Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I think he dictated it to an auto-correct speech-to-text device, because all the idiocy in it are pure Trumpian nonsense.
    Naw, hanging around someone for a while (especially when the person won't shut the fuck up) makes it easy to write in their voice. I imagine their writers are all extremely adept at this by now, and that they came in with a lot of experience on this very subject. They're just projecting his stupidity in complete sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Naw, hanging around someone for a while (especially when the person won't shut the fuck up) makes it easy to write in their voice. I imagine their writers are all extremely adept at this by now, and that they came in with a lot of experience on this very subject. They're just projecting his stupidity in complete sentences.
    I suspect he reserves final edit, though, just based on the exclamation points.

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Ghostwriting for someone like Trump isn't very hard. You have a wealth of spoken and written comments from him to draw from and mirror. His excessive use of exclamation points, for example, is extremely easy to notice and replicate.

He gets the final edit, I'm sure, and adds in some of the adjectives of his choice where he feels there aren't enough, but ghostwriting like this is super common and there are a ton of people who are very good at it (for better or worse).

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Ghostwriting for someone like Trump isn't very hard. You have a wealth of spoken and written comments from him to draw from and mirror. His excessive use of exclamation points, for example, is extremely easy to notice and replicate.

He gets the final edit, I'm sure, and adds in some of the adjectives of his choice where he feels there aren't enough, but ghostwriting like this is super common and there are a ton of people who are very good at it (for better or worse).
    "At the end of last week, the fine people at Wargaming released a new patch for their flagship game, World of Warships. See what I did there? Flagship game? I made a little joke. I like jokes. People tell me I am trependously funny. >Pause for applause<

They made a fine patch, in which they give you a ship, a good ship, a very good ship, some might even say the very best ship, the mighty <tip indexfinger and thumb and pretend to draw a string between them to emphacise all words> USS Puerto Rico, named after one of our great states. I love Puerto Rico, the weather is so nice there. Fine people, too.

And you get this ship for free. I did that. I negotiated that with WarGaming. It was me. All you have to do is play the game a tiny bit over the holidays, and you have the ship finished in. Your. Po-hort."

In case anybody wonders what event I am talking about, World of Warships introduced a feature where you unlock a new ship, but to get it for free you'd have to sink 15+ hours into the game for each day until January the 16th. Or you just pay 235 USD for it. If you're interested, there are plenty of vids by community contributors on the matter.

In any case, I think I approximated his manner of speech rather well. It's also an exceptionally scummy event with outright predatory features, so I'm certain Trump would defend it. Faking a letter from someone if you're familiar with them is really easy.

I'm aware Puerto Rico isn't a US state. I'm also aware it is spelled 'tremendously.'

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    "At the end of last week, the fine people at Wargaming released a new patch for their flagship game, World of Warships. See what I did there? Flagship game? I made a little joke. I like jokes. People tell me I am trependously funny. >Pause for applause<

They made a fine patch, in which they give you a ship, a good ship, a very good ship, some might even say the very best ship, the mighty <tip indexfinger and thumb and pretend to draw a string between them to emphacise all words> USS Puerto Rico, named after one of our great states. I love Puerto Rico, the weather is so nice there. Fine people, too.

And you get this ship for free. I did that. I negotiated that with WarGaming. It was me. All you have to do is play the game a tiny bit over the holidays, and you have the ship finished in. Your. Po-hort."

In case anybody wonders what event I am talking about, World of Warships introduced a feature where you unlock a new ship, but to get it for free you'd have to sink 15+ hours into the game for each day until January the 16th. Or you just pay 235 USD for it. If you're interested, there are plenty of vids by community contributors on the matter.

In any case, I think I approximated his manner of speech rather well. It's also an exceptionally scummy event with outright predatory features, so I'm certain Trump would defend it. Faking a letter from someone if you're familiar with them is really easy.

I'm aware Puerto Rico isn't a US state. I'm also aware it is spelled 'tremendously.'
    Ok, I laughed, but it needs more: "You have people all the time. Different things. I've seen it very strongly, everyone says so. You know it and they know it. They say, "Sir, this is the best, by far. By far."

