Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Some of them have been claiming any testimony prior to the vote is somehow invalid.
    That'll only last so long till those same witnesses testify again in open testimony which I assume will be pretty much the same information. Then the goalposts will move again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Not a good look, Comrade Scalise.
    I can't help but think if that were actually a Soviet-style impeachment they'd have better graphic designers for these posters, god damn. Did he make that shit in MS Paint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    That'll only last so long till those same witnesses testify again in open testimony which I assume will be pretty much the same information. Then the goalposts will move again.
    They'll just have to rely on the age old tactic of lying I guess

The end result for this so-called impeachment inquiry will be the same as the Mueller report: another complete and total failure by the Democrats. Complete act of theatre. Trump will never be removed by the Senate, but at least the Democrats can fantasize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julez View Post
    The end result for this so-called impeachment inquiry will be the same as the Mueller report: another complete and total failure by the Democrats. Complete act of theatre. Trump will never be removed by the Senate, but at least the Democrats can fantasize.
    You're a little behind if you think anyone actually believes the Senate is likely to convict.

The point is as much getting the Republicans on record as saying blatantly illegal behavior is acceptable.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of late I HAVE NOT been a fan of Pelosi, mostly because I have been against her dragging the congress feat when it comes to impeachment but if Trump does eventually get impeached, she will have proven she was right all along on timing.

No republicans will do anything or say anything helpful until the 11th hour.

If Republicans are ever to remove Trump in the Senate, it will be precisely the number required, all of them in safe seats in a vote orchestrated by mitch McConnell, and they'll say nary a word before it and nary a word after. They'll do the most direct act of ripping the bandaid off.

I say this not with any great gift for foresight, but because I understand how Mitch McConnell works and how he controls his caucus. Trump will be gone when he sees his Senate Majority in jeopardy. He'll make a handful of phone calls and office visits, and it'll be over in a day. No great saga.

The path through removing Trump lies through the Senate 2020 election map. So hopefully donors keep rolling in in Iowa, Main, Arizona and North Carolina

I do want to say though, this would be a lot easier of Democrats didnt blow it in Florida and Indiana in 2018. McConnell, and thus Trump, is far more secure because of 2 Senate losses.
    I will be honest, I wasn't sure how Republicans would vote who weren't in line with Trump but based on your reasoning and everything you laid out that makes sense. Been a Democrat all my life but one thing I will admit is that Republicans are a lot more Party loyal than Democrats.

Which is can be a good and bad thing.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2019-10-31 at 04:10 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You're a little behind if you think anyone actually believes the Senate is likely to convict.

The point is as much getting the Republicans on record as saying blatantly illegal behavior is acceptable.
    The people that voted for Trump laugh at everything the desperate Democrats do. The people that support Trump will overwhelmingly vote for him again. The results of the so-called impeachment inquiry will have no impact whatsoever. Trump will have another first in 2020, he will be the first President to ever be elected after being impeached.

Who said anything about us go for Senate removal? That's not the game being played here.

Also the Mueller report wasn't a failure at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that voted for Trump laugh at everything the desperate Democrats do.
    Yes, and? Said people also think that the President can just reprogram federal funds for whatever purpose without consulting Congress. Their opinions are hot air and nothing more.

The people that support Trump will overwhelmingly vote for him again. The results of the so-called impeachment inquiry will have no impact whatsoever. Trump will have another first in 2020, he will be the first President to ever be elected after being impeached.
    Here's the thing, though - Trump's supporters aren't enough.

You need enough rubes in the moderate lane to go along with him, and he's consistently alienated that demographic through his batshit economic policies and terrible conduct.

The people that voted for Trump laugh at everything the desperate Democrats do. The people that support Trump will overwhelmingly vote for him again. The results of the so-called impeachment inquiry will have no impact whatsoever. Trump will have another first in 2020, he will be the first President to ever be elected after being impeached.
    I part time at an Anti-Trump PAC.

We've been active in Wisconsin souring Trump for the past 18 months (not me specifically to be clear, I do programming stuff for a much larger PAC) running an information warfare campaign to alienate people against Trump.

We (and others) been turning suburban women and working class White against Trump. Without them, Trump doesn't get a second term.

You saw early results there in the 2018 midterms.

And we're not nearly finished.

We are poisoning the earth where Trump must plant a seed. And it happened in 2018.

