Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Jurassic World 3: Dominion

They will add the old team to the next jw movie. Dr.Alan Grant, Purple-hair angry star wars lady, Life finds a way

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8041270/

Director: Colin Trevorrow
    Writers: Emily Carmichael (screenplay by), Colin Trevorrow (screenplay by), Derek Connolly (story by)

Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill are returning to the world of the dinosaurs in the upcoming “Jurassic World 3.”

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/l...-3-1203348571/
    By Dave McNary - SEPTEMBER 24, 2019 11:06PM PT

The trio, who all appeared in the original “Jurassic Park” in 1993, will reprise their roles in the third chapter in Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment’s “Jurassic World” franchise. Dern will play Dr. Ellie Sattler, Neill will portray Dr. Alan Grant and Goldblum will return as the wisecracking Dr. Ian Malcolm.

Colin Trevorrow is returning to direct with Chris Pratt returning as dinosaur handler Owen Grady and Bryce Dallas Howard as dinosaur rights activist Claire Dearing. The castings of Dern, Goldblum and Neill were announced Tuesday night at a special Arclight Hollywood screening of “Jurassic World” when Trevorrow brought out Dern during the Q&A portion.

Steven Spielberg and Trevorrow return to executive produce. Producers Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley once again partner with Spielberg and Trevorrow.

Emily Carmichael, whose credits include “Pacific Rim: Uprising,” has written the “Jurassic World 3” screenplay with Trevorrow. They worked off a story by Derek Connolly and Trevorrow, who together co-wrote “Jurassic World” and “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.”

Trevorrow directed 2015’s “Jurassic World,” which went on to gross $1.67 billion worldwide. J.A. Bayona directed “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,” which took in $1.3 billion worldwide. “Fallen Kingdom” ended with freed dinosaurs roaming the wilderness. Universal has not yet disclosed plot details for “Jurassic World 3.”

Universal has already set a June 21, 2021, release date for “Jurassic World 3.” Universal’s Senior Vice President of Production Sara Scott is overseeing production on behalf of the studio.

Dern is represented CAA and Untitled Entertainment; Neill is Curtis Brown Group Ltd, ICM Partners and Shanahan Management; Goldblum is represented by ICM, Industry Entertainment and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Kaller & Gellman L.L.P.

Battle at Big Rock | An All-New Short Film | Jurassic World

Jurassic World
    Sep 16, 2019

Watch the all-new short film Battle at Big Rock now.

BATTLE AT BIG ROCK is an all-new short film directed by Colin Trevorrow, written by Trevorrow and Emily Carmichael.

The short takes place one year after the events of the last Jurassic World film in Big Rock National Park, where dinosaurs are now living in our world. The story follows a family of four whose encounter with these wild animals becomes a terrifying fight for survival.

Starring: André Holland, Natalie Martinez, Melody Hurd, Pierson Salvador

The Prologue - Jurassic World Dominion

Jurassic World
    Nov 23, 2021

This original 5 min prologue to Jurassic World Dominion, directed by Colin Trevorrow, rockets audiences back 65 million years into the past to experience the world before humans existed—and offers a glimpse of a world in which dinosaurs are living among us.

The story will continue in theaters this Summer.

Jurassic World Dominion | Trailer 2 [HD]

Universal Pictures
    Apr 28, 2022

This summer, experience the epic conclusion to the Jurassic era as two generations unite for the first time. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are joined by Oscar®-winner Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill in Jurassic World Dominion, a bold, timely and breathtaking new adventure that spans the globe.

From Jurassic World architect and director Colin Trevorrow, Dominion takes place four years after Isla Nublar has been destroyed. Dinosaurs now live—and hunt—alongside humans all over the world. This fragile balance will reshape the future and determine, once and for all, whether human beings are to remain the apex predators on a planet they now share with history’s most fearsome creatures.

Jurassic World Dominion, from Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment, propels the more than $5 billion franchise into daring, uncharted territory, featuring never-seen dinosaurs, breakneck action and astonishing new visual effects.

The film features new cast members DeWanda Wise (She’s Gotta Have It), Emmy nominee Mamoudou Athie (Archive 81), Dichen Lachman (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Scott Haze (Minari) and Campbell Scott (The Amazing Spider-Man 2). The film’s returning cast includes BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu, Justice Smith as Franklin Webb, Daniella Pineda as Dr. Zia Rodriguez and Omar Sy as Barry Sembenè.

