Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So Pam Bondi is on Trump's defense team. Says Trump is all about fighting corruption.

Pam Bondi, was the Florida AG, who received a $125k contribution from Trump where she then dropped the case on Trump U.

Classic!
    FYI, she was a cheaper whore than that. It only took $25k, not $125k.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    FYI, she was a cheaper whore than that. It only took $25k, not $125k.
    Thanks for correction.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Thanks for correction.
    That is the only reason that Trump likes her, it is because she is easily bought off.

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    Perhaps the democrats should not have told everyone from 2016 to now that their ultimate goal was to impeach trump. I find it amusing that people did not expect resistance after such statements.
    If only Trump wasn't constantly breaking the law in some way. Damn those Democrats for making Trump break the law. DAMN THEM!

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So Pam Bondi is on Trump's defense team. Says Trump is all about fighting corruption.

Pam Bondi, was the Florida AG, who received a $25k contribution from Trump where she then dropped the case on Trump U.

Classic!
    One of the dozens, if not hundreds. of incidents and events that will be investigated the moment a Democrat sits in the White House. The Truth and Reconciliation Committee will be busy.

Probably one of the things driving the GOP Truth Filibuster - they know they are fucked if the full truth comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    If only Trump wasn't constantly breaking the law in some way. Damn those Democrats for making Trump break the law. DAMN THEM!
    Yep, the Emoluments clause has been broken since the day of his inauguration. Especially since he won't divest and put his companies in a trust.

I will remind you that asking foreign leaders to investigative corruption is not a criminal offence
    It's adorable you think Trump was doing that.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Trump: "And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling Democrats and their Constitution."

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, actually. Because this isn't a purely Ukraine problem if we believe Trump and Republicans, and this would squarely fall under the purview of the DoJ, who routinely work with foreign governments and organizations as part of their own investigations.

That you think the AG has "no business there" speaks more to your lack of knowledge about the role of the AG and the DoJ than it does about reality.
    This is absurd! What you are saying is that the DoJ need to be a participant in every investigation if an American citizen is involved in a crime in the Ukraine. The Ukrainian justice department and the DoJ can work together of course buts its not mandatory. The point is however is that trump did nothing illegal when he called for an investigation and im not going to argue with this a simple google search is sufficient

- - - Updated - - -

It's adorable you think Trump was doing that.
    Do you have any proof that trump was doing something else then?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear a beeping sound...I think Bolton is backing up the bus for another hit

Bolton Was Concerned That Trump Did Favors for Autocratic Leaders, Book Says

John R. Bolton, the former national security adviser, privately told Attorney General William P. Barr last year that he had concerns that President Trump was effectively granting personal favors to the autocratic leaders of Turkey and China, according to an unpublished manuscript by Mr. Bolton.

Mr. Barr responded by pointing to a pair of Justice Department investigations of companies in those countries and said he was worried that Mr. Trump had created the appearance that he had undue influence over what would typically be independent inquiries, according to the manuscript. Backing up his point, Mr. Barr mentioned conversations Mr. Trump had with the leaders, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey and President Xi Jinping of China.
    Last edited by D Luniz; 2020-01-28 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    One of the dozens, if not hundreds. of incidents and events that will be investigated the moment a Democrat sits in the White House. The Truth and Reconciliation Committee will be busy.

Probably one of the things driving the GOP Truth Filibuster - they know they are fucked if the full truth comes out.
    Wake me up when they finally get in the white house because that's going to take a while

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Oh there's some real gems coming out of this whole debacle.

Here's a fun experiment you can try on your Boomer "friends" at home! Bring up the fact that in the entire history of the United States, only three Presidents have ever been successfully impeached and 2/3 of them were Republicans.
    Andrew Johnson was actually a Democrat. He ran as Lincoln's VP on a unity ticket because Lincoln thought it important in the midst of the Civil War.

Yes, the witnesses from the House investigation, the heavily edited phone transcripts, hell Trump basically admitting it and in the same breath asking China to do the same thing on national television. Though of course you don't see that as evidence because to you the only thing that counts as evidence is the defendant saying "I __ __ do hereby admit full guilt to all crimes that I have been indited by a grand jury proceeding this trial" and even then you would move whatever goalpost or spin any amount of facts to say how it must be fake.

This is absurd! What you are saying is that the DoJ need to be a participant in every investigation if an American citizen is involved in a crime in the Ukraine. The Ukrainian justice department and the DoJ can work together of course buts its not mandatory. The point is however is that trump did nothing illegal when he called for an investigation and im not going to argue with this a simple google search is sufficient

- - - Updated - - -

bribery, even attempted bribery is indeed a crime, obstruction of the investigation into said crime is also an impeachable offense. Again we have bolten's first hand account, numerous witness's and Trump's own on tv confession

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I hear a beeping sound...I think Bolton is backing up the bus for another hit

Bolton Was Concerned That Trump Did Favors for Autocratic Leaders, Book Says
    Wow! Only mentions Turkey and China. Maybe this is excerpts and not the full story from Bolton, but I'm thinking Russia, Saudi Arabia and others. Heck, very chummy with N. Korea.

Actually maybe the one thing Bolton hated the most since he wants to bomb and declare war on every country mentioned. A good war to spread democracy, the Bush Doctrine.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Ok where are the facts end evidence? All the testimonies so far are second hand and speculation.
    Witnesses who have heard the incriminating telephone calls themselves have come forward and given evidence. It is now in Congressional record. And all this has been discussed at length both in the news and in this very thread. You pretending to be ignorant of those facts is bad faith posting on your part.

So, why aren't people taking the streets to pressure the Senate into calling witnesses in light of recent revelations?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    bribery, even attempted bribery is indeed a crime, obstruction of the investigation into said crime is also an impeachable offense. Again we have bolten's first hand account, numerous witness's and Trump's own on tv confession
    Oh FFS dont pin your hopes on Bolton because nothing he has said so far is either impeachable or a criminal offence. At this point the democrats are grasping at straws here ans they know it

10+ Year Old Account
    What you are saying is that the DoJ need to be a participant in every investigation if an American citizen is involved in a crime in the Ukraine.
    Oh, no, no, no. He's not saying that.

The law is. It's a requirement of our mutual legal assistance treaty with Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Witnesses who have heard the incriminating telephone calls themselves have come forward and given evidence. It is now in Congressional record. And all this has been discussed at length both in the news and in this very thread. You pretending to be ignorant of those facts is bad faith posting on your part.
    Calling for an investigation is not considered a criminal offensive or an abuse of power unless unless ill intent is behind the request . And not a single piece of evidence did that . This a dud