Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    From a WaPo article about the testimony; weird, I thought the President set Foreign Policy but I guess that is another domain held actually by Deep State apparatchiks.
    The president does not have the power to set Foreign Policy. The president has the power to negotiate treaties, but those must be ratified by Congress.

Foreign Policy in terms of financial aid(which is what this is about) is a power that belongs to Congress. This is what Trump was subverting. If Congress is the Deep State then I don't know what to tell you.

From a WaPo article about the testimony; weird, I thought the President set Foreign Policy but I guess that is another domain held actually by Deep State apparatchiks.
    Congress is supposed to control the purse strings.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The president does not have the power to set Foreign Policy. The president has the power to negotiate treaties, but those must be ratified by Congress.

Foreign Policy in terms of financial aid(which is what this is about) is a power that belongs to Congress. This is what Trump was subverting. If Congress is the Deep State then I don't know what to tell you.
    Foreign Policy is not set by the president then? News to me given how important their foreign policy credentials seems to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Foreign Policy is not set by the president then? News to me given how important their foreign policy credentials seems to be.
    No. Like literally everything else in the presidential campaign, the powers are divided between congress and the president.

I wonder if trump supporters will still believe a president can act like a king when a dem takes the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I wonder if trump supporters will still believe a president can act like a king when a dem takes the office.
    We saw that with Obama and the answer already is "no, they won't."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    We saw that with Obama and the answer already is "no, they won't."
    Remember how up in arms they were about Obama using executive orders, despite issuing fewer executive orders than George W. Bush or Ronald Reagan?

Or how they've been completely silent on Trump issuing more than 10 executive orders more per year than Obama did?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Remember how up in arms they were about Obama using executive orders, despite issuing fewer executive orders than George W. Bush or Ronald Reagan?

Or how they've been completely silent on Trump issuing more than 10 executive orders more per year than Obama did?
    They may be hypocritical, but they are dependable in their hypocrisy.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    They may be hypocritical, but they are dependable in their hypocrisy.
    "A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid."

~ The republican mantra under Trump.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid."

~ The republican mantra under Trump.
    I'm reminded of a quote by George Carlin that seems like it would apply better to the current administration than the one he originally made it about:

Bob Dole tried to tell everyone, "I'm a plain and honest guy." Bullshit! Bill Clinton told everyone, "I'm completely full of shit, and how do you like that?" And people said, "Well, at least he's honest..."

10+ Year Old Account

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a circus. There's no fucking point, because everything the whistleblower brought up as secondhand knowledge has been confirmed multiple ways by witnesses with firsthand knowledge of the events in question.

The questions they're gonna ask can't possibly dispute the firsthand testimony, and can't really produce more evidence. So they're more likely to be bullshit questions like "How dare you threaten the President's grip on power?" or some similar bullshit, questions his attorneys should A> publish publicly and B> not just refuse to respond to, but openly mock for even being asked.

This is tantamount to witness intimidation. Not against this current whistleblower, but against all future persons who witness criminal activity and might be fearful for their safety if they come forward.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How depressing that realisation must be.
    I don't think they are there yet. I understand she is on the short list to replace Mulvaney....

10+ Year Old Account
    Please join me in uproarious laughter....

Trump is his own worst enemy.

This is the "even if it did happen, it doesn't mean it was a bad thing!" stage.
    You can't even joke about this anymore. The guy is out of his fucking mind, and any person with thought realizes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You can't even joke about this anymore. The guy is out of his fucking mind, and any person with thought realizes it.
    I'm sure even the most diehard Trumpkins (at leas the ones that stalk these forums) do; they just see it as another way of "owning the libs."
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the GOP will welcome this with open arms. I mean, they damn near insisted Trump do this. So obviously, they have to not just allow, but encourage this, too.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the "even if it did happen, it doesn't mean it was a bad thing!" stage.
    Also, he's still pushing "the thing I chose to release is the evidence, despite the whistleblower specifically saying I hid the evidence". I mean, in which other situation would this work?

"Mr. Breccia, we'd like to see your tax records."
    "These forms I'm giving you are my tax records."
    "Mr. Breccia, these forms claim you earned $12.75 last year and spent $400,000 on medicine and green energy conversion. Normally we'd require things like W2 forms and receipts for this."
    "And yet, you will accept these without reservation."

Wasting all this money just to impeach a guy when all that needs to be done is he openly says he supports the HK protests and he's outta office. :P

Instead of wasting the dems/republican'ss money, it's getting taken out of taxpayer wallets. T.T
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Wasting all this money just to impeach a guy when all that needs to be done is he openly says he supports the HK protests and he's outta office. :P

Instead of wasting the dems/republican'ss money, it's getting taken out of taxpayer wallets. T.T
    If Trump is successfully removed, be that via impeachment or being voted out of office, I will have personally considered it worth every cent of the taxpayer's money.

Trump not being the president is the single greatest factor for America's long term well-being.

In essence:

Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

If Trump is successfully removed, be that via impeachment or being voted out of office, I will have personally considered it worth every cent of the taxpayer's money.

Trump not being the president is the single greatest factor for America's long term well-being.

In essence:

Amen. I can understand that. Let's all hope that it does happen, which is looking more and more like it will happen. Half of my family/relatives like him..the other half want him out!
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.