Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    I still don't get why people are cheering, everybody knows it's gonna die in the senate. No way in hell republicans will vote against Trump in the senate.
    Removing Trump isn't the point. That's for the 2020 election. Republicans were never going to remove Trump.

But this is his legacy. This is his entire Presidency. Nothing else he has done or does will matter. And it drags all defenders to hell and infamy. with him.

25 years from now High Schoolers in Iowa will write comparative essays on Nixon's Watergate versus Donald Trump's Ukraine entanglement.

50 years from now a fourth grader learning the American Presidents will come to know the three formally impeached - Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton and Donald J Trump.

75 years from now political science majors in New York will do analyses of the political tribalism that had a subset of early 21st century Americans to huddle around a man they knew was a traitor to the Constitution and a criminal.

100 years from now the question "What were the two articles of impeachment levied against Donald Trump" will be asked on a gameshow.

150 years from now a Middle Schooler doing a report on the early 21st century will write of 9/11, the Rise of China, the Russian attack of 2016 and the Impeachment of Donald J Trump in 2019/2020.

Politics is transient. Presidents come and go. Impeachment is forever.

Trump will survive the Senate. He may go on to win re-election. But the nature of this crimes and the coming badly compromised nature of his acquittal serve to demolish any pretense of legitimacy. Donald Trump may be ex-offico the President, but history will see him little more than a placeholder. A mistake. A traitor protected by a historically transient ideological mob unworthy of the Constitution. The last gasp of a fading world.

Donald J Trump's legacy, echoing through time, is that of a President who tried to compel a foreign power to help him cheat in a Presidential election.

"The President who tried to cheat by bribing a foreign power, got caught, and got impeached for it".

Forever. As long as there is an America, that is Donald Trump's legacy.

That is our victory. And it's a big one. After we're all dust, history will indict Donald J Trump and all the people who betrayed the Constitution to enable him.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    "Everyone"? No. All the haters perhaps...
    Doesn't take much to hate that man, the only ones to like him are either too stupid or just don't care.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by MasterK View Post
    Even worse, texts like "we will take your president away" have lost all their meaning if Trump will (God forbid) get that second term because of this sham of a process.
    Impeach him twice and have him removed in the senate.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Impeach him twice and have him removed in the senate.
    Agreed.

No reason we can't do this again in a few years if he is re-elected. He is, after all, a serial offender. He'll continue to give us the opportunity.

And then he becomes the first President in American history impeached twice.

Especially if Trump wins in 2020 but Democrats gain a Senate majority. Do it again. Impeach him and burn down his second term from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Ratcliffe said he will rally republicans to impeach the next democratic president what a fucking loser
    Sadly this is what we will see the coming years. Obstruction of Congress is nothing compared to the obstruction that will (and already has) happen by partisan politicians. Don't expect to get anything done the next 20 years. At this moment, just abolish Congress because nothing good will come out of it.

People calling this a victory don't see the implications.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even worse, texts like "we will take your president away" have lost all their meaning if Trump will (God forbid) get that second term because of this sham of a process.

You have already shown you know little to nothing about how any of it works. Why keep repeating republican/right talking points like a parrot?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

And their hatred is destroying our country as well.
    Point to the destroying in the country that's happening. Show us on the doll where.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Mainly cause it's a mark against Trump he will never be able to remove. Trump will forever go down as the 3rd president to be impeached. Not something you really want to be remembered for.
    Yeah...and almost everyone knows it's messing the hell out of Trump. And it'll dog him through his flaccid attempt at re-election.
    Don't be surprised if he is hospitalized in the coming weeks.

You have already shown you know little to nothing about how any of it works. Why keep repeating republican/right talking points like a parrot?
    Because he's watching his President's legacy doused in gasoline and set on fire.

This is all people will know Trump for. Forever.

Not beating Hillary.
    Not Tax cuts
    Not judges.

He will be the President who tried to cheat in an election by seeking to bribe foreign officials and got caught.

That is what Donald Trump is now.

President Cheat and Impeached.

I have proven a few times already that legal knowledge is not something you (and a lot of others) have. Because they don't understand whats being said, they misrepresent what's being said. FYI, there are several (former) democratic congress members who say the same, so it has nothing to do with republican/right.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Because he's watching his President's legacy doused in gasoline and set on fire.

This is all people will know Trump for. Forever.

Not beating Hillary.
    Not Tax cuts
    Not judges.

He will be the President who tried to cheat in an election by seeking to bribe foreign officials and got caught.

That is what Donald Trump is now.

President Cheat and Impeached.
    President Cheato who got impeachedo

[IMG]https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/aria_c16979220191125120100.jpg[/IG]
    Holy shit you actually believe the hearsay part. That's hilarious.

