Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Everyone going to ignore the fact he was using single minded fury i need that in my life

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Not in the Wrath duel they didn't (sorry should have made it clear which one I meant, forgot the WOD one)!
    In the wrath mak'gora, Thrall used the elements. If you were there for the event, you'd remember him casting Lightning many times.

There are no hard rules for a mak'gora. People have used magic, they've used magical weapons, armor, no armor, etc. People heard someone say once that magic wasn't allowed and have been incorrectly parroting it ever since.

I mean, how many times has the Doomhammer been used in Mak'gora at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I mean, how many times has the Doomhammer been used in Mak'gora at this point?
    At least three. Orgrim vs. Blackhand, Garrosh vs. Thrall, and Thrall vs. Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    "A popular misconception among the fanbase is that Thrall cheated in his final mak'gora against Garrosh when he used elemental magic. However, there has never been any rule forbidding the use of magic and spells. Moreover, there is precedent for the use of magic in mak'gora, as both Shagara and Ashra made extensive use of it during their mak'gora. Thrall had also already used magic in the first mak'gora between him and Garrosh, by throwing lightning bolts. Another misconception is that Thrall became a weaker shaman after Garrosh's death because the elements felt like he used them in vengeance. In reality, it was his guilt and internal struggle that were the reason for him not hearing them anymore."

please, if you dont know shit, dont make posts...
    You can't just put quotation marks around some text and not cite the source. That's not how it works.

Not that it matters. The rules of Mak'gora are inconsistent at best, and it's clear Blizzard will continue to change them as they please to fit the scene. At this point, it's simply a duel for leadership of the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrawnBladefist View Post
    I am going to bring this up since this apparently has and probably will not be addressed.

So we have the fight with Saurfang Vs Sylvanas. Personally their is more wrong with that entire cinematic, but I want to focus on a particular point.

In Orc culture and Horde tradition it is clearly stated you cannot under any circumstances use a magical weapon in a Makrok.

Saurfang took a weapon which had magical powers coursing through it and used it against Sylvanas.
    Sylvanas used two daggers I guess you can call them.

For all purposes, Sylvanas was 100% in the right to use magic then since Saurfang shows he clearly gives no shit about the rules himself.

Not only is he a traitor, he is a hypocrite for using a dishonorable weapon in a honor duel.
    dude...facts for fiction:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mak%27gora

I am going to bring this up since this apparently has and probably will not be addressed.

So we have the fight with Saurfang Vs Sylvanas. Personally their is more wrong with that entire cinematic, but I want to focus on a particular point.

In Orc culture and Horde tradition it is clearly stated you cannot under any circumstances use a magical weapon in a Makrok.

Saurfang took a weapon which had magical powers coursing through it and used it against Sylvanas.

For all purposes, Sylvanas was 100% in the right to use magic then since Saurfang shows he clearly gives no shit about the rules himself.

Not only is he a traitor, he is a hypocrite for using a dishonorable weapon in a honor duel.
    her daggers left dark smoke in the wounds of saurfang, clearly they both brought illegal weapons to the duel.

1. Makrok
    (xD)
    2. You can use magic Mak'gora. Educate yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    both of them had magical weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by Shockramen View Post
    Everyone going to ignore the fact he was using single minded fury i need that in my life
    i miss having weapon configuration options.

10+ Year Old Account

In all your Sylvanas fangirling you seem to have failed to notice that her daggers were inflicting blackened, tainted wounds. So yeah.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

A conceptual problem in any ''honorable duel to the death without magics'' is that what we take for granted (magics of different kind) is not taken for granted by the locales). And Sylvanas herself does not exist without magic.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You can't just put quotation marks around some text and not cite the source. That's not how it works.

Not that it matters. The rules of Mak'gora are inconsistent at best, and it's clear Blizzard will continue to change them as they please to fit the scene. At this point, it's simply a duel for leadership of the Horde.
    sure i can, this is not academic writing but a goddamn internet forum

ofc, the source is https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mak%27gora, its not like there are many other lore info sources, at least not viable

Regardless, Saurfang knew exactly what he was
    doing. He knew his fate. Not only did he
    gain his honor, he exposed the witch for what
    she is and gained the respect of all horde and
    even the foresaken. That’s the story, regardless of what the Sylvanas fanboys believe

10+ Year Old Account

Who cares?

The point was never to win, Saurfang knew that he would lose. The point was to expose her because Sylvannas can play 4D chess and still be a dumb dumb and say something that exposed her completely.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    i dont think that magic rule exists. also, by that point sylvanas didnt give a shit about playing fair and blew saurfang up as a big fuck you to everybody.
    100% it does.

mak'gora

Just look it up. The rules seem to change a tiny bit, but in essence, its just a weapon and your armor.

Much like Thrall cheated vs Garrosh, Sourfang* started the cheating here. And got what was coming to him.

Op using headcanon. Nothing to see here.

Makgora's rules have been as consistent as undead mortality... which is to say not at all.

some restricted number of weapons or armor. Some have restricted use of magic. Some have enitrely disregarded established rules...it's just whatever the plot demands.

They both broke the rules at the start of the duel by wearing clothes.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..