10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No it doesn't, saying 0 days since someone followed rules or saying X amount of days that someone broke the rules both are the same.

If he followed the rules then the 0 turns to 1, and on the other sign the x would turn to 0

This is basic logic, I can't believe we are even arguing this.
    Neither can I, because you've got this completely backwards, because you're knee-jerking a need to defend the indefensible.

These counters reset when the triggering condition occurs. The only way for "days since A followed the rules" to result in a "0" is if they followed the rules that day, and reset the counter. If he broke the rules, the timer would continue counting up, since he's not following the rules and thus not resetting the counter.

The operative word is "since", and you're ignoring it completely, in your desperate need to defend whatever stupid mistake a Republican made.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't, saying 0 days since someone followed rules or saying X amount of days that someone broke the rules both are the same.

If he followed the rules then the 0 turns to 1, and on the other sign the x would turn to 0

Just think about what the word "since" adds to that sentence. If it was "0 days consecutively for Adam Schiff following House rules", then it would be worded more correctly, if awkwardly.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Schiff nailed these hearings, and that was the perfect wrap up. I very much like how he made the clear the role of timing: Trump began this affair the day AFTER Mueller testified. He will try it again. And again.

We all know that the Republicans in the Senate will cravenly excuse Trump. But it doesn't matter. Democrats are standing up for the Constitution, the rule of law, ethics and American principles. Republican Trumphadis are standing up for conspiracy theories, authoritarianism and Russian interests.

Donald Trump is President in name only.
    Great statement. This motherbleeper (Trump) one day after Mueller tried it again. Trump doesn't care about democracy. He doesn't give a shit about our election. Which is why Mueller and Hill today once again pleaded that Russia will attempt this again.

You asked about the censure procedure but we need this. We (people who believe Trump is guilty) may shoot ourselves in the foot, but Trump is determined to win this election anyway he can.

We can argue will enough vote for Trump because of partisanship impeachment. We will find out.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    House considers expanding the Impeaching Inquiry because of Sondland's testimony that "everyone was involved".

Special Prosecutor anyone?
    This is something I've been saying *for years* now. A lot of us have (you included).

The Trumphadi's ongoing excuse making, cover-up and bullshitting of all of the Trump Administration's wrong doing will invariably end very poorly, because the next Democratic President, be it in 2021 or 2025 or even 2029, WILL appoint a Special Prosecutor to go through everything Trump has done.

It will all come into the open. There is no escaping it. Some figures now will end up in jail.

I'm not sure how they thing this possibly ends well for them? All they are doing is buying time until the day of heartbreak. I mean, sure... they may win an election or two on the back of malfeasance. But then the pendulum will swing back and we'll be in a position to do far worse: send criminals to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Neither can I, because you've got this completely backwards, because you're knee-jerking a need to defend the indefensible.

These counters reset when the triggering condition occurs. The only way for "days since A followed the rules" to result in a "0" is if they followed the rules that day, and reset the counter. If he broke the rules, the timer would continue counting up, since he's not following the rules and thus not resetting the counter.

The operative word is "since", and you're ignoring it completely, in your desperate need to defend whatever stupid mistake a Republican made.
    You're moving goal post, what I argued was with logic, there is nothing wrong with the sign.

Saying 0 Days since followed Rules and saying X days they have broken rules serves the same function except the former is more funny. Because having a sign saying 0 days since an accident shows you failed in your safety program.

No one has a board up that says "X days we have had accidents in a row"

This is nothing but personal preference on how to display the same information, I am not going to argue personal preference with you all night.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StarDog View Post
    My guy. I work in manufacturing. We have these signs all over the plant. Everyone else is right.

It's okay! There is nothing wrong with saying "whoops, I goofed!" It doesn't make you weak! I promise!
    Good for you, I work in manufacturing too, there is noting wrong the the sign. do you have a sign that says "6 days we have had accidents" Because I feel your company needs to be viewed by OSHA if you do.

Every day Trump continues being president the GOP loses more voters for the next few generations. They should have removed him a long time ago, but it's still not too late to prevent more damage. It's not like Trump is going to suddenly become a great president and do a fantastic job for the next year. There will be many, many more fuck ups and scandals. It never ends.

The senate needs to remove him and the GOP needs to go into full damage control mode for the next year. No, they won't win the 2020 elections. That's not happening anyways. They need to start thinking about elections taking place 2022 and beyond. They need to fix their shit and actually become a party that provides meaningful alternatives to people who don't necessarily want to vote for the democrat.

These impeachment hearings alone have causes many thousands of conservative voters (not the rabid right wing base) to either switch to democrat or not vote at all.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2019-11-21 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    You asked about the censure procedure but we need this. We (people who believe Trump is guilty) may shoot ourselves in the foot, but Trump is determined to win this election anyway he can.
    Fore sure. To be clear, I wasn't advocating for censure instead of impeachement at all. Trump should have hanged for many things before this incredible offense he committed here. I really just wanted to see what people thought of that route as an alternative that might get Republican votes.

Trump of course, wouldn't care about censure. He's be censured at 9am and would be infront of one of his cult gathering by 5pm mocking censure and likening it to "censorship".

You can't shame the shameless.

10+ Year Old Account
    House considers expanding the Impeaching Inquiry because of Sondland's testimony that "everyone was involved".

Hmmm, too slow I think. And too easily singled out as partisan (the GOP would know about partisan hack special prosecutors *coughStarrcough").

Dragging people in front of Congress is the cleanest and easiest way to do things, these past weeks of public hearings have proven how much information you can quickly and simply get out to the public.