If you hate the hatred, tell us what you love about Trump. If he's done so much you can surely list 20 things he has done that is in bipartisan agreement of those decisions being a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah...and almost everyone knows it's messing the hell out of Trump. And it'll dog him through his flaccid attempt at re-election.
    Don't be surprised if he is hospitalized in the coming weeks.
    This entire Impeachment process is the worst thing in Trump's life. He'll try and play it off, but for a pathological narcissist, for whom reputation and name are everything, this is an epochal disaster. Everything I'm saying about his place in history - all Presidents are concerned about their place, but he is unusually focused on his reputation - he knows this. He won't be up there with Lincoln and Reagan. He'll be down there with Andrew Johnson.

This is a personal attack on him, and the motherfucker deserves every second of personal misery he gets for seeing his name and reputation burned to the ground right in front of him.

You know how he likes to say "people are talking about..."

When people talk about Trump, it'll be as the President who tried to cheat and got caught and impeached.

Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not at all. I've been saying Trump would only face removal from office in the 2020 election since the Mueller report landed earlier this year, and Mueller punted to Congress (and Congress didnt immediately act). The trap we laid going into the Mueller Report was near perfect. Trump shut down the government. He butted heads big time with McConnell over the budget and appointees. He had just seen his party routed in the House in the 2018 election and the Senate looks to be at risk in 2020. All that was needed was the Mueller Report to go a bit further and directly charge Trump for obstruction.

It did not do that. It implicated him. But Mueller is a by-the-book guy and our mistake was expecting a by-the-book-guy to violate a lifetime of that by taking the extraordinary step of charging the sitting President. Instead he said "the President did this, but Constitutionally it is up to Congress to deal with it".

So that was the end of that trap.

But here's the thing about Donald Trump. He's a serial offender. He cant't help himself. He will ALWAYS give opportunities to his opponents. And with the Ukraine betrayal of our country, he did it again, almost immediately.

But that hasn't changed my outlook on Trump's fate. If he goes down, it'll be in 2020, an election I still give him a 60% chance of winning. From the get go... all of this... it's to hurt him. And you. It's to indict the people who made him President and destroy his legacy.

He will be the President who tried and cheat and got caught, who was then acquitted through a compromised process by a corrupted party. Forever.

As I said, this will be the only thing that matters with regards to Trump, 25, 50, 75 and 100 years from now. Nothing else he does matters. This is the thing that mattered. This is the entirety of his place in history. And everyone who supported him will be identified with the moral compromises that put him there, the same way that Germans who supported and tolerated the Nazis are seen in history.

So Reduction of scope? More like expansion. I'm not thinking about the near term anymore. We have trump contained. His power is largely broken (see my post above). I'm thinking about big picture. History. Time.

And you know what? As I said... Trump keeps giving opportunities. So maybe if he wins re-election in 2020,we can just do it all again in 2021 or 2023, and he becomes the first President double-impeached. Because he will commit high crimes again. It is in his nature. Just as it is in the nature of supporters like yourself to betray the Constitution and our national interests to tolerate it. Is that how completely those annoying SJW Teachers and obnoxious feminists defeated you? You debase the Constitution just to troll the people you hate? It's fine. We know what you folks are.

Impeachment is forever. And today, the majority of Americans impeach Donald J Trump and impeach his supporters. We stand for the Constitution against its enemy.

You.
    This is a lot of tough talk surrounding an acknowledgement that you already kind of think you're going to lose in 2020.

The continued references to me specifically are kind of weird though. I'm not invested in this administration. I am amused by the histrionics in this thread though, I freely confess to that.
    Last edited by Spectral; 2019-12-18 at 11:58 PM.

I have proven a few times already that legal knowledge is not something you (and a lot of others) have. Because they don't understand whats being said, they misrepresent what's being said. FYI, there are several (former) democratic congress members who say the same, so it has nothing to do with republican/right.
    You have only proven your ignorance about law and legal matters.

On another note; Graham warns Giuliani: 'I hope you know what you're talking about'

Trump's fall guy being warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    remember in 2012 when they said Obama fema camps were going to lock people up to take over the govt. And then Hillary was going to do it.....

Now look where we are
    Don't forget the death camps. Apparently the ACA would allow Obama to choose who lives or dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You have only proven your ignorance about law and legal matters.

On another note; Graham warns Giuliani: 'I hope you know what you're talking about'

Trump's fall guy being warned.
    By whom? You? Or the guy claiming "everybody knows..."?

Oh tell me, your opinion about that FBI agent who altered a text (inserting a "not") so that exactly the opposite meaning lead to FISA warrants.

Trump has only lost voters since 2016. He lost that vote by almost 3 million. EC shenanigans aren't going to get him elected next time around.

Assuming he isn't removed, we also have another year of Trump fuck ups to look forward to where he will continue alienating voters. Another year of Trump doing severe damage to the GOP and its future.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Says the person who doesn't know who the house intelligence committee is and what they do. Would you like to walk back your comment about secret meetings or just admit you were wrong?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

By whom? You? Or the guy claiming "everybody knows..."?
    So, you're still not ready to come back to reality where Trump withheld aid and asked Ukraine to investigate Biden? Cool.