May the dark lady...

So like... if Sylvanas ups and leaves are the npcs just gonna keep saying the same lines referencing her?

I feel like if times change then npcs need to change too. Otherwise I really feel there’s some suspicious unprepared directionally challenged writing going on. Sometimes I wish they’d just make a fluid game and stop trying so hard to write complicated(or not so) stories. Some fans have written way better content than what’s going on.

Anyways... is this awkward?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I doubt they will change voice lines before next expansion. Or, what is even more likely they won't change them until next "cataclysm" style world revamp.

Draenei keep talking about the Legion so I imagine Forsaken will keep talking about Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Victory for Sylvanas.

I’m sure the Forsaken retain their true loyalties to her and simply like to voice that.

Many forsaken are still loyal to Sylvanas. If you're playing a Loyalist, they whisper to you pro-Sylvanas things while saying anti-Sylvanas things in public to deceive the new regime. They are just faking loyalty. It's not weird.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    They will retcon every important NPC to be loyalists. Watch your back indeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe with the world revamp, if that even comes. If you interact/play old content you play in the past, so there is no real need to change those lines.

I'm a Alliance player so i don't really know, is she mostly referred to as Dark lady or Warchief? With Varian and Anduin most ingame lines were already King and almost no changes were needed.