Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

*Spoilers* They should just create a 3rd faction already

It's ridiculous how those that have been loyal to Sylvanas have to sit and follow Anduin--I mean Thrall as the new warchief.

Create a 3rd faction for Sylvanas loyalists. The Horde is just full of traitors now.

edit: make that 4 factions!

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    why only 3, not 4?

It is also silly to night elves to see Anduin hugs Saurfang and those orcs. Tyrande will lead the night elves to leave Alliance.
    Last edited by united; 2019-09-25 at 10:24 PM.
    change can't wait.

It's like everyone didn't say following sylvanas would be pants on head retarded.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because we need more arbitrary walls dividing our dwindling player base. (/s)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

For all 8 of you?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    For all 8 of you?
    16 if you count all the Sylvie body-pillows.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

7+ Year Old Account
    We had to follow her doing her mumbo jumbo evil shit nonsense war the entire expansion too, eat up like we did and wait for the pendulum swing again

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    We had to follow her doing her mumbo jumbo evil shit nonsense war the entire expansion too, eat up like we did and wait for the pendulum swing again
    If you don't want to kill alliance, play alliance ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    No 3rd faction. Just make all races neutral at the start and let us decide which faction we want to belong to - like Pandaren.
    As much as I like this idea, I also hate it because I've seen how little people care about optional factions. As soon as you open the flood gates and make them all the same, they'll feel like a game mechanic more than a faction to rally behind.

In a way, we've seen this with Aldor and Scryer. You get to choose which side of Shattrath you made your base of operations and what color tabard you *might* wear, and that's about it. There was very little feeling of being a part of something bigger than you.

I don't want the Alliance and Horde watered down to that level.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-09-25 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phryx View Post
    Many players including myself started WoW in Vanilla and killing Alliance wasn't what the Horde was about.

That said I wouldn't mind an evil faction. I just want it evil from the start.

No 3rd faction. Just make all races neutral at the start and let us decide which faction we want to belong to - like Pandaren.
    I think if they did something like that they should remove the Horde and Alliance factions and make an evil faction and a good one.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2019-09-25 at 10:06 PM.

Hear, hear!

I would LOVE to play a dirty traitorous human rogue for Thrall.

7+ Year Old Account
    i want kill then the horde way, not being leaded by a dead batshit crazy elf plotting with evil forces, if you want to be evil edgy guy find another game.

5+ Year Old Account
    This would screw up PVP queue-times to hell and back I feel not to mention it would muddy up identities.

Red and Blue still need to exist to maintain distinct boundaries and flavor, specifically for PvP, but going forward for anything PVE-wise the narrative and gameplay should be primarily Purple in nature.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I think this is what will happen...with a change though.

I think we all have to choose a side, but it will be the old Horde/Alliance...er...um alliance, if you will, on one side and a new faction on the other.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2019-09-25 at 10:11 PM.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

why only 3, not 4?

It is also silly to night elves to see Anduin hugs Saurfang and those orcs. Tyrande will lead the night elves to leave Alliance.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i want kill then the horde way, not being leaded by a dead batshit crazy elf plotting with evil forces, if you want to be evil edgy guy find another game.
    You need a good reason to kill them? What is the horde way anyway? If you need another good reason to slaugther your enemies, play alliance.

You need a good reason to kill them? What is the horde way anyway? If you need another good reason to slaugther your enemies, play alliance.
    Checks out.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2019-09-25 at 10:19 PM.

It won't make any sense in pve or lorewise.

If factions are removed, we will see horde humans attacking stormgarde in warfront, or horde night elves doing quests to burn Teldrassil, or alliance orcs attacking Frostwolf clan in AV.

Blizzard will only do this if it doesn't care about lore at all anymore. Then it is pretty much the death of wow at the same time.

No need for third faction. If unification happens just have old faction with Horde + Alliance and new faction with Sylvanas and her Horde loyalists (like the ones you see chained through Orgrimmar) plus whatever new races her alliances give us.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    why only 3, not 4?

this is whats goign to happen in 9.0, according to leaks, netural when wm off, sylvanaus vs tyrande when wm on
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    This would screw up PVP queue-times to hell and back I feel not to mention it would muddy up identities.
    Actually, as long as no faction goes above 50% of player base, it will reduce queue times to zero.

Let's say 1000 players queue for BGs, 450 A + 400 B + 150 C

350 A vs 350 B
    100 A vs 100 C
    50 B vs 50 C

Everyone will get in instantly.