New poll out this morning. CBS/Yougov poll, 55% support impeachment to 45% that don't.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-i...crats-approve/

Including 23% of Republicans are saying they approve as well.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16x0...kws8r5QBm/view
    Yougov polling and questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Can we reign in this "civil war" bullshit?

At best, it's thoroughly distracting from the topic at hand. At worst, it's complete conspiracy theory, so idiotic it wouldn't pass as the premise of a D-rate 80's action flick. Either way, it's entirely irrelevant.
    Russians help out and invade the US...wouldn't it be Orange Dawn?
    Last edited by Poopymonster; 2019-09-30 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It would be interesting to start seeing more of Trump's former people agree to testify, Trump attempting to stop them with "Executive Privilege", and they collectively saying "nope, doesn't count here - sue us if you disagree". Sort of flipping the book on Cheeto.
    You'll have it eventually. Already, Giuliani and Pompeo are in the crosshairs. The recently fired special envoy to Ukraine and Coats are likely in the list as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    New poll out this morning. CBS/Yougov poll, 55% support impeachment to 45% that don't.

Fuck, that jumped a good 8%-10% in just a week and the republican jumped what(?) 10%-13%?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Trump's base are the real problem.

If he and they threaten Civil War, then it is all the more reason to remove his sorry treasonous ass out of office.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Has this been posted yet? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN1WF1B4?il=0
    deranged old man yelling at clouds
    You'd think he'd love to go with slander here, it is his usual go to, but to skip that and about half a dozen other levels of saying "he's lying" and goes straight to fucking treason? Fucking hell.

Ya know, Monday of last week was the day that I gave up ever hoping to see anything happen to Trump that would resemble consequences for his actions. News of the whistleblower report was already circulating, but so was Nancy Pelosi's "You can leak this to the press, I will never seek impeachment!"

Hell, just last week Trump told the people working on his stupid wall to go ahead and break all the laws they want to get his wall finished by 2020 to help with his re-election, and he told them that he'd pardon all of their crimes committed in the name of his finishing his wall. That by itself was impeachable, but so were countless other things he's done. He commits impeachable acts like most people breathe, just constantly.

So I gave up, and accepted that King Trump is above the law.

Then Tuesday came, 9/24/19, roughly 5:30pm, and there Nancy was announcing his impeachment process was being started. I dismissed this and didn't even look into it until the following morning, assuming there's no way I heard her right. I imaged I'd wake up to headlines like: "Nancy Pelosi provides Trump with healthy peaches, which he immediately dipped in chicken grease, licked the grease off, then threw the fruit away!"

I didn't think I'd have any real hope of seeing Putin's Puppet ever face any consequences for his actions again after Mueller completely fumbled on the report, of which Trump was shown to have committed many counts of Obstruction, but apparently that's not good enough because it didn't fit comfortably into a sound bite.

But no, I sat there reading all about the Ukraine stuff, and then went on to watch Trump, Giuliani and all of his defenders meltdown over the course of the week as the gravity of the situation only grew out of control for them, the story moving too fast for the White House to even keep up with (and hilariously emailing what little plans they could concoct to the Democrats; I took great delight watching Bernie instantly tweet the White House strategy out to the public), and well... yeah.

I'm daring to hope again.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Typically there's a House vote to start the impeachment inquiry process ala Nixon and Clinton. Why hasn't this been done? Are some Dems afraid to have their votes on the record? I think so.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    We still don't know who the whistleblower is.

But we do know that the ICIG is a Trump appointee, who said the whistleblower's complaint was urgent and valid.

We do know Trump's previous DNI, Coats, fled the administration right after the call was made.

And we do know Trump's acting DNI, Maguire, said the whistleblower and the ICIG acted in good faith.

Trump yelling "TREASON!" is laughable. He hired everyone involved, except maybe the whistleblower. Hell, even some of the stuff Maguire said is pretty damning. "DoJ policy stopped me, my hands were tied" kind of statements.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Typically there's a House vote to start the impeachment inquiry process ala Nixon and Clinton. Why hasn't this been done? Are some Dems afraid to have their votes on the record? I think so.
    Dems would be the ones afraid? You know we've had it confirmed that if the vote was secret there would be plenty of republicans voting, but they are too spineless to go against their god king.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Dems would be the ones afraid? You know we've had it confirmed that if the vote was secret there would be plenty of republicans voting, but they are too spineless to go against their god king.
    A public vote would show us that the process isn't being corrupted for political purposes. Dems are the spineless one here...and their motives are quite clear. Fuck America. Patriots my ass.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

7+ Year Old Account
    A public vote would show us that the process isn't being corrupted for political purposes. Dems are the spineless one here...and their motives are quite clear. Fuck America. Patriots my ass.
    Lol. Glad your America hating is now for all to see. Why would Democrats need to hide their votes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Trump is asking foreign nations for favors, while representing US, then hides his calls with Putin and Saudi Arabia, while claiming that his personal interest being questioned will result in a civil war... yet... democrats are unpatriotic? Last I checked, Trump gave a speech to U.N. just last week and was very clear that seeking help from foreign nations, isn’t patriotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Lol. Glad your America hating is now for all to see. Why would Democrats need to hide their votes?
    It’s Trump vs US... the patriotic line is very clear and it’s not asking foreign nations for favors.

