Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I bet Rudy's regretting those interviews now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    I bet Rudy's regretting those interviews now.
    And I bet that Trump wish he had the same option of lead-poisining that Putin does.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/u...r-mueller.html

President Trump pushed the Australian prime minister during a recent telephone call to help Attorney General William P. Barr gather information for a Justice Department inquiry that Mr. Trump hopes will discredit the Mueller investigation, according to two American officials with knowledge of the call.

The White House restricted access to the call’s transcript to a small group of the president’s aides, one of the officials said, an unusual decision that is similar to the handling of a July call with the Ukrainian president that is at the heart of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into Mr. Trump. Like that call, the discussion with Prime Minister Scott Morrison of Australia shows the extent to which Mr. Trump sees the attorney general as a critical partner in his goal to show that the Mueller investigation had corrupt and partisan origins, and the extent that Mr. Trump sees the Justice Department inquiry as a potential way to gain leverage over America’s closest allies.
    Apparently Ukraine isn't the only country Trump is trying to pressure into working with Barr, whom he is treating as his personal lawyer, to help him politically. And apparently he's trying to hide these transcripts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, they need to pull every transcript they have moved to the more sensitive system at this point.
    Agreed. Every call with a foreign leader since he went into office, including and especially Putin, should be released to the House/Senate for review at this point.

All things considered, I have to wonder how Australia's PM will deal with this publicly. Pretty sure his constituents aren't going to be pleased.

Agreed. Every call with a foreign leader since he went into office, including and especially Putin, should be released to the House/Senate for review at this point.
    After what happened with that transcript they will claim executive privilege and hope the courts slow it down to a crawl so it doesn't get released until after the election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, they need to pull every transcript the WH has moved to the more sensitive system at this point.
    I would bet good money the CIA or some other spy agency has the transcripts because they were listening on the other side of the conversation as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yeah I kind of want Donald Trump imprisoned in Fort Leavenworth before the end of the day for that tweet.
    Why not Florence?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://twitter.com/jciv/status/1178623240161419265

Let's see what a Harvard lawyer has to say about...

Oh...well then.
    shhhhhh, only thing republicans support impeachment for is lying about getting a BJ.....but we all know what would happen if he got caught, they would flop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see if he refuses.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1WF25P

WSJ reporting (through Reuters) that Pompeo was involved with the Ukraine call.

Blah I need to unignore people to see this thread...

But yeah... Trump is probably screwed.

More is obviously going to come out. If sentiment was moving with the Ukraine issue, adding another country to that list will definitely move opinion further in favor of impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Has this been posted yet? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...KBN1WF1B4?il=0
    deranged old man yelling at clouds
    Which itself is an impeachable offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    All things considered, I have to wonder how Australia's PM will deal with this publicly. Pretty sure his constituents aren't going to be pleased.
    Lol.

The Liberal Party of Australia may as well be a resin-preserved version of the early 2000s GOP. His constituents will either think what Trump did was entirely reasonable or they will simply ignore it like they ignore every other despicable thing the Coalition does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Blah I need to unignore people to see this thread...

But yeah... Trump is probably screwed.

More is obviously going to come out. If sentiment was moving with the Ukraine issue, adding another country to that list will definitely move opinion further in favor of impeachment.
    Ukraine and Australia are almost certainly the tip of the iceberg.

Just you wait for the Russia calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giuliani formally subpoena'd.
    It was a matter of time.

Giuliani has already gone on record suggesting, if Trump won't allow it, he won't testify. I've already gone on record saying "try it, you whoresfucker sidekick".

Honestly, I'm wondering what Putin will do if those are released. I say "if" because while they should absolutely come out, I'm not putting it past Democrats to fuck up one of the most softball pitches anyone has ever received on this topic.

Never, ever underestimate the incompetence of the Democrats when it comes to playing politics. They can govern, but their political game is fucking garbage.

Again is the hilarious implication that the Mueller report was indeed damaging to Trump if he's going to these lengths.

ToTaL vInDiCaTIoN

- - - Updated - - -

Serious question:

If there are indeed damning calls with Russia...why not a similar whistleblower complaint on that front thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let's see if he refuses.
    He probably will. And the Democrat's threat of charging him and Trump with obstruction better not be an idle threat.

The MBS calls will probably screw him too, but not as badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Again is the hilarious implication that the Mueller report was indeed damaging to Trump if he's going to these lengths.

ToTaL vInDiCaTIoN

- - - Updated - - -

Serious question:

If there are indeed damning calls with Russia...why not a similar whistleblower complaint on that front thus far?
    The whistleblower might not have gotten the information for that. Or it was given to someone else that is actually still sucking the fake tanner off Trump's nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    There are only 4 answers.

1) Publicly admit Trump asked, and he agreed.
    2) Publicly admit Trump asked, but he didn't agree (including refusal)
    3) Publicly admit Trump never asked.
    4) Stay silent.

Yeah #4 makes nobody happy.

#1 will be the kiss of death for the Australian PM. He owes Trump nothing, of course, and I don't remember them getting along well. Even if it was true, he might not say #1 because of the fallout.

If he wants to stay unharmed politically, but also attack Trump, he will say #2 even if it's not true.

If he really wanted to stay politically untouched, but also not attack Trump out of fear of reprisal or something, he'd deny the call happened. Of course, if the call didn't happen, he should also do this. If he lies and claims the call exists, when it does not, he could be pressured to release the transcripts.

So we're waiting on the Australian PM to see how much he values Trump as a fellow world leader.