The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    If Senate Republicans made a deal to get rid of trump and not press pence on what he knew I'd be in favor of taking it. Trump is an immediate danger to the nation.
    Agreed. Pence is insane, but his fan base is several orders of magnitude smaller than Trump's rabidly insane fan base. Getting Trump out is a priority, everything else is secondary.

I know McConnell was just on the news yesterday saying that he would be shocked if there were enough votes to remove from office. But I wonder how close he is to the line of demarcation where Trump is no longer valuable to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Is Castor really the best lawyer the GOP could find?

Where'd he get his certificate, a cereal box mail in promotion?
    I mean...Trump hired Rudy Giuliani to be his personal lawyer. It seems the Republican legal bench is emptier than the stands at a game in "Little League for Absentee Parents".

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    When the best lawyers you can find, know that defending Trump, somehow comes and bites you in the ass eventually, then you don't want to work for them or with Trump. So, yes, this is the best they can find.
    There aren't that many good lawyers left that both can and will defend Trump. Most of the moves Trump is making legally are just easy stop-gap measures. Appealing to the next higher court, filing in different jurisdictions, etc. None of the substantive arguments are winning. I'd have to double check, but I don't think Team Trump has won any this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Huh, so Lev Parnas, not an unfamiliar name, was working with Nunes as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Nunes, who was giving the WH info on the Mueller investigation?! That Nunes? Couldn't be!
    So...Nunes who is on the impeachment inquiry panel, is a co-conspirator?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So...Nunes who is on the impeachment inquiry panel, is a co-conspirator?
    I'm not saying that. I'm just sharing information and letting people make their own judgments : P

https://www.thedailybeast.com/lev-pa...investigations

Huh, so Lev Parnas, not an unfamiliar name, was working with Nunes as well.

Curious.
    For a minute there, I thought that said "Lev Parnas, an indicted asshole". Either way would have been correct I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    What are the chances it reaches the Senate before Christmas?
    Sounds like a War on Christmas to me.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-opponents-fbi

Linking to Fox specifically, but I think we're all forgetting about something here.

Trump has already admitted, openly, that he would accept dirt on political opponents from foreign governments without contacting the FBI.

"I think I'd want to hear it... I think you might want to listen, there isn't anything wrong with listening," he said.

"If somebody called from a country, Norway, [and said] ‘we have information on your opponent' -- oh, I think I'd want to hear it.

The president continued in the interview: "Somebody comes up and says, ‘hey, I have information on your opponent,' do you call the FBI?

"I'll tell you what, I've seen a lot of things over my life. I don't think in my whole life I've ever called the FBI. In my whole life. You don't call the FBI. You throw somebody out of your office, you do whatever you do."

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    What do you think?
    I think if you wanna venmo me $100 right now instead of in 13 months, I wouldn't blame you or even make fun of you for doing the honorable thing.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-11-21 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Derailing

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-opponents-fbi

Linking to Fox specifically, but I think we're all forgetting about something here.

Trump has already admitted, openly, that he would accept dirt on political opponents from foreign governments without contacting the FBI.
    People (I can't imagine who) also forget that Trump already confessed to this crime on live television. As did his Chief of Staff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I think if you wanna venmo me $100 right now instead of in 13 months, I wouldn't blame you or even make fun of you for doing the honorable thing.
    You think the odds of Trump getting removed from office have gone down in the last six months? Wow - you have really been out of touch.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You think the odds of Trump getting removed from office have gone down in the last six months? Wow - you have really been out of touch.
    My bet with @Skroe was over whether or not he would be removed as a result of the Russia investigation, not the treasonous testimonies being given right now about Ukraine.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    My bet with @Skroe was over whether or not he would be removed as a result of the Russia investigation, not the treasonous testimonies being given right now about Ukraine.
    Care to elaborate on how they are treasonous? And considering they are mostly Trump appointees, why is Trump appointing so many traitors?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Just clicked on your sig link. Pondering....

Separate question: when you refer to the "treasonous testimon[y]", what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Interesting. Just clicked on your sig link. Pondering....

Separate question: when you refer to the "treasonous testimon[y]", what do you mean?
    I mean these testimonies being given by people who actually think their country is separate from their president.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Truth is treason in the empire of lies.
    America is not the empire of lies, it is the empire of people eating chick-fil-a and looking at their phones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean these testimonies being given by people who actually think their country is separate from their president.
    A> It definitively is.

B> Even if it weren't, if the nation were breaking its own laws, testifying to that wouldn't be "treasonous" by any definition of the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    A> It definitively is.

B> Even if it weren't, if the nation were breaking its own laws, testifying to that wouldn't be "treasonous" by any definition of the word.
    no quid pro quo

Trump hasn't testified yet. So, nothing has been "treasonous" yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    no quid pro quo
    Are you seriously just going to blindly parrot talking points and pretend that's an argument?