View Poll Results: Do you think Trump betrayed the U.S.?

Voters
120. This poll is closed
  • Heck yea he did!

85 70.83%
  • Nope.

22 18.33%
  • Borderline betrayal.

13 10.83%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think betrayal requires the specific definition of treason. He's soiled our government like a baby soiling a diaper. That's enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

No, he didn't. Apparently asking for corruption to be investigated is betraying the US in the eyes of the swamp creatures in the Dem Party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Most of them have did it. Obama just bought a 14 million dollar homestead. How do you think he got that much money? They sell books, give speeches after they have left office is one way. So they certainly are using the time they were Presidents to get richer.
    Not about that now is it?
    He held up military aid that the pentagon approved of...then refused to take calls from the Ukraine unless Biden would be the subject of such calls.
    $250 million of your tax money...(overall aid package is worth 1.5 billion)

Your tax money for a favor that was to help him in the 2020 election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    No, he didn't. Apparently asking for corruption to be investigated is betraying the US in the eyes of the swamp creatures in the Dem Party.
    yeah... a favor for your money....to help him in the 2020 election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    I'm not arguing with what you are suggesting, but just asking for a favor is far from treason as Orbitus seems to think.
    I’m not arguing, I am asking 2 questions. If you answer those two questions, the reason Orbitus and many others think it’s extortion should become clear. Give it a shot...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'm not arguing with what you are suggesting, but just asking for a favor is far from treason as Orbitus seems to think.
    We need to stop throwing around the treason word in this thread. It has a specific meaning in US law that isn't applicable to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I don't think betrayal requires the specific definition of treason. He's soiled our government like a baby soiling a diaper. That's enough.
    He asked for a personal favor, while representing the US. I have to sign something every fucking year that literally states I cannot do that at my job... and I’m just IT...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He asked for a personal favor, while representing the US. I have to sign something every fucking year that literally states I cannot do that at my job... and I’m just IT...
    Every job says you're not allowed to accept bribes. Even the baggers at your local grocery store have that somewhere in the papers they sign on hiring.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    for the people that have forgotten.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8-jw8WW4AErKk7.png

The president swear an oath to protect the constitution, the law of the land. Of course he has betrayed his oath.

I don't think he is anti constitution per se, just, he is thinking like a CEO trying to get ahead in the competition, thinking if he gets caught, he'll just pay a fine (or lawyers to fight the case). Regardless, he's definitely not what you looking for in a public servant, he just want to enrich himself.

7+ Year Old Account
    C
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Most of them have did it. Obama just bought a 14 million dollar homestead. How do you think he got that much money? They sell books, give speeches after they have left office is one way. So they certainly are using the time they were Presidents to get richer.
    AFTER THEY LEFT OFFICE.

Are you that assimilated to the trumpian cause?

7+ Year Old Account
    You said it wasn’t extortion. Not that it wasn’t treason. You should edit your post to hide your goal-post moving.

It's actually not either, thanks.
    "I won't release the aid promised you unless you do me a favor."

Your logic is indeed different from Earth logic.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Surely you can show us in the memo where he said that...
    I see the GOP finally got the talking points out to the right people.

What's truly sad is that the Trumpkins ignore the fact that Trump already admitted he did it, then released the documents that proved it. Everything else is just bonus. But please, continue on with the deflecting and obfuscation.

I'm looking forward to a time when we can answer former Trumpkins with "nope, sorry, your point doesn't even get consideration because you backed the lying con man crime boss traitor Trump".

Surely you can show us in the memo where he said that...
    “We want to make sure that country is honest. It’s very important to talk about corruption. If you don’t talk about corruption, why would you give money to a country that you think is corrupt?”
    “It’s very important that, on occasion, you speak to somebody about corruption,” he said, moments after telling journalists: "Let me just tell you — let me just tell you. What Biden did was wrong."

Donald J. Trump - 9/23/19

So you can't...k thanks.
    ROFLMAO thanks for playing Donald Trump and Rudy Guliani are making giant sized holes in your defense.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let the hate flow through you
    I thoroughly enjoy when you Trumpkins punt in an argument. Get used to that, too. Because this Impeachment isn't going to get better for Trump. The con man traitor is going to have a lot of ranting nights in his near future. And betrayal will be some of the nicest things said about Trump.

Asking for a favor is not extortion. Are you fucking high?
    It is if he is withholding the money that congress gave him, using bullshit reasons like "interagency error" and that "Europe should be helping them, not us", even though Trump has NO SAY on whether they get the money or not.

But even without the money, is STILL FUCKING ILLEGAL. So, of the 2 of us, I am not the one that is high.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    It was already investigated and cleared. Want to use the next stupid talking point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let the hate flow through you
    Since you are giving people shit for not answering to your preference... want to take another shot at these?

Why is president of US asking for a personal favor from a foreign leader, while representing US? Why can’t the president of US launch the investigation?
    Because when you don’t answer, while even responding to say you won’t, it makes me want to say one thing to you mocking others... ditto...

I didn't actually know that example. I was trying to say "I'm not sure he's been demonstrated to have committed treason, but I don't think that standard needs to be met for me to say that he's betrayed the US by being a horrible president in every other sense."

Now apparently he HAS committed treason, which only makes it worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

No, betraying your country is rare among presidents and it includes things like giving money to foreign governments to delay their nuclear programs so the next president has to clean up their mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    No, betraying your country is rare among presidents and it includes things like giving money to foreign governments to delay their nuclear programs so the next president has to clean up their mess.
    Donald Trump used his office to self deal. In the call and actions with Ukraine, he used the country's national interests - bolstering Ukrainian security to ward off Russian aggression - as leverage to advance his personal interests (political dirt on his likely election rival). This is extortion. This is bribery. Bribery is named in the Constitution as an impeachable offense.

Donald Trump also admitted to it. The question isn't if he is guilty. The question is what we're going to do about it.

Did Donald Trump commit "treason". No. That's explicitly defined for a reason. But he did commit a moral betrayal of the country. Acting in his capacity as President in communications with a forum leader, he advanced his own interests, not the country. That is betrayal of the trust placed in him in having that office, and it is why he can't have it anymore. It is why impeachment and his removal is a MORAL imperative.

And you trying to call the Iran Deal a "betrayal" by Obama - a deal I did not support, mind you - is perhaps the most ridiculous thing you've said in a long time.

Your President is getting impeached and we this power of his administration is already broken. Sweet sweet justice.

You better start watching this video a lot.