Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    To repeat; because there's no reason to, no requirement to, and it would not gain them anything of value.

Note that "shutting Trump up" isn't anything of value; as far as the Democrats are concerned, an angry and raging Trump is more likely to make egregious impeachment-worthy mistakes and make the case against himself even more clear. Him being angry and Tweeting madly about it is a net gain for the Democrats.

You've already been given this answer, and it was even in sources you cited, you just don't like the answer, because it doesn't give you something to justifiably complain about.
    That's not true, it would give something of value, it would stop giving Trump an excuse. So with something to gain and nothing to lose (unless she isn't confident of the vote) why not do it?

Even if they did vote on the impeachment inquiry, there would be another talking point ready to go.

So what would that accomplish anyway?

Besides, it's like when you were a child and ask your mom if can you can eat a chocolate chip cookie before dinner and she says no; that's your answer. You may not like the answer, but it is what it is.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    She called for impeachment because he commited crimes? Why the fuck you conservatives dont like accountability?
    An inquiry is ot find out IF he committed a crime, if she knew she committed a crime why not just vote for impeachment?

Again, it is not necessary to hold a vote, doesnt serve any purpose.

Conservatives, remember. 2018 HAPPENED. YOU LOST HARD THERE!
    How did I lose when I am not a Republican? Also the house historically flips after a new President, this is like being excited because you found out water is wet.

Not liking the sorry excuse of a human that Dotard Tang is, or being in opposition of his inhumane policies (like cagin children), or saying that this inflated orange ball does not represent the values that a US president should have (ha, i still remember 1973 when you orchestrated a coup here) =/= Not accepting the results. And also. 2018 happened.
    Accept those results. Impeachment is happening because 2018 happened, and Dotard Tang kept commiting crimes.
    Cool, and when it does happen ill be cheering the black eye the republicans got. Won't change my stance on believing that authoritarian progressivism is the most serious political threat to folks in the US.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That's not true, it would give something of value, it would stop giving Trump an excuse. So with something to gain and nothing to lose (unless she isn't confident of the vote) why not do it?
    You're deflecting again. You've given an answer multiple times. You choose to ignore said answer and stick to republican talking points
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    it would give something of value, it would stop giving Trump an excuse
    I see no value here.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the middle paragraph again. Because I explained why that isn't actually a gain for the Democrats.

There's nothing to gain, and it's not required. There's no reason to hold one. You don't like the answer, but that doesn't mean you get to ignore the answer.

Still doesn't answer my question why they won't hold a vote to shut Trump up. Go ahead with an answer, I'll wait
    It does, you just don't like the answer.

You continue to assert it's because they're "scared to be on the record", when I've repeatedly linked to you proof that is NOT the case, as they're almost ALL on record.

That's one talking point "destroyed with facts and logic" as they say.

Why wouldn't she? Because she doesn't have to. Because she's not going to play Trump's game just because Trump is asking for one. SHE is in charge of the House, not Trump. Se determines how they proceed, and isn't going to let a petulant man-child pathetically try to manipulate her into his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Cool, and when it does happen ill be cheering the black eye the republicans got. Won't change my stance on believing that authoritarian progressivism is the most serious political threat to folks in the US.
    Look, a deflection. 7th time, provide evidence.
    Statu quo lost.

Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    Even if they did vote on the impeachment inquiry, there would be another talking point ready to go.

So what would that accomplish anyway?

Besides, it's like when you were a child and ask your mom if can you can eat a chocolate chip cookie before dinner and she says no; that's your answer. You may not like the answer, but it is what it is.
    If would make it more official and shut Trump up that it isn't an official inquiry, you know his die hard supports will refuse to acknowledge the current one.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no "authoritarian progressivism". It's a conspiracy theory that only exists in your head.

In fact, progressive views are pretty much antithetical to authoritarianism, by definition, which you conveniently ignore; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Wrong. Please admit that you're mistaken and let's move on.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxine_Waters
    Do any of you actually read the articles you post?? Or are you just illiterate?

So, no Democrats pushed for impeachment on day one.

In feb, waters said it was a possibility, and October she said there was enough evidence. After 10 months. Not day 1.

Read the middle paragraph again. Because I explained why that isn't actually a gain for the Democrats.

There's nothing to gain, and it's not required. There's no reason to hold one. You don't like the answer, but that doesn't mean you get to ignore the answer.
    I disagree with your reason with my logical one that it would force Trump to acknowledge it's an official inquiry.

Look, a deflection. 7th time, provide evidence.
    Statu quo lost.
    The last time, i'm not in the argument you are having. /shrug
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Still doesn't answer my question why they won't hold a vote to shut Trump up. Go ahead with an answer, I'll wait
    What makes you think it would shut Trump up?

10+ Year Old Account
    If would make it more official and shut Trump up that it isn't an official inquiry, you know his die hard supports will refuse to acknowledge the current one.
    ZZZZZZZZ you refuse to acknowledge anything anyway so why bother? Trump never shuts up either, so why bother? Nothing gained, you would all find something else to whine about.
    /s

There is no "authoritarian progressivism". It's a conspiracy theory that only exists in your head.

In fact, progressive views are pretty much antithetical to authoritarianism, by definition, which you conveniently ignore; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authoritarianism
    Progressives by definition favor talking to the bases, and horizontal policy building. I dunno what this person understands for progressives. Maybe that he cannot insult POC or women, or LGBTQ people again?

10+ Year Old Account
    If would make it more official
    No. It would not. There is absolutely nothing about a House vote that would make the impeachment inquiry "more official". It's already 100% official, and you don't get "more official" than that.

and shut Trump up that it isn't an official inquiry, you know his die hard supports will refuse to acknowledge the current one.
    Why would they want to shut Trump up on this? His ranting is meaningless and he has no authority to do anything to prevent this. He can only harm himself, so let him bitch and moan.

Again; they gain nothing. They just shift him from this particular point of contention, to another one. And that's only a "maybe"; Trump's shown he's perfectly willing to keep Tweeting about completely debunked bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your fears are based in nothing but conspiracy theories, especially considering it's not "progressives" currently ignoring the rule of law and defying subpoenas.

The only authoritarian around is Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with your reason with my logical one that it would force Trump to acknowledge it's an official inquiry.
    Trump doesn't get a say in whether it's official. His opinion literally does not matter one whit. Why should we care what he thinks on the matter?

His acknowledgement is not required. They gain nothing of value by seeking it.