Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I wasn't necessarily talking about Hammond in regards of past tropes. I was talking about the greedy fat bastard who thought he could make a quick buck by stealing embryos while turning off most of the security measures in the park, insuring chaos and mayhem. Hence, "greedy asshole fucks over everyone."

Then in the sequel, greedy Ingen suit decides to dinonap Dinosaurs from the 2nd Island, incidentally lets loose a TRex on the city.

3rd movie, someone thought he could sell Raptor Eggs, so he decided to steal them, causing the team to be chased by the pack of Raptors.

4th movie, ok maybe this one the greedy bastard doesn't fuck over everyone. I need to see it again. But there is a greedy bastard in there seeking to exploit the dinos, and he was one of the people whom instructed the scientist to put raptor DNA in the IndosaurusRex.

5th movie, Another greedy person misleads the MC in to Dinonap dinosaurs to sell to self-indulgent rich bastards, creates a new form of Raptor based on the Indosaurus Rex. This one the greedy bastard isn't the only one to fuck over everyone, it's also the bleeding heart clone.

But the greedy bastard trope appears in every movie, and I guarantee you, the next movie is gonna have it. Although, it might not involve red tape. :\ I admit I might be thinking of something else. lol

And the animal rights isn't exclusive to Hammond, it was the activist in the 2nd movie, and the freaking clone in the 5th. Those might not be in the next.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2019-09-26 at 06:33 PM.

"Greedy bastard trope" works...as well as the "Military needs to takeover for weaponizing" trope.

It does seem unimaginative however.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I wasn't necessarily talking about Hammond in regards of past tropes. I was talking about the greedy fat bastard who thought he could make a quick buck by stealing embryos while turning off most of the security measures in the park, insuring chaos and mayhem. Hence, "greedy asshole fucks over everyone."

Then in the sequel, greedy Ingen suit decides to dinonap Dinosaurs from the 2nd Island, incidentally lets loose a TRex on the city.

3rd movie, someone thought he could sell Raptor Eggs, so he decided to steal them, causing the team to be chased by the pack of Raptors.

4th movie, ok maybe this one the greedy bastard doesn't fuck over everyone. I need to see it again. But there is a greedy bastard in there seeking to exploit the dinos, and he was one of the people whom instructed the scientist to put raptor DNA in the IndosaurusRex.

5th movie, Another greedy person misleads the MC in to Dinonap dinosaurs to sell to self-indulgent rich bastards, creates a new form of Raptor based on the Indosaurus Rex. This one the greedy bastard isn't the only one to fuck over everyone, it's also the bleeding heart clone.

But the greedy bastard trope appears in every movie, and I guarantee you, the next movie is gonna have it. Although, it might not involve red tape. :\ I admit I might be thinking of something else. lol

And the animal rights isn't exclusive to Hammond, it was the activist in the 2nd movie, and the freaking clone in the 5th. Those might not be in the next.
    That's why the only way to break the cycle is to turn it into dinosaur apocalypse as a direct cause of the greedy fuck tropes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That's why the only way to break the cycle is to turn it into dinosaur apocalypse as a direct cause of the greedy fuck tropes.
    Yeah, I would love it if they broke from that stupid plot line. But I am not going to hold my breath. I guess we can hope.

Dino apocalypse is the only way to go, but I don't know how (narratively) the dino population reaches critical mass on the mainland to cause said apocalypse. No one (should be/)is that stupid to A) not notice dinos on the mainland, and b) let them breed unchecked. It's not like dinos are viruses which split every minute or something.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Dino apocalypse is the only way to go, but I don't know how (narratively) the dino population reaches critical mass on the mainland to cause said apocalypse. No one (should be/)is that stupid to A) not notice dinos on the mainland, and b) let them breed unchecked. It's not like dinos are viruses which split every minute or something.
    It happened with the Planet of the Apes movie back in 2011. The simian flu killed most of humanity. The smart apes filled the gaps.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2019-09-26 at 07:35 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I still want to see this happen

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Jesus Christ let it die already. I couldn't even get through the second Jurassic World movie with it's save the animals bullshit.

