democrats should not enforce the law to appease these domestic terrorists.

That's not a convincing argument.
    Republicans believe the democrats are total criminals across the board because they support and endorse illegal immigration across the border which makes the entire democrat party a domestic threat to the nation and a group that does not believe in the rule of law. Then you have people like Maxine Waters who make a call for action to confront republicans on the street which is a clear inciting of violence in the view of republicans and nothing happens to her. Furthermore, if the leadership in DC fails to correct the problem and then the House impeaches Trump, you WILL get civil unrest and this goes WAY beyond being irrational and disagreeing with the democrats. For republicans, impeachment is a clear act of war on the people on the nation.

Its gonna happen. There will be civil unrest if Trump is impeached. The nation will permanently change. Forever. If you don't understand why that is coming, you need to back off a laser focus on the Trump impeachment and look at everything else going on.

And it doesn't have to be a "convincing argument". The Trump base isn't going to respond to these events by sitting down at a conference and talking it out. You are gonna see a large rise in militias and marches and protests. Fighting will break out. The nation ends with Trump's impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Republicans believe the democrats are total criminals across the board because they support and endorse illegal immigration across the border .
    No one supports illegal inmigration. They support not attacking and incarcerating people for the "crime" of being in the US irregularly. Also they support making people who come there that way, get their visa/papers, so they no longer are in the US irregularly.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-10-22 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Republicans believe the democrats are total criminals across the board because they support and endorse illegal immigration across the border which makes the entire democrat party a domestic threat to the nation and a group that does not believe in the rule of law. Then you have people like Maxine Waters who make a call for action to confront republicans on the street which is a clear inciting of violence in the view of republicans and nothing happens to her. Furthermore, if the leadership in DC fails to correct the problem and then the House impeaches Trump, you WILL get civil unrest and this goes WAY beyond being irrational and disagreeing with the democrats. For republicans, impeachment is a clear act of war on the people on the nation.

Its gonna happen. There will be civil unrest if Trump is impeached. The nation will permanently change. Forever. If you don't understand why that is coming, you need to back off a laser focus on the Trump impeachment and look at everything else going on.

And it doesn't have to be a "convincing argument". The Trump base isn't going to respond to these events by sitting down at a conference and talking it out. You are gonna see a large rise in militias and marches and protests. Fighting will break out. The nation ends with Trump's impeachment.
    I am so fucking sick to death of delusional, victim-whoring right wingers and their threats of violence if they don't get their lawless way. Impeachment is a constitutional process that is more than warranted here and well past due. If they want to try to start a militia led uprising, then let them fucking do it already and stop bitching about it.