Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Any time on Twitch?

I've been on Twitch since 2013 and never heard of this guy until WoW classic forums started to spam about him. All I know is that's he's some retail player streamer that now play Classic and people freak out about it.
    considering he has that many followers if you go into the wow channel anytime he was on you would easily see, i dont follow him and even his youtube channel gets put in the list on the right occasionally when looking at anything to do with games
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any time on Twitch?

I've been on Twitch since 2013 and never heard of this guy until WoW classic forums started to spam about him. All I know is that's he's some retail player streamer that now play Classic and people freak out about it.
    He has more concurrent viewers than all other WoW streamers combined. Anytime you ever see WoW as the number 1-2 game on twitch, he is streaming. He literally has not even started his stream today and he is number 1 in WoW with 10k viewers.
    Last edited by ghotihook; 2019-09-30 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any time on Twitch?

Then you're blind if you paid any sort of attention to WoW on Twitch the past couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    He has more concurrent viewers than all other WoW streamers combined. Anytime you ever see WoW as the number 1-2 game on twitch, he is streaming. He literally has not even started his stream today and he is number 1 in WoW with 10k viewers.
    Because he's a troll and trolls flock to trolls.

15+ Year Old Account
    All he's ever done is make a lot of noise, throw a lot of tantrums and spam YouTube with shitty reaction videos that capitalise on content that other, better people have made

People love watching guilty-pleasure trash - Asmongold is the streamer version of The Bachelor.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because he's a troll and trolls flock to trolls.
    That wasn't addressed to you...that was addressed to someone who said they have been on twitch since 2013 and have never heard of him. I call BS, cause anyone who watches any WoW stream has at least heard of him. It's irrelevant if they think he is good content or not.

That wasn't addressed to you...that was addressed to someone who said they have been on twitch since 2013 and have never heard of him. I call BS, cause anyone who watches any WoW stream has at least heard of him. It's irrelevant if they think he is good content or not.
    I've been a part of Twitch since 2016. The only people who watch Asmongold regularly are trolls like him.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a part of Twitch since 2016. The only people who watch Asmongold regularly are trolls like him.
    Again irrelevant.

Again irrelevant.
    ....How is it irrelevant? That's the vast majority of his fan base. So unless people want a massive troll to be the face of Classic, he isn't the face.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ....How is it irrelevant? That's the vast majority of his fan base. So unless people want a massive troll to be the face of Classic, he isn't the face.
    Jesus dude, read my first post again. Someone said they have been on twitch since 2013. Their statement was that they have never heard of the guy.
    My statement was they are lying. There is no way they watch WoW streams and have never heard of the guy. I don't give a fuck if he or the people that watch his stream are trolls.

Jesus dude, read my first post again. Someone said they have been on twitch since 2013. Their statement was that they have never heard of the guy.
    My statement was they are lying. There is no way they watch WoW streams and have never heard of the guy. I don't give a fuck if he or the people that watch his stream are trolls.
    To be honest, I didn't hear about him either until paying attention to these forums in July. And I've been on Twitch since 2016, as I said.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    That guy shouldn't even be the face of his own damn face.

Asmongold is the face of Classic the way he was for BFA -- he's got a community of followers who goose his number and they're watching him more for the drama than for the game itself.

he's tried other games but wasn't as good at them. (particularly Dark Souls). part of his schtick is the multiplayer aspect and being able to interact with other players. solo games dont' allow him that, and other MMOs have a fraction of the population.

I'm just hoping his officer gets banned for ninja looting from close friends after telling everyone to greed. Dude even publicized it on a stream with a ridiculous speech and bought the epic mount after selling it.

That will definately promote terrible behaviour across the board if not addressed.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I didn't hear about him either until paying attention to these forums in July. And I've been on Twitch since 2016, as I said.
    Well his popularity didn't boom until Classic WoW, a month ago. What we are talking about is right now. Not if you knew about him 3 years ago. My statement still stands. There isn't a single person who watches WoW twitch streams right now, that doesn't at least know who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Asmongold is the face of Classic the way he was for BFA -- he's got a community of followers who goose his number and they're watching him more for the drama than for the game itself.

he's tried other games but wasn't as good at them. (particularly Dark Souls). part of his schtick is the multiplayer aspect and being able to interact with other players. solo games dont' allow him that, and other MMOs have a fraction of the population.
    He sucks at single player games because there's nobody for him to manipulate and carry him through shit.

I mean, i watch his streams quite often, but in "seasons". For example his last 2 streams were very uninteresting, who cares about guild drama ... or watching him raid...

Now when Asmongold and McConnelret is by far the biggest face for Classic, you can see this by twitch viewers dropping like 90% when he goes offline.

I believe it's good for classic as he seems to care most by community and game.

I've been on Twitch and its predecessor for slightly less than two decades, played WoW hardcore 2010-2014 and I've never heard of him until last summer. I think you're terribly small-minded here. Not everybody watches streams by mass popularity, in fact those with smaller viewer bases often offer more solid content and points of view outside the box. It's like claiming Hollywood superhero-movies are masterpieces because they're entertaining for people with low intelligence.

Regarding Asmongold and the thread overall, it's like watching a news reel of the past week - the guy is literally ripping off other people's creations and not once have I felt like he has provided anything new to the big picture. Surely the face of the casual mass community but absolutely boring person without an agenda of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    I've been on Twitch and its predecessor for slightly less than two decades, played WoW hardcore 2010-2014 and I've never heard of him until last summer. I think you're terribly small-minded here. Not everybody watches streams by mass popularity, in fact those with smaller viewer bases often offer more solid content and points of view outside the box. It's like claiming Hollywood superhero-movies are masterpieces because they're entertaining for people with low intelligence.

Regarding Asmongold and the thread overall, it's like watching a news reel of the past week - the guy is literally ripping off other people's creations and not once have I felt like he has provided anything new to the big picture. Surely the face of the casual mass community but absolutely boring person without an agenda of his own.
    Try say that to his face cause his face aint listening.

Burned.