Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.

leaning towards Elune on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    Xal'atath refers to us as "the Opener... the Bringer of Truths... the Torch That Lights the Way!".
    Opener: as in we use the Heart of Azeroth (the key) to open N'zoth's prison.
    Bringer of Truths: as in freeing N'zoth we lead to Sylvannas revealing the truth, that she plotted with Azshara to start a war and use us all to free N'zoth.
    The torches are not things like we though. They are people.
    The items we collect + Us in the Xal'atath story arc a few patches ago were the 5 torches (Us, the crown, the trident, the blade and Xal'atath hersef) we lit the way and awoke N'zoth together. It is explicitly stated as such during the quest chain. Not sure why anyone is still talking about this as if there's a mystery to it.

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    is it possible that this sentence is referring to the chamber of hearts, because its in a crater and maybe they somehow infiltrated the heart without us knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.
    The Circle of Stars is the prison of N'zoth, in the depths of the ocean.
    This was, incidentally, a massive copout. Like...what.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why would her first death not count?? Because blizzard forgot to count and went "oh shit.. just kidding guys! That one doesnt Count!"
    Well TBH there's no character who died twice "literally" and is about to die for the third time.

Sylvanas already literally died three times. But it could be spun to her dying as a Banshee Queen, or maybe her death in Cata already enabled something we dont know about yet.
    Another popular theory is Azshara, but there's no definitive proof that she died 10k years ago, nor in 8.2. You can speculate she did, but its only speculation.
    Azeroth is also a popular theory, but again - there's nothing definitive to prove that she already died two times.

So either the death is just a figure of speech, or its under certain rules, or the "opening" already happened and we dont know about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The items we collect + Us in the Xal'atath story arc a few patches ago were the 5 torches (Us, the crown, the trident, the blade and Xal'atath hersef) we lit the way and awoke N'zoth together. It is explicitly stated as such during the quest chain. Not sure why anyone is still talking about this as if there's a mystery to it.
    Because while we set him free by that, we didn't show him a way, we didn't light a path. A path to where and for whom? The quote says 'our path' not 'his path' or 'my path'. Setting N'Zoth free freed one being from a prison and it didn't need a path or a door, it just needed the chains broken.
    Yes, we were the opener of the prison and yes, in a way we also brought truth. But there was no path involved yet that 'they' needed to find.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why would her first death not count?? Because blizzard forgot to count and went "oh shit.. just kidding guys! That one doesnt Count!"
    Because people are convinced it's about her so they try to handwave it in some way. So, they say only the Banshee's deaths count.

This "3 deaths" thing does not need to be literal anyway. Alleria said she "feels she died twice", but she never actually died.
    Whatever...

Alleria outright saying she feels like she died twice is an overt red herring. It's too obvious.

My money is on Azshara (Drowned, died in Circle of Stars, ???) especially if she is used as some kind of battery similar to how Gul'dan was used to power the second Dark Portal. Killing her may cause something horrible to happen.

From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.

This is about Argus/Sargeras. Azeroth was stabbed by Sargeras and the blade is infused with Argus blood/essence. Azerite is a mix of Argus' blood(blue) and Azeroth's blood(yellow).

Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watchin us. Why you no see it?

This is Sargeras blade in Silithus.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

This is about the Pantheon/Sargeras/Illidan.

Most of these are refering to 8.2 and the raid. We as adventurers didnt know what was going to happen when we defeated azshara, we didnt know we were going to set Nzoth free.

Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it.
    This is Azeroth, Faceless are always underground and Old god prisons are also deep in azeroth. Its not Sylvanas (how can people even consider her when loyalist cutscene exists???)

From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength.
    Refers to magni.

The king of diamonds has been made a pawn.
    Even azshara said this, easy to understand.

Five keys to open our way. Five torches to light our path.
    As someone said on the thread, the empowering of the heart with dragonflights. The heart needed more juice to free Nzoth and without them we wouldnt have enough.

To find him, drown yourself in the circle of stars.
    For sure Nzoth's prison location.

Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below.
    This is the place where we fight Azshara, the titan mechanism with the lights and energy, we didnt know nzoth aka shadows were below.

