10+ Year Old Account
    Waiting for Trump to bust in Frank Underwood style and resign.

Ratcliffe* just got laughed at

whoops, 40th edit to get the name right haha
    Last edited by noidentity; 2019-11-13 at 06:58 PM.

LOL

Ratcliffe: "Request to set time to 1 minute"

Schiff: "No, but you may resume at 22 seconds".

Crowd laughs. Ratcliffe looks at it irate.

Get fucked you grandstanding jackoff.

This is a complete disaster for Republicans. Holy fuck.

Jim Himes Thanos snapped and deleted that false equivalence between Bidens actions in Ukraine and Trumps. LMAO at Republicans trying to say with a straight face that Trump was trying to fight corruption in Ukraine limited exclusively to his direct political rival.

Does Representative Turner have a point.....?

Ambassador Taylor is amazed at the stream of words he is hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the Republican strategy? Just yell over Taylor and run with gish gallop?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

And now a cameo from Gym Jordan, best known for covering up a fellow coach fiddling with student's kibble and bits in a gym shower.

Mister Diddler-cover-upper also just said words with no point.

10+ Year Old Account
    White House Spokescylon Stephanie Grisham says that, right now, Trump is: "He's in the Oval in meetings. Not watching. He's working."

'Working' seems to entail retweeting videos of GOP lawmakers in the hearings, however.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone really should get Jim Jordan a fucking suit jacket.
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Someone really should get Jim Jordan a fucking suit jacket.
    THANK YOU. It's like all those lamestream media outlets that were calling Richard Spencer "dapper" when the fucker didn't even bother ironing or dry cleaning his cheap, Wal-Mart brand blazers.

Seriously, Jordan, if you're gonna take dark money at least spend some of it on a stylist.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Someone needs to turn off their phone. >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Does Representative Turner have a point.....?

Ambassador Taylor is amazed at the stream of words he is hearing.
    Just a desperate attempt to discredit the testimony because humans "could be wrong".

Wtf does Obama’s administration have to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Wtf does Obama’s administration have to do with this?
    They're trying to argue that Trump is in the clear because Ukraine got lethal aid under Trump and not Obama who blocked it (something I, and many, many, many others thought was bullshit at the time).

Basically "Who cares how we got there, Ukraine got what it needed, and it's a lot better than what they got than under Obama".

The funny part is Taylor obliterated that point already.

They keep arguing that it couldn’t have been the way Democrats say it is because they got the aid without a public statement. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the aid get released once the news reported on the hold?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    They keep arguing that it couldn’t have been the way Democrats say it is because they got the aid without a public statement. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the aid get released once the news reported on the hold?
    Yeah this basically was my thought as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Yeah I'd like this commented on as well. Did the aid get released after they found out a shitstorm was brewing? Seems very relevant.
    You're in luck, because House Democrats have already formulated a nifty memo rebutting the common Republican talking points.

Here are the facts:

- "The President did not lift the hold on security assistance until September 11 - after Congress announced an investigation and after the whistleblower's complaint reached the White House."

- The funds would have expired due to the length of the hold if Congress hadn't passed another law ensuring they remained valid.

- And again, "an attempt to coerce a foreign leader to procure dirt on a domestic political opponent is no less offensive because it is discovered and...."

Here's the kicker in the language...

"Thwarted."

Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Yeah I'd like this commented on as well. Did the aid get released after they found out a shitstorm was brewing? Seems very relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The House said it was going to begin if Trump was withholding aid to Ukraine for domestic personal political reasons on September 9th.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e1c_story.html

Aid was released on September 11th, after the scandal went public.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VX213

The Whistleblower complaint went public on September 24th.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...senate-1509552

Basically they realized they had just been caught and the scandal was about to explode and frantically tried to release it to lessen the impact.

That rep, Mr. Stewart (I think) wasted pretty much all his time spouting foolishness and then wanted to yield the reminder of his time to Gym Jordan - only to be told he has 18 seconds left. LOL.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    That rep, Mr. Stewart (I think) wasted pretty much all his time spouting foolishness and then wanted to yield the reminder of his time to Gym Jordan - only to be told he has 18 seconds left. LOL.
    I feel like we need to send Schiff a gift basket or something for putting up with these clowns, Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The House said it was going to begin if Trump was withholding aid to Ukraine for domestic personal political reasons on September 9th.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...e1c_story.html

Aid was released on September 11th, after the scandal went public.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VX213

The Whistleblower complaint went public on September 24th.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...senate-1509552

Basically they realized they had just been caught and the scandal was about to explode and frantically tried to release it to lessen the impact.
    Thanks that was my understanding as well, I would like that said out loud multiple times during the hearing whenever this idiotic point is brought up.