Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    But how trusty is a word of a man who was fired, never once said anything about the call, refused to testify in the House, and then is writing a book for financial gain? Doesn't matter if you believe him or not, you can't deny that raises red flags about his credibility.
    You're wasting your time here...these are the same people who think Avenatti and Cohen are credible. Their bubble is much too thick to allow honest and sober judgement of such things.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    You're wasting your time here...these are the same people who think Avenatti and Cohen are credible. Their bubble is much too thick to allow honest and sober judgement of such things.
    It’s hard to have a real discussion when someone posts lies continuously and ignores the facts presented that counter those lies. If you are wasting your time here, then leave the thread.

You won’t because you are only here to post lies and derail.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    As I recall, France decided to attack Libya, and requested assistance from the US. Obama respected our alliance with France.
    It was Obama's decision to engage the US in this horrific debacle....not France's.

Anyway, I'm not going to talk about this anymore in this thread. I just couldn't ignore an incredibly dishonest liberal fantasy to go unchallenged.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

This may not be good for either side. Its done now they have to call witnesses but now we all know who is going to be called and this impeachment process is going to go completely off the rail. Id expect both Biden and his son to be called. If they start with witnesses the republicans have the votes to approve anyone they want to see. If it goes down that road expect them to try to throw everyone under the bus especially if Trump starts to look bad. I don't think this goes well at this point for either side. Would you doubt they don't try to pull Obama into this now? This is why this should have never even happened. It was a huge mistake to start this and is exactly what I expect and wanted from a Trump presidency. Its going to expose Washington as nothing more than everyone for themselves from both sides and hopefully will get this country to wake up that a 2 party system doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Except a dozen other witnesses already said what Bolton is saying.

he is wasting his time, because he's full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    This may not be good for either side. Its done now they have to call witnesses but now we all know who is going to be called and this impeachment process is going to go completely off the rail. Id expect both Biden and his son to be called. If they start with witnesses the republicans have the votes to approve anyone they want to see. If it goes down that road expect them to try to throw everyone under the bus especially if Trump starts to look bad. I don't think this goes well at this point for either side. Would you doubt they don't try to pull Obama into this now? This is why this should have never even happened. It was a huge mistake to start this and is exactly what I expect and wanted from a Trump presidency. Its going to expose Washington as nothing more than everyone for themselves from both sides and hopefully will get this country to wake up that a 2 party system doesn't work.
    Nah, one of Trump's own people (again) saying that the whistleblower was right all along, that's great for the Democrats and America.

If the GOP calls Biden and his son, but not Mulvaney, Pompeo, Giuliani, Trump, and the others... then they are full of shit.

Please stick to the topic. Obama and Libya do not really belong in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are Trump's lawyers done?

Have they offered any worthwhile defense other than "fuck you, the President can do whatever he wants"?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And it wasn't to stop Ukraine from investigating his son, it was because they WEREN'T investigating Burisma like they should have.
    So Biden was saying "I'm withholding aid from your country, unless quid-pro-quo, you investigate my son's bribes HARDER."?

"Nothing in the Bolton revelations, even if true, would rise to the level of an abuse of power or an impeachable offense. That is clear from the history. That is clear from the language of the Constitution."

-Alan Dershowitz-

This is how fucking vile Trump's lawyers are. They are once again saying that the thing they've been swearing he didn't do, is fine, if he did it. We've seen this playbook, and we've seen that there is nothing that Trump could do, that would stop them from supporting him.

This is proof that they know he's a corrupt asshole, they just don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    So Biden was saying "I'm withholding aid from your country, unless quid-pro-quo, you investigate my son's bribes HARDER."?
    Evidence, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Except a dozen other witnesses already said what Bolton is saying.

he is wasting his time, because he's full of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, one of Trump's own people (again) saying that the whistleblower was right all along, that's great for the Democrats and America.

