Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Definitely not the face of anything except the strange “I watch other people play games” crowd. A lot of these streamers have hilariously poor knowledge of the game and are typically mediocre players.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Why you hate him so much? Did he kill you while questing or something?

This obsession with someone you have never met is quite interesting.
    wat

Who?

This weird obsession with whatever Twitch is is truly, truly sad. That's the site that lets you watch other people play video games, right? Yeah. Fucking sad. Somehow even sadder than spectator sports, as at least those require some level of personal skill that most people don't possess.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Who?

This weird obsession with whatever Twitch is is truly, truly sad. That's the site that lets you watch other people play video games, right? Yeah. Fucking sad. Somehow even sadder than spectator sports, as at least those require some level of personal skill that most people don't possess.
    Yes rather post your meaningful opinion on an online forum for video games. Time well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    So you are completely fine that Asmongold is the face of twitch?

It's not a big issue really but at the same time i would feel better if someone like XQC or Mitch Jones would be better for the community as they bring alot of interesting parts to the community.
    What do they bring? You can't just say they bring something, but don't actually expand upon that thought. Makes passerby's think you are just saying words to say words, with no meaning to them.

Why the fuck would he represent me?

I watched asmongold for 5 minutes and switched. Hes a moron. I do enjoy watching esfand or payo on occasion.

Swifty is also painful to watch. Seems like a nice guy and all but so effing dumb, i get physical pain watching.

Yes rather post your meaningful opinion on an online forum for video games. Time well spent.
    Yes, actually using my abilities in my off time is, in fact, time well spent. As opposed to drooling like a neanderthal watching someone else push buttons that, apparently, are too hard for you yourself to push.

It's amazing how some people don't get the difference there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Are you worried that you'll tell your friends you play classic, and they'll be all "Ewwww asmon plays that". I can't think of anything else.
    Then you're not thinking very hard. Whatever the case, that's not it. If any of my actual friends had heard of Asmongold I'd be shocked. And frankly, I don't give one single fuck about what people think I do with my spare time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yes, actually using my abilities in my off time is, in fact, time well spent. As opposed to drooling like a neanderthal watching someone else push buttons that, apparently, are too hard for you yourself to push.

Imagine pressing buttons in your free time.. Fucking sad.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Walk your own path.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    So you are completely fine that Asmongold is the face of twitch?

It's not a big issue really but at the same time i would feel better if someone like XQC or Mitch Jones would be better for the community as they bring alot of interesting parts to the community.
    You kidding me Mitch Jones. What a toxic piece of garbage

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Then you're not thinking very hard. Whatever the case, that's not it. If any of my actual friends had heard of Asmongold I'd be shocked. And frankly, I don't give one single fuck about what people think I do with my spare time.
    Tells me im not thinking hard, does not give an example.

Again, why do you think its potentially problematic that Asmon is the "face" of classic. What practical meaning does that lead to? Giving a fuck about what people think you do with your spare time is the only answer I can think of. (To be clear, I agree with you on the type of person he is).
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2019-09-25 at 11:39 PM.

Imagine pressing buttons in your free time.. Fucking sad.
    ; wat.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not know, because I do not watch streamers play a game. I would rather just play the game myself, then watch someone else play the game and give their own opinion good or bad about the game they continue to play. I see no point in watching people play a game, especially when they don't play the game the same way I choose to play the game. If you or anyone else wish to have this clown as the face of the game. Enjoy, I would rather not bother worrying about some who does not have my best interest. From what I have read, Asmongold is both a waste of time and space.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    He's a guy with a niche job who caters to a niche group of people that want to watch someone playing the niche version of an already niche game.

His reach isn't very broad in the grand scheme of things, and he isn't "the face" of anything.
    if anything the layers of niche are exactly what makes him the poster child

Daaamn. AsmonGod has this lil nerd SHOOK
    Last edited by Skillslam; 2019-09-25 at 11:52 PM.

Why do you care? Does what this guy says or do in a video game have any bearing on your family, your job, your real life?

Who?

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you're right. These are billion dollar industries. And some streamers make more in a month than most people will see in 10 years. There are a lot of good people that make their living off of playing video games while others watch. I don't know if I'd include Asmon in that crowd, but there are a lot of people that would.

As far as the topic of the thread, Asmon has a following for a reason. He is good at explaining and articulating what is on his mind. No one is saying he is the most talented at the game, but he has qualities of an entertainer that people find appealing.

Is he the new face of Twitch, or the face of WoW, or Classic? Maybe. Nobody is forcing you or your friends to support him, nor are the forcing you to support any streamer. Hell, no one is forcing you to support the video games you play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Again, why do you think its potentially problematic that Asmon is the "face" of classic. What practical meaning does that lead to? Giving a fuck about what people think you do with your spare time is the only answer I can think of. (To be clear, I agree with you on the type of person he is).
    I thought I had laid it out in my original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I think he's shallow, unfunny, has very little in the way of good information to impart about the game and generally is pretty representative of that sort of video culture.
    It's only my personal opinion but I don't think that someone like that is a good representative to the general public for the game. I've watched him and I don't see it. That's fine.

I'm old enough to be retired. I'm old-fashioned in many ways. But I'm also old enough to not really give a damn about what other people think. In case you haven't heard, there's a large and growing market for WoW among retirees and the game's demographic skews quite a bit older than Asmongold's demographic. It's an inexpensive way to spend a lot of hours. None of us are particularly worried that our friends or family know that we play video games. Hell, I've had my grown daughter on my bnet list since it's existed. It's not an issue. Worrying about what my friends might think really sounds immature and prepubescent.

I could be the only person on the planet that feels this way and that's OK. I'm comfortable with it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."