We're Taking Your President Away From You.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You need enough rubes in the moderate lane to go along with him, and he's consistently alienated that demographic through his batshit economic policies and terrible conduct.
    I disagree with your assessment. I think Trump will win even more moderates and independents than he did in 2016. There is not a single solitary Democrat that is currently seeking the nomination that stands even a .05% chance against Trump. Not one.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

We've been active in Wisconsin souring Trump for the past 18 months (not me specifically to be clear, I do programming stuff for a much larger PAC) running an information warfare campaign to alienate people against Trump.

We (and others) been turning suburban women and working class White against Trump. Without them, Trump doesn't get a second term.

You saw early results there in the 2018 midterms.

And we're not nearly finished.

We are poisoning the earth where Trump must plant a seed. And it happened in 2018.

I appreciate what you do, sometimes, to shut down people spouting nonsense; but I really don't think you need to justify yourself to someone who doesn't seem to actually have any of their own opinions.

A simple 'lol get fucked' would really do the same job with half the effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with your assessment. I think Trump will win even more moderates and independents than he did in 2016. There is not a single solitary Democrat that is currently seeking the nomination that stands even a .05% chance against Trump. Not one.
    Oh, so he might lose the popular vote by slightly *less* than three million votes, this time? Hilarious.

Again, few people have illusions that this proceeding will remove him from office. What it will do is ensure that everything his administration has tried to cover up will be circulated on the airwaves for the entire electoral season.

Well at lest you are engaged and doing what you believe in, which is much more than the majority of keyboard pundits. Good luck to you, we will see where the chips fall in 2020.

Oh you think the strategy is to get people to vote FOR a Democrat?

Oh dear.

No. That's not correct at all.

Trump is running against himself. Let me tell you something about our campaign. It's candidate agnostic. It's about getting people sick to Death of Donald Trump to the point they'd vote for a trash can of stinking garbage before him.

And who is our most reliable accomplice in this character assassination?

Donald J Trump himself.

Want some electoral math? I'll give it to you. If Democrats win all the House districts they won in 2018 again in 2020, and you combine districts into their state groupings and translate that into electoral votes (which is how its done), Trump will be soundly defeated. And Democrats are expected to grow their majority in 2020.

Trump winning will require people to vote for a Democratic Representative, but Trump for President (a split ballot).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I appreciate what you do, sometimes, to shut down people spouting nonsense; but I really don't think you need to justify yourself to someone who doesn't seem to actually have any of their own opinions.

Oh I'm not justifying. I'm celebrating. Remember, Trump his symptomatic. His supporters are the problem. They are the cause.

This forum has of late, tried pull people back from confrontation. I wholeheartedly disagree. The way we KNOW you stop Trump supporters dead in their tracks is you confront them. You get right up in their face. You call them out. You make THEM accountable for what he did. And what I just did in my post is crucially important: you tell them directly what you're doing to work against them and what you're going to do. Shame doesn't work against the shameless, but it still does work against many people. And many people want no responsibility for Trump.

That's why I chose the phrase "We're Taking Your President Away From You" a long time ago. It encapsulates everything in the messaging war.

We're <- "The Resistance"
    Taking <- The Action
    Your President <- Forces the Trumphadi to have ownership and Responsibility for all things
    Away From <- Two words that imply loss. Theft. Robbery. Implies something negative.
    You <- Target descriptor. We are targeting the common Trumphadi.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Maybe some people still enjoy a civil discourse? Maybe not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe some people still enjoy a civil discourse?
    "Some people" clearly aren't Trump supporters, no such courtesy needs to be extended to them.

Be Best, by the way.

Well at lest you are engaged and doing what you believe in, which is much more than the majority of keyboard pundits. Good luck to you, we will see where the chips fall in 2020.
    /looks at post count/posting history

" fell into a burnin' ring of fire
    I went down, down, down
    And the flames went higher"

Welcome to the ignore list

Oh you think this ends in 2020, one way or another?

Oh dear.

Umm...

Whether Trump wins or loses in 2020 is actually besides the point. I want him gone. I hope he is gone through an electoral defeat. But that's not the target. The target is the people who enabled him. Who allowed it to happen. And what they believe.

This will go on a very, very long time past 2020 and 2024. This is the way things are now. Trumphadis treating "Daddy Trump" as a troll against their fellow Americans and not taking him seriously unleashed a very dark new chapter of our history where elections are in fact, now NOT the end of it and political settlements don't exist anymore.

This is why I keep telling Trumphadis they better hope they never stop winning. Because the moment they don't, God help them, because nobody else will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah, and Roy Moore was going to win easily, and 2018 was going to be a major Republican landslide victory because everyone loves Trump and- Oh right.

Not one of you Trump Supporters have been right about any of your predictions. Time to cut your losses and stay quiet for a little bit.