Nice, Trump is threatening Schiff with murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I think he dictated it to an auto-correct speech-to-text device, because all the idiocy in it are pure Trumpian nonsense.
    So you believe Trump would use (let alone know) words like disingenuous?

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post

1) Far too coherent.
    2) Wargaming is a Russian Company, so defending them checks out perfectly.
    3) Oh God, not here too. I stopped playing WoWS last week because of the non-stop complaining about that. It had been my go to game for a couple months now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, does anyone believe Trump wrote that letter to Pelosi? Or like...any of it? Because it has complete sentences. Largely proper syntax, grammar and spelling. Multiple paragraphs. Semi-coherent lines of thought (and improvement over usual).
    Its like they just put one of his rally speeches into letter form, it had all of the hallmarks, probably the same writer.
    /s

House has the votes; with majority now in favor; vote expected Wednesday

Some Democrats, however, have noted that they will break from the party and vote against impeachment. Maine Rep. Jared Golden said he would vote for impeachment on the charge of abuse of power, but he said he will not vote to impeach on obstruction of justice.
    This seems crazy to me, obstruction seems like even more of a slam dunk than abuse of power... does he think Trump didn't order everyone to ignore subpoenas or something ?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    House has the votes; with majority now in favor; vote expected Wednesday
    YUGE. President Deplorable finally gets a verdict. So many more to come for him. Sad, but fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    This seems crazy to me, obstruction seems like even more of a slam dunk than abuse of power... does he think Trump didn't order everyone to ignore subpoenas or something ?
    Some of the Dems have always been a bit wishy-washy. From the very start there have been a handful that have opposed impeachment at all and they continue to do so. This isn't the multitudes that the talking heads on Twitter keep saying there are (it's 5-10 tops), but hey, they keep saying that 1 Dem switching parties is "wholesale" defection, so I guess they just do hyperbole better.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    YUGE. President Deplorable finally gets a verdict. So many more to come for him. Sad, but fair!
    It's certainly looking that way. I won't count it until the votes are in because there have been several disappointments the past few years, but it's not looking good for the Trumpster Fire.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Some of the Dems have always been a bit wishy-washy. From the very start there have been a handful that have opposed impeachment at all and they continue to do so. This isn't the multitudes that the talking heads on Twitter keep saying there are (it's 5-10 tops), but hey, they keep saying that 1 Dem switching parties is "wholesale" defection, so I guess they just do hyperbole better.
    But to a point it is - not because of the adhering to the party no matter what, but because of the topic at hand - Trump's CONFESSED crimes. Trump has literally confessed to two Impeachable offenses - Obstruction of Justice and Bribery. There is no "side" - there is truth, where the Democrats happen to fall in this case, and there is everything else, where the GOP happens to fall in this case.

It's certainly looking that way. I won't count it until the votes are in because there have been several disappointments the past few years, but it's not looking good for the Trumpster Fire.
    Pelosi is pretty good about making sure she has the votes before she calls for a vote. But I hear what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    But to a point it is - not because of the adhering to the party no matter what, but because of the topic at hand - Trump's CONFESSED crimes. Trump has literally confessed to two Impeachable offenses - Obstruction of Justice and Bribery. There is no "side" - there is truth, where the Democrats happen to fall in this case, and there is everything else, where the GOP happens to fall in this case.
    Not following. Was this in response to what I wrote or a misquote? I'm not arguing that that Dem is in the wrong here, just that there have been a few at every step in the process.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Not following. Was this in response to what I wrote or a misquote? I'm not arguing that that Dem is in the wrong here, just that there have been a few at every step in the process.
    Oh - a few people breaking away from the party vote? I may have misunderstood what you were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    -snip-.
    Oh I'm not contesting the UK 'winner takes it all' setup is seriously flawed aswell.

More parties removes the one party rule issue that the US suffers under, had the Republican had 30% of the seats in the Senate and 34% in the house, while the dems also were no where near a majority, they'd rely on parties that did not have to sacrifice their integrity to protect their party. You wouldn't have a loose canon president who'd be in a position where his party could grant him immunity for breaking the constitution.