Hollywood is for the bin
    Yeah these movies are fucking atrocious but they keep printing money because some retards are still watching them. They are not even good trash movies like Transformers or something. They are just bad. The Plot is completely stupid, the characters should not even be allowed to be called characters and the CGI is pretty wonky.
    Its just the same as every big franchise these days. Give us your money and eat our shit.

That's the problem that has persisted ever since a simple gymnastics routine killed a raptor in The Lost World: these movies are not allowing for a suspension of disbelief because of the crazy amount of stupidity shown by characters and/or the irrational and illogical situational developments. These movies are in B-movie territory right now, despite the major amount of money behind them. The best thing they could do is stop with the current trilogy and actually spend time making a good movie rather than "It's like Jurassic Park! People know that name and like dinosaurs, so they'll spend money to see it!"

As a slight aside, whenever I think back to that gymnastics scene in The Lost World, I always think of this movie (which is ironically more entertaining than the latest franchise entries despite how terrible this movie is):
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It happened with the Planet of the Apes movie back in 2011. The simian flu killed most of humanity. The smart apes filled the gaps.
    Do you expect a race of intelligent, self-aware dinos in this movie? It's feasible in Planet of the Apes because chimps are so close to us you can see them developing speech and civilization, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That's the problem that has persisted ever since a simple gymnastics routine killed a raptor in The Lost World:
    You just reminded me of this skit.

Bad raptor indeed.

How exactly are they going to justify Ellie Sattler having a part in the movie? Did the clone girl also go Johnny Appleseeding with GMO'd Jurassic-era seeds?

Do you expect a race of intelligent, self-aware dinos in this movie? It's feasible in Planet of the Apes because chimps are so close to us you can see them developing speech and civilization, etc.
    I dont know but now I want to see a Jurassic Park film about a bunch of highly intelligent dinosaurs taking over the world who *dun dun dun* are led teleparhically by the little clone girl!!!

I must have missed something in not watching the new movies, cause clone girl? What? Or was this like, in JP3?

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Yeah these movies are fucking atrocious but they keep printing money because some retards are still watching them. They are not even good trash movies like Transformers or something. They are just bad. The Plot is completely stupid, the characters should not even be allowed to be called characters and the CGI is pretty wonky.
    Its just the same as every big franchise these days. Give us your money and eat our shit.
    Because robot heaven in Transformers 2 is good shit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    I still want to see this happen

Alpha: You've said too much, Blue!!! Stitches for snitches!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I must have missed something in not watching the new movies, cause clone girl? What? Or was this like, in JP3?
    There was a clone of a girl in Jurassic World 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    How exactly are they going to justify Ellie Sattler having a part in the movie? Did the clone girl also go Johnny Appleseeding with GMO'd Jurassic-era seeds?
    She's good friends with Dr. Grant and Ian Malcolm, and they're in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    You just reminded me of this skit.

Bad raptor indeed.
    Lol The Lost World can never live that scene down even though technically the rest of the movie isn't even worse than the subsequent sequels.

I mean, in the book, Sattler and Grant were in a relationship. I think it's even hinted at in the movie. That can literally be her reason for being there. Hopefully she's still a badass and not a mom who doesn't want Grant to "risk what they have," that's all that should matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That was the way they were in Jurassic Park, the novel, by Michael Crichton, upon which the first movie was based.

They were based on Deinonychus but "velocirpator" sounded cooler, is easier to spell and pronounce, and truncates nicely to "Raptor."
    Looked those up and some of the new feather covered renditions of them are kind of terrifying looking. They look super dopey, but you know they could still run you down and kill you.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...willoughby.png
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

I mean, in the book, Sattler and Grant were in a relationship. I think it's even hinted at in the movie. That can literally be her reason for being there. Hopefully she's still a badass and not a mom who doesn't want Grant to "risk what they have," that's all that should matter.
    She got married someone else and had kids with him in Jurassic Park 3. Grant’s just “The Dinosaur Man”.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Because robot heaven in Transformers 2 is good shit?
    Its trash and its supposed to be trash. The Jurassic franchise stood for epic blockbusters once and its still taking itself seriously but is as stupid as transformers movies.

I guess I have to brush up on my lore on the shitty movies in this franchise, lol.