Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's because the community aspect that people yapped about was in Vanilla but there was NO CHANCE of that community being recreated in Classic.
    I absolutely agree there was NO CHANCE of it being in Classic, however i also reject the idea that it existed to the extent some claim during Vanilla. I appreciate that personal experiences may be different, and that the demographic was slightly different, but the stories on these forums of players being forced to quit the game, forced to change realms, forced to reroll, all because they "ninjad" an item in a leveling dungeon - its just utter fantasy.

Sure, there was the odd player who pinched an item and there was some trade chat drama for a few hours, then everyone forgot about it, and then continued playing with various guilds, raid teams, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I absolutely agree there was NO CHANCE of it being in Classic, however i also reject the idea that it existed to the extent some claim during Vanilla. I appreciate that personal experiences may be different, and that the demographic was slightly different, but the stories on these forums of players being forced to quit the game, forced to change realms, forced to reroll, all because they "ninjad" an item in a leveling dungeon - its just utter fantasy.

Sure, there was the odd player who pinched an item and there was some trade chat drama for a few hours, then everyone forgot about it, and then continued playing with various guilds, raid teams, whatever.
    My experiences with Vanilla were actually opposite of what people claimed. I once got kicked from a guild for questioning the raid leader playing favorites to their significant other. They then told the entire server I was a ninja looter to avoid me incriminating them. I had to delete my fucking character because I never got invited to another group again. I've seen other people suffer similar fates.

But when it came to positive stories about the community? They rarely ever fucking happened. People listened to whoever the big guilds were regardless of whether or not they were lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needing for repair is a dick move. You make enough on the grays, silver etc from an instance and repairs just aren't that expensive.

I'd boot that person and consider posting on realm forums.

My experiences with Vanilla were actually opposite of what people claimed. I once got kicked from a guild for questioning the raid leader playing favorites to their significant other. They then told the entire server I was a ninja looter to avoid me incriminating them. I had to delete my fucking character because I never got invited to another group again. I've seen other people suffer similar fates.

But when it came to positive stories about the community? They rarely ever fucking happened. People listened to whoever the big guilds were regardless of whether or not they were lying.
    Why did you delete your character? Why not just roll a new one? This is the problem with these stories, they lack all credibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Needing for repair is a dick move. You make enough on the grays, silver etc from an instance and repairs just aren't that expensive.

I'd boot that person and consider posting on realm forums.
    What if you were not the group leader? How would you boot them? What if everyone in the group just started rolling NEED as well, as many in this thread have suggested. Would you just leave the group? What good does that do?

Why did you delete your character? Why not just roll a new one? This is the problem with these stories, they lack all credibility.
    I did roll a new one. Transferred all my gold and started over. But the former character was pretty much just a dead toon at that point so why keep it?

I did roll a new one. Transferred all my gold and started over. But the former character was pretty much just a dead toon at that point so why keep it?
    Way to completely dodge the question. Why would you delete it? It can still farm gold, and the time invested is very large, why would you delete it?

i try to need if that happens and then initiate a reroll, ninja's roll is ignored

Way to completely dodge the question. Why would you delete it? It can still farm gold, and the time invested is very large, why would you delete it?
    I delete characters all the time when I feel like they're dead characters. I still do it to this day. I honestly can't explain it. My "restore character" lists on my current servers are massive lol. I guess it was just instilled into me by friends in Vanilla that once a character is blacklisted you're never getting a group and will likely be harassed everywhere you go. I was new to MMOs and didn't see evidence at the time against it so I just got rid of the character. I also had no fucking life so time invested meant nothing to me.

This smells fabricated. Why would you delete a toon? That makes zero sense at all. You have a max level character that can farm gold and mats for you rerolled character. You don't need to group with anyone to get the gold. Does your toon automatically get deleted when you get blacklisted? Is it auto deleted by the GM of the guild or is it more of a vote kick thing where you get vote deleted? Or are you just lying to try and back up the myth of server blacklisting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Repair bills are higher for plate tanks than any other class in the game....but repair bills aren't a real thing until you get some gear at 60...and if a warrior tried that shit at 60, they would have a harder time finding a group willing to put up with their shit

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This smells fabricated. Why would you delete a toon? That makes zero sense at all. You have a max level character that can farm gold and mats for you rerolled character. You don't need to group with anyone to get the gold. Does your toon automatically get deleted when you get blacklisted? Is it auto deleted by the GM of the guild or is it more of a vote kick thing where you get vote deleted? Or are you just lying to try and back up the myth of server blacklisting.
    I literally just explained it in the post above your response.

I delete characters all the time when I feel like they're dead characters. I still do it to this day. I honestly can't explain it. My "restore character" lists on my current servers are massive lol. I guess it was just instilled into me by friends in Vanilla that once a character is blacklisted you're never getting a group and will likely be harassed everywhere you go. I was new to MMOs and didn't see evidence at the time against it so I just got rid of the character. I also had no fucking life so time invested meant nothing to me.
    This just stinks of a made up story. You make it sound like "blacklisting" is just a normal part of playing an MMO, and yet i have never experienced it, never seen any evidence of it, and frankly, dont believe it has ever happened, and yet you have had MULTIPLE characters blacklisted from entire realms?. Calling BS, entirely made up story.