Edit: @DocSavageFan and for everyone using DTS... you know this is about Trump, because you use that term. You are the one tossing US under the bus to defend Trump. If you use DTS, you know this and still use America as a scape goat for Trump.
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-09-30 at 02:16 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dome Fossil View Post
    Ya know, Monday of last week was the day that I gave up ever hoping to see anything happen to Trump that would resemble consequences for his actions. News of the whistleblower report was already circulating, but so was Nancy Pelosi's "You can leak this to the press, I will never seek impeachment!"

Hell, just last week Trump told the people working on his stupid wall to go ahead and break all the laws they want to get his wall finished by 2020 to help with his re-election, and he told them that he'd pardon all of their crimes committed in the name of his finishing his wall. That by itself was impeachable, but so were countless other things he's done. He commits impeachable acts like most people breathe, just constantly.

So I gave up, and accepted that King Trump is above the law.

Then Tuesday came, 9/24/19, roughly 5:30pm, and there Nancy was announcing his impeachment process was being started. I dismissed this and didn't even look into it until the following morning, assuming there's no way I heard her right. I imaged I'd wake up to headlines like: "Nancy Pelosi provides Trump with healthy peaches, which he immediately dipped in chicken grease, licked the grease off, then threw the fruit away!"

I didn't think I'd have any real hope of seeing Putin's Puppet ever face any consequences for his actions again after Mueller completely fumbled on the report, of which Trump was shown to have committed many counts of Obstruction, but apparently that's not good enough because it didn't fit comfortably into a sound bite.

But no, I sat there reading all about the Ukraine stuff, and then went on to watch Trump, Giuliani and all of his defenders meltdown over the course of the week as the gravity of the situation only grew out of control for them, the story moving too fast for the White House to even keep up with (and hilariously emailing what little plans they could concoct to the Democrats; I took great delight watching Bernie instantly tweet the White House strategy out to the public), and well... yeah.

I'm daring to hope again.
    i am 1000% certain nothing is gonna come out of this, my pessimism is cranked to maximum. he was doing heinous shit the day he got elected, nothing will change.

(as per usual if im wrong, good shit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fundwathe View Post
    Really difficult to work out what the Democrat thinking is here.

It seems like they are determined to accuse Trump of the three crimes he isn't obviously guilty of in a legal setting where they couldn't win even if he was, thereby raising his popularity and leaving the notion in the public mind that Biden did something sleazy. I can't recall a more deranged act of electoral suicide.

It is like they want Trump re-elected or something. Is it possible they are more scared of Bernie Sanders than Trump?
    Thank you for your already debunked talking points, mr.Alt Account.

Just FYI, you're about 3 days too late with those, maybe the new talking points haven't been distributed yet or they've been sent to the House Dems by mistake again instead of the right wing shills.

Quote Originally Posted by Fundwathe View Post
    Really difficult to work out what the Democrat thinking is here.

It seems like they are determined to accuse Trump of the three crimes he isn't obviously guilty of in a legal setting where they couldn't win even if he was, thereby raising his popularity and leaving the notion in the public mind that Biden did something sleazy. I can't recall a more deranged act of electoral suicide.

It is like they want Trump re-elected or something. Is it possible they are more scared of Bernie Sanders than Trump?
    Everything you just said was beyond ignorant and bordering on conspiracy theory.

Its important that you understand the terms being used here. For example, a conspiracy theory is a belief that some covert but influential organization is responsible for a circumstance or event and is also against ToS here. Conspiracy on the other hand, is a crime and your Orange Overlord has provenly committed it for a 2nd time in using a foreign power to tamper with an election.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Support for impeachment is higher than Trumps approval ratings have ever been. Talk about a pathetic presidency.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post

That's significant. Even if you ignore the actual numbers, the same polls are showing a trend upwards in favor of impeachment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Has this been posted yet? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN1WF1B4?il=0
    deranged old man yelling at clouds
    Again we see Trump's need to lash out at anyone who doesn't do his illegal bidding. And this guy is still in the Administration, which means when he goes to testify again, he can send Executive Privilege out the window.

Trump's social media behavior alone is grounds for impeachment for him, and the complete and total destruction of any credibility for the Republican party. That any of them can even try to defend this behavior is disgusting and unamerican.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You'll have it eventually. Already, Giuliani and Pompeo are in the crosshairs. The recently fired special envoy to Ukraine and Coats are likely in the list as well.
    If the Machiavellian Moscow Mitch gets those guys all together and they tell him a story, this might be the start of the flow to impeach. @Skroe has said this several times, once Trump becomes too harmful for McConnell, he will cut ties - President Pence still gets him conservative judges and keeps Mitch from possibly losing the Senate.