The lord of ravens will turn the key.
    This is still a mystery and doubt it has anything to do with Medivhs echo OP is talking about.

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.
    NOT sylvanas, she doesnt care about the void. Helya is death aligned so also doesnt care about the void. Still a mystery.

The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.
    Also still a mystery, nothing he has done or said so far indicate that these lies result in bad situations/events. Some people keep trying to twist some stuff he has said but are way to far fetched theories...

Check the order of the quotes:

Faceless are undergound and can easily find the world soul or azeroths heart, they corrupt the earth from the deeps and easily manipulate magni and make him a pawn. Dragonflights further empower the Heart so Nzoth can be free and now we just need to find him. We then proceed to Nazjatar where he is and fight azshara near the titan mechanisms (bright surface where our hoa gets drained) and below is Nzoth.

The other 3 quotes are yet to happen, maybe nzoth will call void reinforcements from the great dark beyond and a key is needed to this and then someone has to guide said forces (she will usher quote) to azeroth.

Cant quite place Anduinns quote though, we know at least 1 lie has already been told but we dont know what implications it might have had.

5+ Year Old Account
    Could the High Table mean the council that the horde and alliance will become? Or the Pantheon?

Boy-King could also mean Wraithion

Didn't Wraithion eat Lei Shens heart?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Could the High Table mean the council that the horde and alliance will become? Or the Pantheon?
    Neither.

The six seats and six mouths are the 6 cosmic forces.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I guess you could say he Il'gynoth tell a lie.

Oh, should I see myself out?
    LOL. I was surprised how hard that made me laugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Boy-King could also mean Wraithion
    He really god damn isn't.
    Blizzard is not playing 4D chess with this story.

How many more god damn times do characters have to refer to Anduin as boy-king before people get it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

This is about the Pantheon/Sargeras/Illidan.
    Could also be Sylvanas, who just “freed herself” of the throne of warchief.

But prophecies usually only tend to make sense after the fact, so i might be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Man whatever else people say about the lore, the fact that people have had countless speculation sessions on what those words mean, and years later we STILL aren't sure, really says something right?

All I know is used to never care about lore in this game at all.
    When I heard all the speculation around Ilgynoth, a seemingly random boss in one of the easiest raids ever, it was like the switch was flipped.

Now I can't get enough of the old god stuff!
    Wow lore has two speeds: really interesting and really dumb. Ilgy's whispers are really interesting.

Side note, keep in mind Anduin's lies don't need to be intentional. Not the first time he's been played.
    Last edited by Thage; 2019-09-28 at 06:40 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Anduin isn't the boy-king mentioned. Anduin is a man and was never king when he was a boy. He was a prince.

Wrathion, however, is still a boy in terms of dragon life-span, and he is the king of the black dragons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    He really god damn isn't.
    Blizzard is not playing 4D chess with this story.

How many more god damn times do characters have to refer to Anduin as boy-king before people get it.
    Well until something is actually confirmed, everything is conjecture at this point. Could be a red herring. Of the 2, Wraith is definitely the more cunning and least trustworthy. Just received a model update. And is the rightful heir to the black dragonflight and is very young, especially in dragon years
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    N'Zoth whispers (Crucible of Storms):

Six seats at the high table. Six mouths that hunger. One will consume all others.
    I have no idea.
    Six mayor forces reign the Warcraft cosmology:

From what we've seen along the story fo BFA, it seems to be Death that wants to consume all.

She is not the last, but the first. Drown her and you will see.
    Again, "her". "Drown her and you will see." The third death again?
    Maybe he means Sylvanas being the first to sucumb to the hopelessness and the inevitability of Death. And by drown her, he means bring her down, and doing it would bring the rest.

The veil wanes. His crown will open the way.
    "His" crown. Maybe this is also related to the boy-king's lies?
    Gorak Tul. We already fight an avatar of him in Drustvar, and he taunts us saying that he will wait for us to come for him into the Blighted Lands, suposedly in Death's realm.

I alone can save you from what is to come.
    Maybe this is related to the threat of Death brought by Sylvanas.