Jurassic World Dominion is directed by Colin Trevorrow, who steered 2015’s Jurassic World to a record-shattering $1.7 billion global box office. The screenplay is by Emily Carmichael (Battle at Big Rock) & Colin Trevorrow from a story by Derek Connolly (Jurassic World) & Trevorrow, based on characters created by Michael Crichton. Jurassic World Dominion is produced by acclaimed franchise producers Frank Marshall p.g.a. and Patrick Crowley p.g.a. and is executive produced by legendary, Oscar®-winning franchise creator Steven Spielberg, Alexandra Derbyshire and Colin Trevorrow.

Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment present, in association with Perfect World Pictures, a Colin Trevorrow film. jurassicworld.com
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-06-11 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The one thing I liked about the second one is that there are so many routes they can go now with different stories, there's room for spin-offs, series, etc because of the choice they made with the plot towards the end of the movie.
    The world building potential is crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    If we don't have a plot about dinosaurs being used as weapons of war, I'll be upset. Pterodactyl bombers, velociraptors and/or other meat-eating dinosaurs with machine guns attatched to them, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    If we don't have a plot about dinosaurs being used as weapons of war, I'll be upset. Pterodactyl bombers, velociraptors and/or other meat-eating dinosaurs with machine guns attatched to them, etc.
    I'm now picturing a raptor with a back pack that has a large antenna and a pair of gyroscope stabilized machine guns,that way the raptors handler can issue new orders and provide ranged offense/defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    [video=youtube;C7kbVvpOGdQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7kbVvpOGdQ[video]
    This is all that little kid from ending of JW2, fault!
    1. Holy moly, that is a nice short film.
    2. Indeed, I hope she suffered some sort of punishment for her sheer and utter stupidity.
    3. My thoughts on the announcement of this 3rd installment is, well, after JW2 Fallen Kingdom being such a crapshoot (although, it does have its moments, and is good for world building), ahem... "How many times must we teach you this lesson, old man?"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The one thing I liked about the second one is that there are so many routes they can go now with different stories, there's room for spin-offs, series, etc because of the choice they made with the plot towards the end of the movie.
    The world building potential is crazy
    The problem is that you just know this new movie will have some plot point of exploiting the Dinosaurs for financial gain, because it's the main plot point in every. single. movie in the franchise. I mean, I'll be honestly surprised if JW3 doesn't have that plot point, but I am not going to hold my breath.

I don't see how dinos would be useful weapons. Most modern, conventional weapons would put them down pretty quick.

Jesus Christ let it die already. I couldn't even get through the second Jurassic World movie with it's save the animals bullshit.

Hollywood is for the bin

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't see how dinos would be useful weapons. Most modern, conventional weapons would put them down pretty quick.
    We probably looking at an American government that is so bogged down in bureaucratic red tape that it cannot even mount a seemingly obvious response to the dinosaur threat. Environmentalists or save-the-animals types run Washington DC and/or most federal regulatory agencies. The military initially implemented a plan to cleanup the dinosaurs but after the first 30 minutes, there were a thousand lawsuits filed in federal court by bureaucrats to stop it and an injunction was filed. The military's hands are now 100% tied by the 9th circuit and America is slowly battling it out in the courts while dinosaurs eat people. TV shows like the View bring on celebs like Bindi Irwin (Steve Irwins daughter) who are paraded out to viewers to make the case for protecting the animals or building a huge sanctuary for them in the midwest which will take 30 years. Coverage of people getting eaten is swept under the rug and not broadcast on major networks. Youtube and twitter ban accounts that show video of dinosaurs attacking people. People in favor of culling the dinosaurs are lumped in with flat earthers and alt right groups by the press.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I read the news earlier, excited as the original three were the most interesting characters the franchise ever produced, Starlord in Jurassic World not withstanding.

Considering how the second Jurassic World ended, I expect Jurassic World III to go full Planet of the Apes, and by that, I mean dinosaur pro-creation running rampant across the globe and the world's bleeding heart governments curbing military action until it's too late, and humanity is at the edge of extinction itself when raptors and other carnivores are just randomly eating people and other animal species. It's turning back the clock 165 million years, at least, that's what I hope happens. Seems like a natural progression of the story, otherwise, what was the point?