If the GOP calls Biden and his son, but not Mulvaney, Pompeo, Giuliani, Trump, and the others... then they are full of shit.
    Your right and I am betting everyone other than Trump gets called. They are going to try to muddy the waters at this point. Just start calling everyone and drag this out for weeks which hurts any senator running for nomination. Once one witness is call this process is going to grind to a screeching halt as now there will be a tit for tat. You want this person well here comes this person to muddy the waters. They are going to take a sharp right turn to what he did may not be legal but he did it for good reason look at what this person did. Its now going to last easily into late march if not april to screw Bernie and warren and go after Biden in the process. Smart play at this point and the only one the republicans have.

Your right and I am betting everyone other than Trump gets called. They are going to try to muddy the waters at this point. Just start calling everyone and drag this out for weeks which hurts any senator running for nomination. Once one witness is call this process is going to grind to a screeching halt as now there will be a tit for tat. You want this person well here comes this person to muddy the waters. They are going to take a sharp right turn to what he did may not be legal but he did it for good reason look at what this person did. Its now going to last easily into late march if not april to screw Bernie and warren and go after Biden in the process. Smart play at this point and the only one the republicans have.
    Trump should get called, but everyone knows (other than Trumpsters), that he's a shitty liar, and not believable in the slightest.

This is a huge win for the Democrats and America, if they all get called.

Democrats have no problem with this, they are getting free exposure. They get to campaign by saying they are doing one of the most important aspects of their job, holding a corrupt President accountable for his crimes. Very few Democrats will have to worry about being primaried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I'm withholding aid from your country unless you get rid of this prosecutor who isn't actually prosecuting crimes, but rather using the office to threaten prosecution to solicit bribes and political favors. The fact that he WASN'T investigating Burisma at the time was only one example of the many companies he threatened to prosecute, then backed off of once he was paid off. That's why the US, EU and many others all wanted him removed from office.

Meanwhile, the US GOP controlled Senate examined Hunter Biden's connection with Burisma, and found nothing more serious than possible nepotism.

- - - Updated - - -

"Nothing in the Bolton revelations, even if true, would rise to the level of an abuse of power or an impeachable offense. That is clear from the history. That is clear from the language of the Constitution."

-Alan Dershowitz-

This is how fucking vile Trump's lawyers are. They are once again saying that the thing they've been swearing he didn't do, is fine, if he did it. We've seen this playbook, and we've seen that there is nothing that Trump could do, that would stop them from supporting him.

This is proof that they know he's a corrupt asshole, they just don't care.
    It's the classic 5th avenue example. If Trump were to shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue, they would claim that the guy was making "furtive movements" and Trump was defending himself, or say he was a suspected terrorist, and Trump was taking him out, just like Obama did with drone strikes. Whatever it took to ensure Trump never has to have any accountability for his actions.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I'm withholding aid from your country unless you get rid of this prosecutor who isn't actually prosecuting crimes, but rather using the office to threaten prosecution to solicit bribes and political favors. The fact that he WASN'T investigating Burisma at the time was only one example of the many companies he threatened to prosecute, then backed off of once he was paid off. That's why the US, EU and many others all wanted him removed from office.

Meanwhile, the US GOP controlled Senate examined Hunter Biden's connection with Burisma, and found nothing more serious than possible nepotism.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the classic 5th avenue example. If Trump were to shoot someone in broad daylight on 5th Avenue, they would claim that the guy was making "furtive movements" and Trump was defending himself, or say he was a suspected terrorist, and Trump was taking him out, just like Obama did with drone strikes. Whatever it took to ensure Trump never has to have any accountability for his actions.
    This is something I saw the other day that made me laugh:

"If Trump went into the Senate, and shot someone, they would vote to acquit 53-47, unless he shot a Republican. Then, it would be 52-47."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is something I saw the other day that made me laugh:

"If Trump went into the Senate, and shot someone, they would vote to acquit 53-47, unless he shot a Republican. Then, it would be 52-47."
    Hah, that got me a good chuckle.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Remember, don't fall for Feinstein's bullshit, no matter CNN or Twitter tells you.
    There was no bullshit. LA Times retracted the report because they misquoted her and all she said was she was waiting until the trial was done to make up her mind.