It grows hungrier... bolder. Alas, your eyes are closed.
    Again, the threat of Death. "Your eyes are closed", "all eyes will be opened". N'Zoth is our "ally" against Death?
    Indeed. We see it with Bwomsamdi tricking all people around to favor his Master: leading Rezan to Death, meaking a deals with Rastakhan, Talanji, us, etc. to grant him more and more souls...

And Old Gods seem to be able to avoid death. They seem almost immortal. We even see them bringing back people from death (Azshara).

When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away.
    An arrow, a fetter destroyed. I can only think of Alleria losing control. Maybe Sylvanas will kill Arator and/or Turalyon?
    I think it's more figurative. The arrow is Sylvanas releasing Death from it's plane, into our realm.

The Light has struck a bargain with the enemy of all.
    This may be related to Calia being turned undead through the Light.
    I still think he means the Naaru and the Army of Light. The Naaru look zealously mind-set on destroying anything chaotic (being Fel or Void). I have no doubt they wouldn't hesitate on using Death to this end. In the end, Light only wants complete order, and nothing dead can truly change, so they could see it as acceptable in their twisted way of thinking.

He gave himself to the deep places. He gave himself to me.
    I have no idea. I'd think about Deathwing, but he's dead. Wrathion? Ebonhorn? Magni? I have no idea.
    Neither Wrathion, Ebonhorn or Magni look aligned with N'zoth. I'll say the opposite.
    I also doubt he's talking about Deathwing. My bet? Whoever the new leader of the Black and Twilight Dragonflights are.

Alleria's temptations:
    When with Turalyon
    “…can never be enough. Prove your love. Slay him and free him from the curse of the Light. Stop resisting. Give in and become one with us. It’s only a matter of time…”

Coud foreshadow Alleria’s descent into madness. Maybe something happens with Turalyon or Arator, but one of them manage to bring her back from madness. Or maybe not. Maybe she and Sylvanas end up being a free-for-all boss (one against the other, we against both), each representing a cosmic force we need to stop (Death and Void).
    I think it's more the Void trying to make her see its point: the Void is infinite posibilities, and Light, being the opposite, is complete rule, only a narrow path to a sole, unique end. Void sees this as a waste, as a curse.

When meeting Vereesa
    “The throne of Silvermoon is yours by right. Take it. Deliver this weak one to us, and we will grant her purpose…”

The Void wants Vereesa? Could it be foreshadowing of the fate of the high elves? This may or may not hint towards my predictions that the void taint will spread to the high elves.
    I don't think it wants Vereesa specifically. It just see a possible pawn.

When meeting Sylvanas
    “This one is dangerous. She is a threat and must be ended. Beware this one, she seeks the death of all things… all possibilities. End her threat. Murder her, murder her, save yourself and murder her. Save the world and murder her.”

The Void fears Sylvanas and whatever is her master. Also, the voices say “save yourself and murder her”. Maybe because Sylvanas will kill/wound Turalyon or Arator, thus killing her at that point would prevent the dark future ahead?

When Sylvanas shows her banshee powers
    “She’s a violation she serves the true enemy kill her now kill her kill her now remove her from this world and take from her what you need now now now”

Again, the void really fears Sylvanas. Maybe she’s the one who can stop N’Zoth (by killing Azeroth and impeding him from corrupting the titanic soul).

When returning to her family
    “This is nothing. You should have killed her. Now it’s too late. You have sacrificed greatness for false feelings. They will leave you. You will watch as she claims them.”

Again, hinting at Turalyon’s and/or Arator’s death, caused by Sylvanas.
    [/QUOTE]
    Like I said before, the Void sees Sylvanas as harbinger of Death, ending the change of all things, that is the core of the Void.

I never understood why people were always like "THE VOID LIES, NOTHING THEY SAY IS TRUE" when clearly everything they've ever said is true. They can see all possible futures, they're just telling you about then ones where they win, or they're telling you incomplete information so that you'll give in to despair. They've never been just straight-up lies. Even the times they go "You will all die" turned out to be true, we just altered time and deleted that timeline. Plus yeah, we will all still eventually die, so it's still true.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?