Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if they do it the same way, no, i wouldn't. "hey china, cure that corona virus or we'll support hong kong." "hey look everyone, i got a cure for corona" same difference to me.
    Again, literally a completely different situation. You clearly didn't actually bother reading anything I wrote. Guess you're not actually interested in discussing.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    no, that's not fucked up.

that's stopping the tyranny of the majority.
    It's entirely fucked up. And you have no idea what the tyranny of the majority means. This Impeachment just goes to prove it, yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wish i could take the time to explain to you exactly how humanity works, the truth of just how low the average person is. but i'm never allowed to defend my positions or explain them thoroughly, so i'll not be doing that.
    I've actually worked in public outreach and education, so I know how utterly meritless that claim is. You're projecting, nothing more. You are that low, and can't imagine why anyone would have ethics and principles.

As for the "never allowed" nonsense; that's bollocks. Either you are, and just won't, likely because you can't. Or your justifications are so wildly objectionable to any decent human being that they're going to violate site rules against hate speech. Which would really say it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Republicans should just be publicly mocked every time they talk about law and order.
    Republicans should be tar and feathered.

Repeatedly until they get the message, and that they don't have a single clean piece of clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, literally a completely different situation. You clearly didn't actually bother reading anything I wrote. Guess you're not actually interested in discussing.
    to me, it is the same situation. i don't see a difference.

can read you just fine, you just don't understand that TO ME, there is no difference. maybe there is to you, but i do not see it.

10+ Year Old Account

can read you just fine, you just don't understand that TO ME, there is no difference. maybe there is to you, but i do not see it.
    That's nice.

Please do explain why the fact that you have an opinion means we are required to entertain it or even respect it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Then you're cheering your own ignorance. You realize that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Just ignore that troll.

Hmm, 51-49 against witnesses. Was obvious, but still very disappointing.
    Sad day for American democracy. Was nice knowing you. Last chance in 9 months, otherwise it's fascism I guess.
    The last chance has passed. The senate is about to give the president the power to cheat in elections, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's entirely fucked up. And you have no idea what the tyranny of the majority means. This Impeachment just goes to prove it, yet again.
    This is a reminder to everyone that @derpkitteh was a "bernie or buster" that raged on the forums here in 2016 to vote third party for the desire to get Trump elected so they could "Table flip" the entire country. That person sole reason complained because they wanted universal healthcare, and if that person couldn't have it - nobody would.

Everything that has happened, @derpkitteh was willingly complicit in creating all of this chaos. I haven't forgotten, and neither should anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've actually worked in public outreach and education, so I know how utterly meritless that claim is. You're projecting, nothing more. You are that low, and can't imagine why anyone would have ethics and principles.

As for the "never allowed" nonsense; that's bollocks. Either you are, and just won't, likely because you can't. Or your justifications are so wildly objectionable to any decent human being that they're going to violate site rules against hate speech. Which would really say it all.
    it would be offtopic to explain this specific thing. pms are a thing if you want that. or maybe i could make a thread on it, idk.

as to the impeachment, i've said pretty much all i have to on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The last chance has passed. The senate is about to give the president the power to cheat in elections, remember?
    I'm not entirely sure Republicans have thought that through, either.

Why are we required to accept the next election results, given that their illegitimacy has been Congressionally confirmed? They've effectively nuked the "trying to overturn the election" defense because we should be trying to overturn illegitimate elections.

As a result of this vote any Republican victories at the federal level should be considered the result of foreign interference and thus, null.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Real question, that you maybe can't answer and if that is the case you may at least think about it...
    Why do you support a fascist?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    This is a reminder to everyone that @derpkitteh was a "bernie or buster" that raged on the forums here in 2016 to vote third party for the desire to get Trump elected so they could "Table flip" the entire country. That person sole reason complained because they wanted universal healthcare, and if that person couldn't have it - nobody would.

Anything that has happened, @derpkitteh was willingly complicit in creating all of this chaos. I haven't forgotten, and neither should anyone else.
    i didn't actually vote.

but i was different in 2016, my outlook on life has pretty much swirled into doom since then. bernie's changed since then too, i wouldn't vote for him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Hell, they're about to give him the power to outright suspend elections, national interest right?

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Hell, they're about to give him the power to outright suspend elections, national interest right?
    Why not go straight to dictatorship? tRump could just say he thinks it's for public interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    I think some of the guys here need to chill with their doomsday scenarios.

All in all what is given or not given is based on existing laws - nobody will cancel elections or do anything different from what things were done. There will be plain usual elections with plain usual bullshit going on behind the scenes and so on and so forth and the party who manages to push and sell their bullshit better will win and put their puppet in the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Real question, that you maybe can't answer and if that is the case you may at least think about it...
    Why do you support a fascist?
    i don't specifically support trump. i just agree with SOME of his policies.

i just don't see that he's really done anything that especially effects the country in any negative or positive way. he's only remarkable in that he was a reality tv star before being president. the impeachment was pointless to me, because i don't think what he did mattered, not that i specifically care about the man himself.

Then you're blind, and I don't mean that as an insult.

Asking for to only announce an investigation into a political opponent is one thing.

Campaigning off of actual policy achievements is a separate thing.

If you can't understand that distinction, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong.

i don't specifically support trump. i just agree with SOME of his policies.

i just don't see that he's really done anything that especially effects the country in any negative or positive way. he's only remarkable in that he was a reality tv star before being president. the impeachment was pointless to me, because i don't think what he did mattered, not that i specifically care about the man himself.
    Then you are particularly blind. And I would not trust you alone around any sharp corners or holding anything as dangerous as safety scissors. It's honestly not going into detail. This thread and the shitshow have plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Then you're blind, and I don't mean that as an insult.

Asking for to only announce an investigation into a political opponent is one thing.

Campaigning off of actual policy achievements is a separate thing.

If you can't understand that distinction, I don't know what to tell you other than you're wrong.
    Many people in this world are dumb/ignorant for a variety of reasons. I don't think i've ever seen anyone like derp who goes out of their way to try this hard to remain ignorant.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-01-31 at 11:24 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    All in all what is given or not given is based on existing laws
    Err.... nope? US law is based on precedents. This will set a new precedent for the president to abuse his powers in elections.