10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    I dont think the DOJ or the FBI have any jurisdiction in the Ukraine
    The FBI can and does work with other organizations to investigate US citizens who are acting illegally abroad. Trump should've brought these issues up through the appropriate legal channels if he felt there was something suspicious. However, as already mentioned, this has been investigated and cleared. Biden (and many EU countries) wanted Shokin removed because he wasn't investigating corruption (including Burisma). This wasn't something Biden was doing by himself, it was part of the the Obama administration's policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Because Trump wouldn't "look like twat" at all. You presume an element of fair play that would be the ultimate arbiter of the situation. It's never been true.
    LOL and democrats are all about fair play right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump would look a like a twat
    Why bother with conspiracy induced investigations when this is already true on a daily basis?

10+ Year Old Account
    They seem to be doing a much better job of adhering to the rules of the impeachment resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

LOL wrong but i didn't expect anything different from you.
    It's actually absolutely correct.

Now that witnesses and a victim to the wider effects of Trump's illegitimate and illegal bribery and extortion scheme in Ukraine have testified, now is coming the first hand witnesses and a co-conspirator to testify. I expect the third round thereafter will culminate with another first hand witness and John Bolton.

Democrats have structured the impeachment effort Swiss watchmaker-like precision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh you democrats love investigations right one more should clear his name asap.
    His name's already been cleared.

You're arguing for meritless investigations to apply partisan political pressure to harm a political enemy during an election year. That's it. That's the only reason to be pushing for another investigation into the Bidens regarding Ukraine.

Like Benghazi, the facts of the original investigation don't line up with your feels, so you ignore the facts and demand investigation after investigation, hoping the next one will line up with your feelings. The problem, of course, being that the facts are the facts, and don't change, and your feelings are simply wrong, and this is you refusing to admit that.

Which no one here will convince you of; you've decided to ignore facts that don't back up your feels. I'm only underscoring this so the rest of the community can see what you're doing.

Democrats are literally running these impeachment proceedings under rules the Republicans put in place. The only deviation is to offer the Trump White House more of a chance to argue their case and have counsel and offer a defense than Bill Clinton was afforded.

So yes. It could even be said that Democrats are being more than fair.

Meh you democrats love investigations right one more should clear his name asap.
    Like the 8 investigations on Hillary, which was done behind closed doors by Trey fucking hypocrite Gowdy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats are literally running these impeachment proceedings under rules the Republicans put in place. The only deviation is to offer the Trump White House more of a chance to argue their case and have counsel and offer a defense than Bill Clinton was afforded.

If these people were smarter, they'd have taken the Democrat leniency regarding Trump's ability to defend himself as a red flag.

Because what it actually means is that the Democrats think their case against Trump is so airtight they expect absolutely nothing exculpatory.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    If these people were smarter, they'd have taken the Democrat leniency regarding Trump's ability to defend himself as a red flag.

Because what it actually means is that the Democrats think their case against Trump is so airtight they expect absolutely nothing exculpatory.
    Yup. Exactly. But then again these are the same people who still think Donald Trump has a magic political touch and rush for his approval, when in reality he only brings death to political campaigns he touches.

We're not dealing with the best and brightest of America.

This is my favorite part of all of this. They're whinging about rules their own party created for the process. If they're unfair now, they were unfair then and folks should have been upset back then.

Trump has the most rights/protections of any president going into an impeachment inquiry so far, but that's still not enough and he's still a victim somehow and it's still somehow Democrats fault that.

It's actually absolutely correct.

Now that witnesses and a victim to the wider effects of Trump's illegitimate and illegal bribery and extortion scheme in Ukraine have testified, now is coming the first hand witnesses and a co-conspirator to testify. I expect the third round thereafter will culminate with another first hand witness and John Bolton.

Democrats have structured the impeachment effort Swiss watchmaker-like precision.
    Well lets have a reality check this will become another disappointment as big as the conclusion of the Mueller investigation . Even on the more left leaning sites there is talk about this impeachment backfiring see you in 3 weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont care i just want Biden investigated if he indeed he shielded his son. I supported the investigation of Russia collusion nonsense because i dont want a Russian asset in the white house. Dont you want to know if Biden is a corrupt hack or not?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes and people lie. and second hand sources are not solid evidence.
    I love when people say Biden should for corruption but not switch up when it's time for Trump to investigated for corruption.

Mind you Biden's involvement of the Ukraine prosecutor situation was done properly. There's a lot of layers to go through if you want show that Biden acted improperly. If Biden is in the wrong then Trump is in much bigger trouble. Since what Biden did wasn't wrong, Trump is using his presidental authority to silence political opponents, that's tyranny.

As for people lying, there so are a lot of people corroborating each other, including the president’s own words, for them to all be lying. And there's a reason why these people are cross-examined for hours, their careers combed through, subpoenaed to testimony after testimony, to establish their credibility. Can't even claim bias because so far we've seen nonpartisan civil servants, not one with political stake in any of this.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    His name's already been cleared.
    Well clear it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Exactly. But then again these are the same people who still think Donald Trump has a magic political touch and rush for his approval, when in reality he only brings death to political campaigns he touches.

We're not dealing with the best and brightest of America.
    You don't have to be the best or the brightest to know fire hot and when the building is on fire you get out of the building. What is it going to take before any GOP member with a shred of decency is going to say Hey we may need to risk a couple of minor burns here and grab the fire extinguisher before the entire thing burns to the ground?

Well clear it again.
    Sorry we're not doing the Benghazi thing. That's a GOP schtick.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well clear it again.
    Why, though?

Well lets have a reality check this will become another disappointment as big as the conclusion of the Mueller investigation . Even on the more left leaning sites there is talk about this impeachment backfiring see you in 3 weeks.
    You think the endgame here is removal?

I can assure you it most certainly is not. There is not a soul here, or in the House, and few in Anti-Trump who thinks he will be removed via this process.

That is very simply, not the point at all.

There's basically only one response worth uttering to the Trump supporters at this point.

Elections have consequences (Democrats won the House therefore...)

&

Get over it (See part 1 above)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, everyone knows that the Republican senators will put party before country.

Well clear it again.
    It's clear you're just trying to detail but I'll risk a no-no point.
    Why is it Biden? He was investigated and found clean. Great.
    If somehow Trump is cleared great! And no Mueller's "chargers weren't on the table cuz policy" and Rep senators covering for the Orange idiot don't count.
    How can you sit there and say "BIDEN NEEDS INVESTIGATED AGAIN' while ignoring the investigation going on now that honestly is no bueno for Trump