I very much see Dr. Grant, Malcolm and Dr. Satler (sp?) meeting their ends with maybe Owen and Bruce Dallas' Howard's characters being one of the few human survivors left.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Jesus Christ let it die already. I couldn't even get through the second Jurassic World movie with it's save the animals bullshit.

Hollywood is for the bin
    You say that like The Lost World: Jurassic Park way back in 1998 didn't end with Dr. Hammond advocating for preserving natural dinosaur habitat. News flash, tree huggers aren't an invention of the 21st century, they've been around since the 1960's so you can leave your safe space now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You say that like The Lost World: Jurassic Park way back in 1998 didn't end with Dr. Hammond advocating for preserving natural dinosaur habitat. News flash, tree huggers aren't an invention of the 21st century, they've been around since the 1960's so you can leave your safe space now.
    When did i mention that steaming pile of shit? Never should've made more than the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    When did i mention that steaming pile of shit? Never should've made more than the first.
    If not for The Lost World, we would have never gotten this hilarious scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, I really don't get how dinosaurs would be able to proliferate in the modern world. They're not inconspicuous animals.

Maybe some of the smaller ones, like the compies, could entrench themselves somewhere in the wild, but the ceratopsians, sauropods and theropods? They're giant, leave a trail of destruction in their wake, and are dangerous. And it's not like they're "invincible;" they could be taken out with conventional firearms.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by BillTheButcher View Post
    My gripe about Jurassic World has always been the velociraptors. Velociraptors are the size of CHICKENS!!! I can use a power washer from home depot and dispatch them easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    My gripe about Jurassic World has always been the velociraptors. Velociraptors are the size of CHICKENS!!! I can use a power washer from home depot and dispatch them easy enough.
    They're more like Indoraptors, but the name "Velociraptor" was cooler so they went with that for Indoraptors. Dr. Wu explained that these dinosaurs are genetically altered. Remember, they used frog DNA to fill in the missing gaps from the dinosaur DNA found in mosquitoes. These are more like genetically enhanced monsters than the original dinosaurs which would explain why the Tyranosaurus doesn't look like a giant turkey for one.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was the way they were in Jurassic Park, the novel, by Michael Crichton, upon which the first movie was based.

They were based on Deinonychus but "velocirpator" sounded cooler, is easier to spell and pronounce, and truncates nicely to "Raptor."

They're more like Indoraptors, but the name "Velociraptor" was cooler so they went with that for Indoraptors. Dr. Wu explained that these dinosaurs are genetically altered. Remember, they used frog DNA to fill in the missing gaps from the dinosaur DNA found in mosquitoes. These are more like genetically enhanced monsters than the original dinosaurs which would explain why the Tyranosaurus doesn't look like a giant turkey for one.
    For what it's worth, Tyrannosaurus likely didn't have prominent feather covering, if at all. Skin impressions of Tyrannosaurus and its closest relatives have been found, and none of them bear any evidence of feather covering.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2019-09-26 at 03:00 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    See, I really don't get how dinosaurs would be able to proliferate in the modern world. They're not inconspicuous animals.

Maybe some of the smaller ones, like the compies, could entrench themselves somewhere in the wild, but the ceratopsians, sauropods and theropods? They're giant, leave a trail of destruction in their wake, and are dangerous. And it's not like they're "invincible;" they could be taken out with conventional firearms.
    It's fiction, if they can make talking apes the dominant species on the planet, there's no reason why the dinosaurs can't develop an airborne virus that is deadly to human beings. By the time a cure is found, say 10% of the human race is left and boom: we're back in the Jurassic period.

They could've gone with Deinonychus but it just doesn't have the commercial appeal of a velociraptor

They're more like Indoraptors, but the name "Velociraptor" was cooler so they went with that for Indoraptors.
    The velociraptors in the movie are actually supposed to be deinonychus(before the feathered dino concept was accepted). Michael Crichton said the same thing, the velociraptors in the book were deinonychus, but he liked the other name more so that's what he went with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    For what it's worth, Tyrannosaurus likely didn't have prominent feather covering, if at all. Skin impressions of Tyrannosaurus and its closest relatives have been found, and none of them bear any evidence of feather covering.
    How recent? Because last time I was paying attention, renderings depicted them as:

Of course, they vary in how much plumage. Say what you want but that still looks frightening. Doesn't help I have a bird phobia.

I want to see the dinosaurs running amok in the streets of LA and NYC. I want to see right-wing militia groups trying to kill dinosaurs with their machine guns.