WOTLK - Classic ++
    Cata - Classic +++
    MoP - Classic ++++
    [Missing and deleted from Imperial records]
    Legion - Classic +++++
    BFA - Classic ++++++
    there we go

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    The difference is, current Activision Blizzard attempts to utilize social psychology to bring in new subscribers and keep existing ones, a practice which ends up majorly affecting game systems in a horrendously negative way. Old Blizzard just cared about making good games that people wanted to play.

Old Blizzard no longer exists. The Shareholders have the reigns now. So many discussions on this forum about Classic+, all wasted breath. Old Blizzard is gone.
    You know Vivendi owned Blizzard during what you think of as a golden age, hum? That was a prettty predatory company too.

there is 0% at this moment in time classic+ will happen, it needs micro transactions.
    there is no tokens
    there no store mounts
    there no paid features
    until you see any of those you wont see classic+ get funding for new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    You know Vivendi owned Blizzard during what you think of as a golden age, hum? That was a prettty predatory company too.
    Feel free to read The WoW Diary, Vivendi owned Blizzard but Blizzard had full creative control the entire time. Vivendi had zero voice, as long as Blizzard was doing well, they were two separate companies.

Quote Originally Posted by godgames4 View Post
    there is 0% at this moment in time classic+ will happen, it needs micro transactions.
    there is no tokens
    there no store mounts
    there no paid features
    until you see any of those you wont see classic+ get funding for new content.
    What are subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    What are subscribers?
    god how i wished subs even mattered any more to blizzard and was not only still just there to double dip while they have micro transactions

ea/activision/2k all cancer company's

10+ Year Old Account
    Porting TBC and WoTLK will still be substantially more economically viable.
    That's true but doesn't preclude the other. I tend to think that actual new content in the form of zones, quests and maybe even resurrecting a dungeon or two set in the classic design and framework would easily pay for itself in additional subscriptions within a month or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Devs have already said they will not be creating anything for Classic. They will be keeping it the "vanilla experience" with no plans of changing it. So Classic+ will never happen if you take what the devs say to heart.
    It's true, they have. But they have apparently also underestimated--in the short term at least--the popularity of Classic. I don't know that they will change their minds but if they decide there's a profit to be made they certainly could. It's not some pie-in-the-sky thing. Very low probability of it happening and certainly not for a long time, certainly longer than a year but if the last couple of years has taught us anything at all it's that developers can change their minds if they have a good reason to do so.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's true but doesn't preclude the other. I tend to think that actual new content in the form of zones, quests and maybe even resurrecting a dungeon or two set in the classic design and framework would easily pay for itself in additional subscriptions within a month or two.

- - - Updated - - -

It's true, they have. But they have apparently also underestimated--in the short term at least--the popularity of Classic. I don't know that they will change their minds but if they decide there's a profit to be made they certainly could. It's not some pie-in-the-sky thing. Very low probability of it happening and certainly not for a long time, certainly longer than a year but if the last couple of years has taught us anything at all it's that developers can change their minds if they have a good reason to do so.
    Well the comments they made about not changing Classic happened like...uh...like a week and a half ago? It was definitely after seeing how popular the opening of Classic servers were. I'd need to look through MMo-champion posts to see when exactly it was said.

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    Nothing keeps people around like new content.

Nothing drives people out like content drought.
    Which is why there were NO pservers and NO demand for Classic.....oh...wait...
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

- - - Updated - - -

lol people need to get it out of there mind that subs pay for new content. hint hint they dont, they only have them still there to line the pockets of shareholders and nothing more. only micro transactions do they call it whaling for a reason you know

subs with no direct access to micro transactions in activision eyes are useless whales and really nothing more. if you really want new content for classic start asking for tokens and such now so papa activision starts getting there harpoons ready for whaling.

Thankfully you don't decide whether it will or won't. I can tell you why Blizzard might be open to doing it.

$$$

And they don't care if the dev team gets stretched thin between Classic + and Retail. Working for Blizzard is a privilege in the stockholders' eyes.

The difference is, current Activision Blizzard attempts to analyze human psychology to bring in new subscribers and keep existing ones, a practice which ends up majorly affecting game systems in a horrendously negative way. Old Blizzard just cared about making good games that people wanted to play.

Old Blizzard no longer exists. The Shareholders have the reigns now. So many discussions on this forum about Classic+, all wasted breath. Old Blizzard is gone.
    Old Blizzard was not independently owned and very much cared about making money. Old devs moved on which means different minds in terms of game design.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

The entire point of Classic is to preserve patch 1.12.

"classic+" goes against that.

If you want new content and development and changes, go play retail.

Too soon to tell...

We might learn something more at Blizcon.

Blizzard will only have enough information for such a thing after the next expansion. Then they'll have actual metrics to see how many people are consistently playing Classic, how many are actively and consistently playing the new expansion, and send out questionnaires to see what people are interested in.

Going the TBC and WotLK route is cheaper, absolutely. But they also have the option and the ability to do both. Continue along those expansions and do something akin to Classic+. They can keep costs down by keeping to the Classic methodology. No voiceovers, no FMV, reuse assets, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestoras View Post
    Too soon to tell...

We might learn something more at Blizcon.
    Blizzcon 2021 being honest. There's a distinct possibility that most everyone raging about the idea today might rethink after 12 months of same-old, same-old. We'll see. Gotta love the absolutist positions that people take about everything.

I'm very much on the fence where it says "They might if Classic sustains itself for a while." They've got scraps of things they've never used that they would work into something. How people return for future phases will be meaningful.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-09-25 at 12:26 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    This... really warranted its own thread? I sure as Hell don't want a Classic+. I'm glad that shit-show will never see the light of day.
    Do you have any source on this, or did you really mean to say that you hope that it won't see the light of day?

It won't happen, because the idea sucks balls

When Classic is dead, please move on to TBC, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Which is why there were NO pservers and NO demand for Classic.....oh...wait...
    Yeah, pservers where they paid sub... Oh... Wait...