Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Horde Queen Talanji and the Alliance after BFA

So after 8.2.5 a lot of players think that Alliance and Horde are at peace.

A lot of people has focued on Tyrande and Night Elves that they might possibly want to get vengeance on the Horde in the future.

But what about Queen Talanji and the Zandalari Trolls? I think they are on the same boat - the Alliance killed their Father and King.

What do you think? Will Zandalari Trolls and Queen Talanji seek vengeance on the Alliance?

Just because the Alliance and Horde are working together doesn't mean the independent races can't and won't fight eachother. If I remember the story of Legion correctly, that's exactly what happens in Stormheim when the Gilneans try to capture Sylvanas. I think its entirely possible you might see Night Elves vs Forsaken, Kul Tirans vs Zandalari, or Dark Iron vs Goblins stories in the future. Which IMO is way more interesting then generic AvH stories anyway

Obviously some sort of faction merge/cross faction gameplay is coming, you would have to be blind not to see that.

However, we still need some lore reasons for warmode and pvp, so that's why Blizzard left things like Tyrande,Greymane, Talanji, sunreavers etc. in. They will serve as lore background for future pvp.

5+ Year Old Account
    I still don't think this will be a permanent thing. While some faction leaders may have changed, you can't expect absolutely everyone to feel the same.

Well War Mode will always exist, all that Peace Mode will allow you to do is cross faction PvE and I am sure there will always be a chunk of the player base that won't like the other faction. In all honesty it is probably one of the best social experiments ever created and it was kinda by accident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Just because the Alliance and Horde are working together doesn't mean the independent races can't and won't fight eachother. If I remember the story of Legion correctly, that's exactly what happens in Stormheim when the Gilneans try to capture Sylvanas. I think its entirely possible you might see Night Elves vs Forsaken, Kul Tirans vs Zandalari, or Dark Iron vs Goblins stories in the future. Which IMO is way more interesting then generic AvH stories anyway
    Well the Stormheim assault was ordered by Anduin in Legion which is why Sky Admiral Rogers and the 7th Legion were with the Gilneans and Anduin also gave Genn the go ahead to attack the Forsaken if the opportunity arose until it was retconned in Before the Storm where Anduin "Nuh uhs" it away. Even so yes it'll be interesting to see if Blizzard gives the spotlight to some of the divisions there would be in the Horde over the potential unification especially for the Zandalari who lost their king to the Alliance, Gallywix and his allied cronies after the Alliance attempted to assassinate him in the War Campaign, the Blood Elves who still bear a grudge over the purge as shown by the Baine's Rescue Scenario and the Void Elves, the Forsaken for the Battle of Lordaeron, the Nightborne (maybe) and the Orcs who still despise humans.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Well the Stormheim assault was ordered by Anduin in Legion which is why Sky Admiral Rogers and the 7th Legion were with the Gilneans and Anduin also gave Genn the go ahead to attack the Forsaken if the opportunity arose until it was retconned in Before the Storm where Anduin "Nuh uhs" it away.
    it wasn't retconned at all.

Anduin never gave the order to attack on sight, he ordered them to stay put unless the situation demands it.
    Genn and Rogers then just rushed in and attacked Sylvanas' fleet.

Formerly known as Arafal

Who knows.

The entire point of this post war state is to "break the cycle", meaning one side has to cut their losses and pass on revenge.

The Zandalari probably will not go for it, solely because they lose relevance post BfA.
    Unless they stay somehow relevant due to Bwonsamdi, but i think it's the Alliance's turn for (creating) conflict during the next expansion, with Saurfangs death serving as a rallying point for the Horde.

You need to look at Talanji going forward like Thalyssra has been handled in BFA. She will likely show up for big events, say a few lines, and be put back into the box until needed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    You need to look at Talanji going forward like Thalyssra has been handled in BFA. She will likely show up for big events, say a few lines, and be put back into the box until needed again.
    Well, at least we are sure they will be used. Thalyssra is plot device when Horde needs magic while Talanji may come to heal some people when needed.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    The Zandalari and Alliance have been at war since BC? So I cant imagine much changes there except Talanji has less to work with that Zul and Rastakhan so I cant really see much really changing in the narrative towards them. Perhaps they return to more raider forces and collect more troll tribes together working as the Mothership sort. At least until they rebuild enough of the Golden Fleet to force the Kul'tirans to engage again. But personally i'd like them to be more involved in rebuilding similar to the NEs working on giving us other feeling sort of hubs that keep the aggression factors alive.

She got about as much of vengeance as Tyrande so she better be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its simple - either she will shut up and accept boiking, or she will be hit with villain bat.

Alliance and Horde are, at best, not currently in open war (after the events of 8.2.5).

Talanji did lose her father rather needlessly but honestly 1000% of that fault is on Sylvanas.

The zandalar made the bad choice of joining the horde just as the Horde was in their most genocidal offensive yet, so a risk of losing a few royalty members was the least bad that could have happened to Zandalari.

Its the same as (for example) Japan joining the Axis Germany in WW2 back when the Germans were really bent on genocide.
    Yea it sucks that such horror happened to Japan but maybe joining sides with the most depraved genocidal faction is not a safe choice.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2019-09-30 at 01:54 PM.

Watch as they ignore what has happened to push the story they want. Wouldn't surprise me if they decude to ignore previous events.

A LOT of things are now mirrored on Alliance and Horde sides : Undead "couple" in both (Sylvanas/Nathanos-Calia-Derek), if Baine ends up becoming the new Warchief, both factions will have a Pacifist Leader, Sylvanas and Bolvar both have power over death while not being "officially" related to their factions, etc, etc...

Kaldorei and Zandalari may turn out to be the referring factions for the PvP side of the game, I guess..

But I think Talanji would follow the Horde's decisions, but would try to interact as less as possible with the Alliance. She's a rather new character, so we can't know exactly how she will react, but she is shown to be quite wise and respectful of others, as long as they show the same behaviour.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Exactly!
    The problem is the perma theme... Blue Vs red... Stands for humans Vs orcs... It's from Warcraft 2 ... It's boring .. it's old... It's without the cool races added with wc3 or in WoW. Please... Let's move on... A Vs H is a snorefest
    I would totally get into those race Vs race warfronts
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well just gonna get graymane attack horde again but thats okay since hes alliance.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

We should just beat her over the head with Anduin body until she accepts Unifaction. She can even relate with Jaina about how they both lost her dads for extra lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    The zandalar made the bad choice of joining the horde just as the Horde was in their most genocidal offensive yet, so a risk of losing a few royalty members was the least bad that could have happened to Zandalari.
    If they hadn't team up with the Horde, they'd be wiped out by G'huun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    We should just beat her over the head with Anduin body until she accepts Unifaction. She can even relate with Jaina about how they both lost her dads for extra lols.

If they hadn't team up with the Horde, they'd be wiped out by G'huun.
    At this point, it's not that they're disconnected with the Horde, but as it seems as a majority of the other races have made peace, The Zandalari Empire has inherited the name the Horde, as they are the main benefactor of the war with the remnants of the Alliance (Kul Tiras).

First War Alliance: Stormwind
    First War Horde: The Clans under the Burning Legion
    Second War Alliance: 7 human kingdoms + Silvermoon
    Second War Horde: The Burning Legion, plus a few Trolls
    Etc.
    Fifth War Alliance: Kul Tiras
    Fifth War Horde: Zandalar