Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Technically, the DoJ is part of the Executive branch.
    Pedantic, but sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Is seeking the assistance of the nation in which that alleged corruption took place not a reasonable course of action?
    Sure. Please, circle the part where Trump directed his Attorney General to investigate this. Bear in mind, we've already seen that this never happened, so, good luck!

Also, remember the time Trump was open and honest about this, rather than waiting until the impeachment threat to release this information? Feel free to circle that, too.

Also also, "only criminals have something to hide" is just really stupid when you're defending someone who refused to testify about the Russian collusion which he admitted to after filing a false report -- hah hah, Trump Tower meeting -- and also, you can circle his taxes, too.

Plus all the usual stuff, you know, Biden did it so openly he bragged about it as if he was a game show host bragging about adultery; the EU and the IMF also withheld funds; Hunter Biden was never the target and also he was cleared; Trump withholding funds until Ukraine agreed to go after Biden (we have a witness on that); Giuliani's involvement which of course has nothing to do with a formal investigation because he has no government and apparently no campaign role; and that whistleblower who's due to testify.

Biden was so proud of getting rid of a corrupt official with international help, that he bragged about it openly.

Trump was so ashamed of his call with the Ukrainian President, that it took a unanimous Senate vote, a unanimous House vote, and an official impeachment inquiry before he released what he claims is what happened.

If you want to defend Trump, try using actual facts. People on these forums respect people who debate openly and honestly. There's a different response to people who shrill "BUT HER EMAAAAAAAAAILS!"

The shit is hitting the fan.

Transcript released and yes it looks worse.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Should a president not investigate alleged corruption in a previous administration? Is seeking the assistance of the nation in which that alleged corruption took place not a reasonable course of action?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    The investigation itself IS the dirt. Doesn't matter that it won't find anything.
    There is no investigation. Trump has the will and authority to launch one, but he doesn’t have merit. It’s why he is groveling for Ukraine to do something.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    So, there is a word for word transcript of the call, it's been hidden by Trump.

Holy shit, Trump is so fucked. cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Let's say in magical pretend land If Trump ever was impeached and removed from office it will help the Republican party, it will not only fire up republican voters but Pence is a more marketable politician.
    H...H-h....how? How would impeaching Trump suddenly be a boon to them? Where the hell do you get such back asswards logic like this?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Holy shit, Trump is so fucked. cover up.
    Trump is fine, he has the might of the GOP there to protect him. I see no path to him being removed from office due to a minor thing like Impeachment. The House will vote to Impeach, and then the turtle will either decline to bring it to the Senate, which will trigger years of court battles, or he'll fast track a vote without a trial.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh...Lordy, there were tapes.

Quick read, will wait for real experts, but
    1) Giuliani's fucked, and
    2) that transcript's being subpoena'd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Did you read the link?
    Nope. And I really should have. I apologize.

Ukraine officials corroborated that they concluded that in order to get aid, they had to cooperate on getting info on Biden.

Quid Pro Quo
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Trump is fine, he has the might of the GOP there to protect him. I see no path to him being removed from office due to a minor thing like Impeachment. The House will vote to Impeach, and then the turtle will either decline to bring it to the Senate, which will trigger years of court battles, or he'll fast track a vote without a trial.
    It's better if he's impeached and then removed from office by the American people. This is a VERY straightforward and clear cut case of wrongdoing wrapped up neatly in a few easy-to-follow paragraphs--abuse of power, criminal acts, and a cover up.

Non-Trump-cult voters generally don't like that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Ukraine officials corroborated that they concluded that in order to get aid, they had to cooperate on getting info on Biden.

Quid Pro Quo
    Sooo... Trump is being impeached
    Maybe not removed from office, but impeached nonetheless
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Going to be a rough day for Trump. That's not just a whistleblow about a single phone call, that's about months of efforts to get Ukraine to investigate Biden along with cover up.

I wonder if Trump will send the talking points to the Democrats again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Sooo... Trump is being impeached
    Maybe not removed from office, but impeached nonetheless
    Oh btw this is from the whistle-blower who has contacts with these officials.

I'm not sure if they (Ukraine officials) can and will be allowed to testify.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's better if he's impeached and then removed from office by the American people. This is a VERY straightforward and clear cut case of wrongdoing wrapped up neatly in a few easy-to-follow paragraphs--abuse of power, criminal acts, and a cover up.

Non-Trump-cult voters generally don't like that sort of thing.
    Problem is that I expect all political discourse to now be about impeachment. Forget all other issues, they won't be talked about. I can see this effecting swing votes and empowering the Trumpeters. But I hope I'm wrong.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pedantic, but sure.
    I wouldn't say it's pedantic,it's a pretty big mistake.

The issue is that the DoJ is beholden to the United States Constitution and the laws, not the President. Obeying unlawful orders is still against the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Him being impeached, which is a certainty now, isn't what I would consider fine. The GOP in the senate might not remove him, but this is gonna be one of the last votes for many GOP in the house, many will impeach, cause they ain't running again. it's gonna be a bad look for the GOP in the senate for protecting him over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The issue is that the DoJ is beholden to the United States Constitution and the laws, not the President.
    You should tell Barr that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeebus... Trump hides his transcripts with international leaders on a server intended for codeword level intelligence, such as covert action. It looks like Trump wanted the other guy to win in Ukraine and has been posturing to get them to investigate Biden since at least spring. He also pushed a conspiracy theory, demanding Ukraine release Hillary emails, since for some reason he believes its Ukraine that has them.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi