Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Lesko has been very pointedly trying to paint a different reality through any means possible.

In the first judiciary hearing, she read a quote from the call record and then ended it at the point directly before the Bidens were mentioned, and yelled "The democrats are lying, the Bidens are never mentioned in this transcript at all!"

In the debate, she then insisted okay, he was mentioned, but only at the very end! You know, he was only mentioned in the part where Trump conditioned things on a favor. About the Bidens.
    yeah she just cried about this.

@RepDLesko
    : "I have never in my entire life seen such an unfair rigged railroad job against the President of the United States."
    This is her quote on a press briefing she just did. The projection, the victimhood, the ignorance of the Constitution and law.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-i-w...180257822.html

During a Thursday night appearance on Sean Hannity’s Fox News program, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told the host that his “hope is that it will be a shorter process rather than a lengthy process.” McConnell also made clear that he was acting in lockstep with the White House.

“Everything I do during [the impeachment process], I’m coordinating with White House counsel,” McConnell said. “There will be no difference between the president’s position and our position as to how to handle this.”
    So repubs, you like to scream and cry about BIAS!!!!!!!, how about now?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

Times like this, glad I ditched the Republican party back when Trump was elected...

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

The funny thing is that we all expected it, we just thought he'd be a little more subtle. The GOP has so boldly embraced being against the will of the people, fallen so far into the black hole that is being the party of Trump, that the bad guys don't even bother putting on the ski masks when they rob the banks anymore.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    The funny thing is that we all expected it, we just thought he'd be a little more subtle. The GOP has so boldly embraced being against the will of the people, fallen so far into the black hole that is being the party of Trump, that the bad guys don't even bother putting on the ski masks when they rob the banks anymore.
    They're comfortable enough being brazenly partisan because they control just enough of government to not be held accountable in the foreseeable future. That could very well change, but the stonewalling of Election Security and Voter Expansion bills tells me they're already gunning to run on more stolen or rigged elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    They're comfortable enough being brazenly partisan because they control just enough of government to not be held accountable in the foreseeable future. That could very well change, but the stonewalling of Election Security and Voter Expansion bills tells me they're already gunning to run on more stolen or rigged elections.
    McConnell has already received a million from Russia into his PAC and 200 million in investments to his state. Not only are they banking on stealing and rigging elections, they are banking on outside help to do it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAnonymous View Post
    McConnell has already received a million from Russia into his PAC and 200 million in investments to his state. Not only are they banking on stealing and rigging elections, they are banking on outside help to do it.
    And that's what we know about. Keep in mind there is evidence out there that Trump was running a major money laundering with Russia through Deutche Bank. Who knows what other funds were pushed to key law makers.

I'm not surprised that McConnell is pushing for a swift trial - it's the best strategy to use to protect Trump from further harm.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And that's what we know about. Keep in mind there is evidence out there that Trump was running a major money laundering with Russia through Deutche Bank. Who knows what other funds were pushed to key law makers.

I'm not surprised that McConnell is pushing for a swift trial - it's the best strategy to use to protect Trump from further harm.
    I understand him pushing for a swift trial, but with how he isn't even trying to make it look even remotely fair and even bragging about it on fox, its almost like he already knows the fix is in.

Either that or he knows they are doomed anyways and just wants to rush passed it to get as much done before the door hits them on the way out anyways. Confirm more unqualified judges, change Senate rules to make it harder to get anything done after they are out of power and so on.

I'm confused why McConnell said he was coordinating with the White House. That's like a Guiliani level fuck up of saying the bad part out loud. I thought McConnell was more competent than that. Evil bastard, but competent.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I'm confused why McConnell said he was coordinating with the White House. That's like a Guiliani level fuck up of saying the bad part out loud. I thought McConnell was more competent than that. Evil bastard, but competent.
    Letting his Russian handlers know he is trying to help maybe? Maybe he doesn't have an active back channel at the moment if he is working with them as well.
    Or he knows Trumps base and is trying to play to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAnonymous View Post
    Letting his Russian handlers know he is trying to help maybe? Maybe he doesn't have an active back channel at the moment if he is working with them as well.
    Or he knows Trumps base and is trying to play to them.
    Trump's base would suck Trump's dick all day every day no matter what. Saying this out loud does nothing but hurt Trump and McConnell.

Trump's base would suck Trump's dick all day every day no matter what. Saying this out loud does nothing but hurt Trump and McConnell.
    No clue, he is smart and doesn't screw up. He is cold and calculating. There HAS to be a reason to it. Only things I can think of is either he worked with outside people illegally and is cut off form direct communication and did it to get a message out because I know he wouldn't do that to spread a message for Trump.

Either that or he is trying to play to Trump's base and thinks that will help more than it hurts, but that would be one HELL of a gamble and honestly a bad calculation.

Outside of trying to reassure an outside source, what other purpose could it be? Unless he is trying to placate the base before turning on him en mass making it look like they had no choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think McConnell said what he said in response to reports that Trump wanted a long drawn out circus, while he wanted to keep things brief. Now we are reassured that they're united in their goals to fuck over American citizens and end any claims to being a nation of laws.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's going to hold them accountable?

The Kentucky voters?? Pfffffff

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Not for him, but can hurt Trump in the election when people see how incredibly biased the "jury" is for the impeachment trial.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Call me an elitist Yankee or out of touch liberal or whatever the fuck have you, but it seems absolutely baffling to me that entire swaths of our political processes are being held hostage by some geezer from fucking Kentucky of all places.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Call me an elitist Yankee or out of touch liberal or whatever the fuck have you, but it seems absolutely baffling to me that entire swaths of our political processes are being held hostage by some geezer from fucking Kentucky of all places.
    He’s basically a dictator of the senate and wants to expand his power more.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    And who sets foreign policy? Am I missing something here?
    Yes, you are missing a lot here. You can't send your personal lawyer to bribe other countries to help against political opponents. Your personal lawyer cannot be doing work on behalf of the government. You can't hold back Congress approved money because you think they have a secret server from a past political opponent or because you are "looking for corruption" that only ends up being about one particular person, whom is your political opponent.

See all of that (and more that I'm forgetting)? You don't fucking. Do. That.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Articles of impeachment passed 23-17 in a party line vote.
    So what you're saying is one party is corrupt and doesn't support the Constitution? Good to know.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

hmf....Kentuckians Have Finally Had About Enough of Mitch McConnell

The poll showing that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the president’s most stolid defender, is down to a 18 percent job approval rating in Kentucky. Only 37 percent in the Public Policy Poll said they would vote for him again next year.

Could that be because of his stone-faced support for whatever steaming mess Trump hurls his way? The Bluegrass State is the canary in the mine for how much Trump can help, or hurt, a candidate as his impeachment looks every more likely. After two weeks of unimpeachable civil servants bearing witness to an impeachable president, clinging to Trump out of fear he will kill you if you don’t do what he says is becoming more politically perilous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    hmf....Kentuckians Have Finally Had About Enough of Mitch McConnell

The poll showing that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, the president’s most stolid defender, is down to a 18 percent job approval rating in Kentucky. Only 37 percent in the Public Policy Poll said they would vote for him again next year.

Could that be because of his stone-faced support for whatever steaming mess Trump hurls his way? The Bluegrass State is the canary in the mine for how much Trump can help, or hurt, a candidate as his impeachment looks every more likely. After two weeks of unimpeachable civil servants bearing witness to an impeachable president, clinging to Trump out of fear he will kill you if you don’t do what he says is becoming more politically perilous.
    Take those numbers with a massive grain of salt, cause it's not like they'll vote for a non Republican.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-