If anything, it could be built like the European parliment, where candidates from different countries, form "new" parties with likeminded candidates. It still ends up with more than a two party system and removes the issue of one party being able to rule everything.

Current EP setup

It is time.
    It is now.
    Impeachment day is here.
    It is time.

Nearly three years of work have lead to this... the defacement and destruction of an American President.

Trumphadis, We are Taking your President Away From You. Now. Today. Here. And you cannot stop it. This is happening. It is inevitable.

You will protest. You will say "the Senate will acquit him", "he will win in 2020", "MAGA!"

Irrelevant.

Today Donald J Trump, your President, becomes the third in history formally impeached.
    Today his legacy for all time is crafted.

A judge or two on the supreme court and many on the federal courts.
    A tax cut.
    Sticking it to us coastal elites.

Irrelevant.

In time, as things do that will ebb and flow. Tax cuts repealed followed by more tax cuts. Power shifts in the court. Nothing new.

But here now, the one thing Donald J Trump, and by extension you, will always be known for, is going to occur.

25 years from now High Schoolers in Iowa will write comparative essays on Nixon's Watergate versus Donald Trump's Ukraine entanglement.

50 years from now a fourth grader learning the American Presidents will come to know the three formall impeached - Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton and Donald J Trump.

75 years from now political science majors in New York will do analyses of the political tribalism that had a subset of early 21st century Americans to huddle around a man they knew was a traitor to the Constitution and a criminal.

100 years from now the question "What were the two articles of impeachment levied against Donald Trump" will be asked on a gameshow.

150 years from now a Middle Schooler doing a report on the early 21st century will write of 9/11, the Rise of China, the Russian attack of 2016 and the Impeachment of Donald J Trump in 2019/2020.

Trump will survive the Senate. He may go on to win re-election. But the nature of this crimes and the coming badly compromised nature of his acquittal serve to demolish any pretense of legitimacy. Donald Trump may be ex-offico the President, but history will see him little more than a placeholder. A mistake. A traitor protected by a historically transient ideological mob unworthy of the Constitution. The last gasp of a fading world.

Donald J Trump's legacy, echoing through time, is that of a President who tried to compel a foreign power to help him cheat in a Presidential election.

"The President who tried to cheat".

Forever. As long as there is an America, that is Donald Trump's legacy.
    Nothing else matters. Nothing else he has done, or could do, will supercede his impeachment.

As long as there is an America, that is what YOU, Trumphadis, will be associated with defending. Forever.

"The President who tried to cheat".

That is the Constitutional treason YOU have committed. His indictment is also YOUR indictment. The third of forty four men, across 230 years. And the most serious of all charges by far. That is what you protected.

And all our successors will know it and damn you for it. Forever. You will be compared to the people who forced Nixon out, and compare poorly. Future Generations of Americans will ask "what was WRONG with those people? How did they let that happen?" no different than how we ask how Germans let Hitler rise to power. You will be judged. You will fail the test. You will know shame everlasting.

We are taking your President Away From You. For your betrayal of our constitutional principles, you deserve this.

It is time.
    It is good.
    It is fair.
    It is time.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-12-18 at 10:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Trump will survive the Senate. He may go on to win re-election. But the nature of this crimes and the coming badly compromised nature of his acquittal serve to demolish any pretense of legitimacy....
    Also, should Trump by some miracle win in 2020, I think it likely Democrats will hold the House in 2020, thereby putting the Trump's 2nd term legislative agenda to an end before it gets off the ground. Furthermore, I suspect Democrats expand their House majority and take back a slim lead in the Senate after 2022, putting an end to Trump's & McConnell's parade of unqualified judicial nominees.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Donald J Trump's legacy, echoing through time, is that of a President who tried to compel a foreign power to help him cheat in a Presidential election.
    Let's keep in mind he may also become the first president to be impeached twice since this is a crime in progress William Barr, Gulliani, Pompeo and Horowitz are still scheming to steal the election by any means for Trump.