15+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, this is good shit. Trump is honest to gods fucked. I'd be highly surprised if most Republican legislators don't turn on Trump when the real transcript is revealed, assuming this whistleblower testimony is accurate.

So who wants to guess what r/The_Donald would have been saying about this whole affair if they weren't quarantined 3 months ago for encouraging violence against Oregon officials and police?

Who wants to bet all the people saying there will be riots and civil war if Trump gets impeached, will stay home hugging their guns while shaking their fists at the news?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Oh man, this is good shit. Trump is honest to gods fucked. I'd be highly surprised if most Republican legislators don't turn on Trump when the real transcript is revealed, assuming this whistleblower testimony is accurate.
    At the moment they're clinging to the memo Trump released for dear life and trying to undermine the Whistleblower and ICIG.

Some take away from Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire,

"I have served and led through turbulent times," he said. "... My integrity has never been questioned until now."

"I believe that I handled this matter in full compliance with the law at all times.”

This is second-hand information from a whistleblower. I have no knowledge if that is a true and accurate statement,”

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Some take away from Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire,

"I have served and led through turbulent times," he said. "... My integrity has never been questioned until now."

"I believe that I handled this matter in full compliance with the law at all times.”

This is second-hand information from a whistleblower. I have no knowledge if that is a true and accurate statement,”
    Well, that's because he fucked up, and didn't do his job.

That whistleblower sure did manage to name a lot of names, didn't he. The ICIG says you are a liar.

[/I]
    Again, you're skipping over than the Inspector General did an investigation and found it to be credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Again, you're skipping over than the Inspector General did an investigation and found it to be credible.
    Credible to investigate =/= guilt

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Don't start counting chickens just yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there is an investigation or... inquiry...

Luckily the white house released enough to confirm the credibility of the whistleblower.

Its a lost cause buddy, there’s no denying the facts here.

So, then we should have impeachment hearings then?

Or do we just ignore it because you don't like it?

Also, the whistleblower and the memo Trump released from the call match up rather well. How could the whistleblower get that right if they were wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I have to agree that Hunter Biden will get a lot of scrutiny, and Joe will hurt from it.
    Go ahead. If the Biden's did wrong, then do the appropriate thing. Just don't go running to a foreign power and ask them to influence our elections.
    Putin khuliyo

So I had an appt and missed the last hour of the hearing. Where did all the republicans in this hearing go?
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The fact that the acting DNI didn't take this more seriously is a big problem.
    I agree. Regardless of the limitations of his job's description on paper, he was brought a valid, serious complaint and, regardless of the reason, did nothing. We heard some reports that he threatened to quit if his testimony was altered, but (a) he denied those and (b) you saw what he testified.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstream View Post
    So I had an appt and missed the last hour of the hearing. Where did all the republicans in this hearing go?
    They mostly whined about Democrats accusing the Acting DNI of committing the crime that he committed and then left after.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I agree. Regardless of the limitations of his job's description on paper, he was brought a valid, serious complaint and, regardless of the reason, did nothing. We heard some reports that he threatened to quit if his testimony was altered, but (a) he denied those and (b) you saw what he testified.
    The issue is that he took it to the people who were involved, and possibly complicit in it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Oh, it's worse than that. The whistleblower is talking about conversations with his colleagues in intelligence. That's not something you can handwave.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The issue is that he took it to the people who were involved, and possibly complicit in it all.
    Well, technically the ICIG did the same, by going to the DoJ.

Of course, the ICIG then went to Congress and told them the problem. I have no problems with that. Maguire sat on it and is pretending his hands were tied, which is bullshit. Yeah, regardless of what he claims his limitations are, he's now a part of this. If your job gives you an illegal order, well, at least I wouldn't find that a tough moral or ethical decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    So there is an investigation or... inquiry...
    Baby steps, Zenkai will eventually catch up to the present.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    My problem is the timing. As others have said, the hearings, if followed thru would likely come up next summer, smack in the middle of election season. Which sends that huge red flag of just basic political maneuvering and witch hunt. I'm not even a Trump fan and this shit is so obvious as to be laughable.

Further, it also sends the message that they have zero faith in their own candidates.
    The hearings are going to be next fucking week? How are you seeing this last into next summer? I expect Pelosi to wrap this shit up pdq. Get the testimony, put the documents into Congressional Record (i.e. evidence). Vote on Impeachment. And be done with hit.

At that point, heading into the 2020 election cycle early next year, the GOP can tear itself to pieces with the Senate Trial, and the Dems can call Trump "the Impeached" every time they refer to him. Pelosi and her wolf pack and troll him daily while the Democratic candidate stays above the fray and on message (jobs, healthcare, Trump's a criminal).

Apparently ignoring someone and blocking ignored elements hides entire threads... Who knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is such a dip shit. LoL.

Im starting to feel bad for the old fucker at this point. He continually turns stupid crimes where the penalty is a fine, into fucking federal crimes. . . hes like a sovereign citizen whos about to get a speeding ticket for $150, but refuses to give up his liscense and get out of the car. Ends up with speeding, impeding investigation, resisting arrest, expired registration, driving. . i mean traveling with a suspended lisc. . . etc etc.

Fuckin Trump. Freeman on the land.