Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Ah so 2(j)(i) not 2(i). They had the option to call witnesses, they chose not to. There is nothing about them getting their own hearing.
    Plus they had their viewpoints heard with Jonathan Turley.

Ah so 2(j)(i) not 2(i). They had the option to call witnesses, they chose not to. There is nothing about them getting their own hearing.
    Wasn't that Turly guy their witness?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They were denied their right to call several witnesses during the hearing. Surely you know this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    So reading the Washington times article it seems like reps got their hearing already and are whining that they can't Stonewall.
    Sounds about right honestly
    Yeah...that's it. That's the ticket!

This echo chamber is unbelievable.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    They were denied their right to call several witnesses during the hearing. Surely you know this.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah...that's it. That's the ticket!

This echo chamber is unbelievable.
    So who did they want to call and weren't allowed too? I'm genuinely asking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlo View Post
    So who did they want to call and weren't allowed too? I'm genuinely asking
    Wanna bet he claims the whistleblower and/or Hunter Biden?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the Russian armchair lawyers in here trying to defend Trump. It's like they think real law works like Phoenix Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Wanna bet he claims the whistleblower and/or Hunter Biden?
    That's what I'm expecting. Notice too how he didn't refute my point about stonewalling he just said ECHOCHAAMMBER!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Huh?

Nothing is going to change regarding his approval, it's already split and will stay that way. And there are no moderate Republicans, it's just The Party of Trump now.
    Once threats are made public to the 22 republican senators that are up got reelection this year, then you will see immense disapproval of Republicans and Trump as well as support for impeachment surpassing 50%
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

So here is what is bugging me. Gaetz in particular highlighted that we should be looking into Hunter Biden because of his father. But doesn't even mention that right now the president has his family working DIRECTLY in the White House and they are clearing benefiting from their positions.

So I think he needs to clean his own filthy house before he decides to trash his neighbors.
    Last edited by omerome; 2019-12-12 at 06:02 PM. Reason: forgot a word
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Republicans have been beclowning themselves all morning.

The Authoritarian Party of America, ladies and gentlemen.

God bless the Democratic Party. They're heroes for what they are doing.

so who actually thinks this will be resolved by the time the election happens? Esp, the next part in the Senate..

gonna be funny if he gets impeached but not removed, and re-elected.. I will take the day off for popcorn and facebook/CNN watching.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    so who actually thinks this will be resolved by the time the election happens? Esp, the next part in the Senate..

gonna be funny if he gets impeached but not removed, and re-elected.. I will take the day off for popcorn and facebook/CNN watching.
    What would be funny, is if he DID get removed, but not until it was too late to get someone else on the republican ballot. (not that I think he'll get removed ... but I sure hope the repubs have something planned in the wings in case he does)

10+ Year Old Account
    In violation of House rules (Clause 2(j)(1) of Rule XI), Nadler has denied Republicans a minority hearing because it would delay impeachment.

This hyper-partisan kangaroo court is the true threat to our democracy. I hope Democrats pay dearly for this clown show.
    But, all of this discussion regarding the minority’s right to call their own witnesses to appear at an impeachment hearing may very well be moot. For the impeachment inquiry specifically, by a vote of 232-196 the House agreed to H.R. 660 which outlines the committee procedures to be used in impeachment hearings. Vital for this purpose, section 4(c)(1) of the resolution states that the ranking member of the committee is authorized to choose witnesses for testimony, but with a critical caveat: the chair of the committee must concur with the ranking member’s choice. That is, without agreement from the Democratic chairman, the ranking member’s prerogative in this matter is effectively null.

In theory, the procedures outlined within H.R. 660 supersede those itemized within Rule XI of the House rules. Should the Republicans wish to challenge this interpretation, they would offer a question of privilege on the House floor that states their minority rights to call witnesses were steamrolled by the majority within the committee. While Democrats would be unable to stop this question being put to the House, they would undoubtedly respond with a motion to table by a simple majority vote, which would effectively kill the complaint.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...r-impeachment/

Or, in short, "Nah".

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Who did you copy and paste this from?

If you're going to plagiarize, at least be subtle.
    He avoided your question with typical Conservative Eternal Victimhood, but I'll answer it: it's Newt Gingrich who is using the specific language of a "kangaroo court clown show."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    He avoided your question with typical Conservative Eternal Victimhood, but I'll answer it: it's Newt Gingrich who is using the specific language of a "kangaroo court clown show."
    Ahhh. Figures.

Thanks!

Ha! Gaetz called into rollcall Biden Hunter's substance abuse, then Hank Johnson mentioned Gaetz numerous DUI arrests saying "The pot calling the kettle black is not something that we should do."
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They were denied their right to call several witnesses during the hearing. Surely you know this..
    Who did they want to call? It couldn't have been the Biden's, could it?

The Impeachment process and Inquiry has been carried almost perfectly, from both a technical aspect and a political aspect. The fact that the GOP wants to derail it, continuously, with more of their conspiracy theories, is just par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But, all of this discussion regarding the minority’s right to call their own witnesses to appear at an impeachment hearing may very well be moot. For the impeachment inquiry specifically, by a vote of 232-196 the House agreed to H.R. 660 which outlines the committee procedures to be used in impeachment hearings. Vital for this purpose, section 4(c)(1) of the resolution states that the ranking member of the committee is authorized to choose witnesses for testimony, but with a critical caveat: the chair of the committee must concur with the ranking member’s choice. That is, without agreement from the Democratic chairman, the ranking member’s prerogative in this matter is effectively null.

In theory, the procedures outlined within H.R. 660 supersede those itemized within Rule XI of the House rules. Should the Republicans wish to challenge this interpretation, they would offer a question of privilege on the House floor that states their minority rights to call witnesses were steamrolled by the majority within the committee. While Democrats would be unable to stop this question being put to the House, they would undoubtedly respond with a motion to table by a simple majority vote, which would effectively kill the complaint.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...r-impeachment/

Or, in short, "Nah".
    Aww looks like the conservative talking points that went out this morning are wrong. Shocker. Also looks like one of our resident conservatives just ate up a pile of shit that he was told was ice cream and didn't bother to look into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Who did they want to call? It couldn't have been the Biden's, could it?
    They wanted to call the Ghost That Never Lies!
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    What would be funny, is if he DID get removed, but not until it was too late to get someone else on the republican ballot. (not that I think he'll get removed ... but I sure hope the repubs have something planned in the wings in case he does)
    It would be, but he won't. Many may not have seen this, but the GOP just did a dry run of the Trump Election Machine.

A full year before Election Day 2020, Republicans quietly executed a “dry run” of President Donald Trump’s massive reelection machine.

They activated tens of thousands of volunteers and tested phone bank capabilities and get-out-the-vote operations in every state in the nation. Before and after the sprawling exercise, GOP officials coordinated thousands of “MAGA Meet ups” to organize and expand their network of Trump loyalists, paying close attention to battlegrounds like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
    To me that's the biggest indicator that Trump won't be removed by the Senate in the Impeachment Trial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Ha! Gaetz called into rollcall Biden Hunter's substance abuse, then Hank Johnson mentioned Gaetz numerous DUI arrests saying "The pot calling the kettle black is not something that we should do."
    Wow - full spread deflection and lies from the House GOP Impeachment team. What in the holy fuck do Hunter Biden's substance abuse problems have to do with Trump bribing a foreign country to get election help?

The party of Deplorables indeed.