Get outta here with this garbage. Feinstein is great.

Honestly I’m pretty OK with Biden losing the primary.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the number of people I spoke to who regarded Hillary as corrupt based on vagaries with no concrete stuff... it was a lot of people, including Democrats.
    Same - I'm for Warren or Bernie myself. The mere notion to run with a bog-standard Democrat like last time is bonkers to me. =/

And, yeah, that's the point that the GOP knows the majority of Americans pay only a cursory attention to Politics and only get their news from friends or seeing the occasional headline. Which really speaks for a huge problem in the country when 2/3rds actively avoid information gathering practices on Politics today. >_<

That's why getting hunter biden up there would be a massive mistake. It's like Hillary choosing that one doofus for VP to try to shoe up that one single red-state. Based on past logic and information, it was the smart choice - but it was obvious to everybody with half a brain that it wasn't the RIGHT choice!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...wow, I think I just lost a large amount of respect for you if you think only "trumpkins" believe she's a criminal due to the Benghazi nonsense. =/ There are people today who still believe she's some sort of Criminal.
    Oh noes...how will I survive without your utmost respect?

You know what's really interesting, I didn't say what you claimed. Not even close. Maybe check your reading comprehension next time before you start throwing out your respect?

Have you ever spoken to an indipendent? I can't tell you how many I talked to (even good friends of mine) who said they thought she was a criminal because of "all the investigations into her".
    What are you talking about? Are you having a conversation with yourself? All I said was that she gained ethos from her testimony.

The only Ethos she gained was from people who paid attention to that deposition - which was next to nobody percentage wise in regards to voters.
    So she gained ethos. That was my point. Thanks for agreeing I guess?

And you're also splitting hairs, there's a LOT of tactics the Republicans used to go after Hillary, and you, of all people, are still falling for one of them... >.>
    Awwwww, look at you being so mischieviously vague. Did you give yourself zinger points for that? Make your points or don't, but please don't lie about what I said. It's unbecoming. Someone might lose respect for you....

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What are you talking about? Are you having a conversation with yourself? All I said was that she gained ethos from her testimony.

So she gained ethos. That was my point. Thanks for agreeing I guess?
    With next to nobody, just you and me and a handful of others. With the majority of Americans she was instantly 'confirmed' a Criminal, and many still sadly believe it to this day.

My point was that throwing Hunter Biden up there would be disastrous. For every "ethos" person gained, probably 200+ people would believe "The Bidens" are criminals just by proxy of questioning. It also validates the whole Ukrane Biden BS controversy in the eyes of many, and will become a subject hammered onto Biden until the end of the election if what that happens.

As far as respect, I was speaking for myself as I put you up there with Endus for knowledge and info, which is why I PMed you a couple times prior. Not saying I lost total respect, mind you! Just saying I'm shocked you, of all people, can't see the obvious. It was actually a genuine thing as a person, not meant as a meaningless "internet insult". =/

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    It was never going to go well for either side. The Democrats were never going to get a conviction, but they did the right thing by Invoking Articles and investigating. The GOP was never going to Convict, despite obvious truths about Trump's crimes. It was always going to be a political process with the ending already decided.

However, if they go down the road of witnesses, and I cannot believe McConnell is going to allow that, then we get more testimony on record, and we get to push towards turning the Senate and defeating Trump in the election.

Impeachment was never about removing Trump, it was always about turning the Senate blue in 2021.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9308546.html

So, apparently Parnas is getting impatient. He showed up on the hill and is basically demanding that he be allowed to tell "his side" of the story to Senators.

I'm not particularly interested in what he has to say, even under oath. I'm far more interested in the documents he can provide to back up his claims.