That'd be nice.
    But I have to wonder if it doesn't happen now (or near this timeframe) if a deal isn't being brokered.
    Because Pelosi/Schiff know now that they've damn good reasons to appoint such a prosecutor...and drag it all through next year.

I can't believe you are arguing this either, but let me give it a try.

It has been 0 days since Schiff followed House rules.

IF the sign said it had been a 100 Days since Schiff followed House Rules it would mean a 100 days since he followed the rules, that is he's been breaking the rules for the last 99, if it said 2 days ago, it would have been 2 days since Schiff followed the rules it would mean he's been breaking them for the last day, it says 0 days ago.

How long has it been since 0 days?

It literally is saying - Schiff was following the rules 0 days ago.

Everyone understands what they are trying to say, they said it incorrectly, it's why they are being mocked all over the internet right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I can't believe you are arguing this either, but let me give it a try.

It has been 0 days since Schiff followed House rules.

IF the sign said it had been a 100 Days since Schiff followed House Rules it would mean a 100 days since he followed the rules, that is he's been breaking it for the last 99, if it said 2 days ago, it would have been 2 days since Schiff followed the rules it would mean he's been breaking them for the last days, it says 0 days ago.

How long has it been since 0 days?

It literally is saying - Schiff was following the rules 0 days ago.

Everyone understands what they are trying to say, they said it incorrectly, it's why they are being mocked all over the internet right now.
    no it doesn't, the number will just mean indefinite 0s until he follows the rules

If you have a sign that say s 0 Days before lost time accidents and you have 5 accidents in 5 days in a row, does that mean you didn't have an accident yesterday? How the fuck does that make sense?

Here is an example of 0 days since humor since you people are having a hard time grasping it.

Oh look that means I wasn't sarcastic yesterday

So long as it's not Mueller again...

Look, I'm not gonna call a Vietnam vet who was awarded a Navy Cross a coward. But Bob Mueller performed an act of abdication. Not a legal one obviously, but I would argue a moral one.

He did his work, handed it over, brushed his hands off and walked away. No press conferences. No interviews. At the hearing he at times refused to read from his own report because he very very VERY clearly did not want to be become a political player. Which is totally understandable!!

But there was exactly one person on Earth who could have spoken with credibility and integrity about not just the report itself, but more importantly, what should be done as a result of it. And it was Bob Mueller. But he followed the letter of the law exactly. To the tiniest detail and he refused to deviate--which is admirable and good.

But in extraordinary circumstances, i.e. the President of the United States winning election through foreign intereference and using his vast powers to protect himself, history demands a little more. Bob Mueller didn't want that mighty burden on himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for you, I work in manufacturing too, there is noting wrong the the sign. do you have a sign that says "6 days we have had accidents" Because I feel your company needs to be viewed by OSHA if you do.
    Republican’s latest anti-Schiff sign hilariously backfires
    After a lunch break, Republicans in the House Intelligence Committee propped up a sign reading, “Days since Adam Schiff followed the rules 0.” That would mean that Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) is following the rules today. If Republicans meant to attack Schiff or claim that Democrats were ignoring the House rules it would read a larger number of days, for example, “4 days since Adam Schiff followed House rules.”

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

So you found an article from a no name site from an author who has an opinion based on ignorance. Kudos.

no it doesn't, the number will just mean indefinite 0s until he follows the rules

If you have a sign that say s 0 Days before lost time accidents and you have 5 accidents in 5 days in a row, does that mean you didn't have an accident yesterday? How the fuck does that make sense?

Here is an example of 0 days since humor since you people are having a hard time grasping it.

You... you even killed your own point.

0 Days without sarcasm implies that you are sarcastic every day. 0 days since Schiff followed the rules implies Schiff follows the rules every day.

For it to work it would need to be "0 days since Schiff broke the rules"

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, but that example is implying that sarcasm happens a lot. What the Republicans meant for their sign to imply was that Schiff breaks House rules a lot. Instead, they wrote "followed" instead of "broke", so they imply that he FOLLOWS House rules a lot.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

How many votes do they need for the senate to impeach him? And do they have to be Republican votes?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Schiff calls America the "indispensible nation".

I love that the Trump era has made Democrats champions of America's role in the liberal international order.
    To be entirely fair, from the Reagan era onwards it was fairly difficult to be a 'patriotic' Democrat - in the sense that there was a coopting of American pride as being synonymous with conservatism and supportive of needlessly hawkish policies; something that was reinforced by the wars of the Bush era.

People cannot be proud of a government they do not see themselves in, and a strong return of New Deal era policies can effectively send the message that one can be patriotic but also progressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post

You... you even killed your own point.

0 Days without sarcasm implies that you are sarcastic every day. 0 days since Schiff followed the rules implies Schiff follows the rules every day.

For it to work it would need to be "0 days since Schiff broke the rules"
    lol OK I am done, there is no helping you, also way to ignore the point about work place accidents

Can't explain basic logic anymore than I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yes, but that example is implying that sarcasm happens a lot. What the Republicans meant for their sign to imply was that Schiff breaks House rules a lot. Instead, they wrote "followed" instead of "broke", so they imply that he FOLLOWS House rules a lot.
    no it doesn't it means he could have "possibly" followed the house rules yesterday

lol OK I am done, there is no helping you, also way to ignore the point about work place accidents

Can't explain basic logic anymore than I have.
    0 days since work place accident means that there was an accident that day. 0 days since Schiff followed the rules means that Schiff followed the rules that day.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the reason you can't explain basic "logic" is because you lack basic logic.