This just stinks of a made up story. You make it sound like "blacklisting" is just a normal part of playing an MMO, and yet i have never experienced it, never seen any evidence of it, and frankly, dont believe it has ever happened, and yet you have had MULTIPLE characters blacklisted from entire realms?. Calling BS, entirely made up story.
    ....I didn't say I had multiple characters blacklisted. I mentioned ONE character that got blacklisted. The other characters I've deleted were just deleted because I just felt like they were dead characters taking up space on my character lists. You're taking what I'm saying out of contexts. But sure. I made it all up because you misread what I was saying.

I literally just explained it in the post above your response.
    No you didn't. You made a false claim of the toon being dead. The toon was not dead so it must've been auto deleted. If it wasn't auto deleted then you have made the story up. NO ONE has ever deleted their toon willingly because if being black listed. All you are doing is lying to the community because of some fantasy that the community was better in Vanilla and you had to act a certain way to be able to play the game. This is a lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

....I didn't say I had multiple characters blacklisted. I mentioned ONE character that got blacklisted. The other characters I've deleted were just deleted because I just felt like they were dead characters taking up space on my character lists. You're taking what I'm saying out of contexts. But sure. I made it all up because you misread what I was saying.
    Right, it was just your friends who had so many characters "blacklisted" that they guided you through the process. I would LOVE to know how this conversation took place.

your versions:

TheRevenantHero - "hey guys, i have been blacklisted on my realm, what should i do?"

Friends - "Once blacklisted, the only reasonable solution is to Delete that character, it is of no use to you now"

TheRevenantHero - "ok guys, makes sense, ill just forget all the time i have spent leveling and gearing this toon, and delete it"

The reality:

TheRevenantHero - "hey guys, i have been blacklisted on my realm, what should i do?"

Friends - "what do you mean "blacklisted"? What does that even mean?"

TheRevenantHero - "i cant find groups, because every single person on my realm knows who i am and wont group with me, all because of some guild drama"

Freinds - "what? why does everyone know who you are? why does anyone care about your guild drama? i doubt even 0.1% of the realm has a clue who you are"

TheRevenantHero - "nah guys, this minor guild drama has made me the most well known player on my entire realm, and i cant get into groups, should i delete my toon?"

Friends - "delete it? why on earth would you delete it? If you wanna play something else, play something else.....delete it? wtf?"

TheRevenantHero - "yeah, you are right, im deleting my toon"

Friends - "mate, seriously, there is literaly zero logic here, dont delete the toon, you can stop playing it without deleting it, even if a few ppl know about the drama, it will blow over in a day or two at most!"

TheRevenantHero - "deleted!"

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No you didn't. You made a false claim of the toon being dead. The toon was not dead so it must've been auto deleted. If it wasn't auto deleted then you have made the story up. NO ONE has ever deleted their toon willingly because if being black listed. All you are doing is lying to the community because if some fantasy that the community was better in Vanilla and you had to act a certain way to be able to play the game. This is a lie.
    You are a special kind of stupid if you're being serious. The toon was "dead". And I know other people who have done the same thing to make space on their character lists. Vanilla absolutely had instances of extreme blacklisting. I declared the toon was dead because it was mostly taking up space and I was told by friends I would likely get harassed by people who believed the ninja lott bull shit. So I deleted the character since I was never going to play it again. You very obviously didn't play during Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Right, it was just your friends who had so many characters "blacklisted" that they guided you through the process. I would LOVE to know how this conversation took place.

your versions:

Friends - "Once blacklisted, the only reasonable solution is to Delete that character, it is of no use to you now"

TheRevenantHero - "ok guys, makes sense, ill just forget all the time i have spent leveling and gearing this toon, and delete it"

The reality:

Friends - "what do you mean "blacklisted"? What does that even mean?"

TheRevenantHero - "i cant find groups, because every single person on my realm knows who i am and wont group with me, all because of some guild drama"

Freinds - "what? why does everyone know who you are? why does anyone care about your guild drama? i doubt even 0.1% of the realm has a clue who you are"

TheRevenantHero - "nah guys, this minor guild drama has made me the most well known player on my entire realm, and i cant get into groups, should i delete my toon?"

Friends - "delete it? why on earth would you delete it? If you wanna play something else, play something else.....delete it? wtf?"

TheRevenantHero - "yeah, you are right, im deleting my toon"

Friends - "mate, seriously, there is literaly zero logic here, dont delete the toon, you can stop playing it without deleting it, even if a few ppl know about the drama, it will blow over in a day or two at most!"

TheRevenantHero - "deleted!"
    Except....no. I asked my friends what I should do and they told me that I'd likely get trolls as a result of the asshole in my former guild. They didn't tell me to delete the character. That was MY DECISION. I decided it was a dead character and got rid of it because I didn't want to play a character that likely would get me no end of annoyance. I didn't tell anyone I was deleting the character either. Because I don't need sympathy. But sure. Server communities and reputation never mattered right? I'm not gonna bother responding to you anymore because clearly didn't play during Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    just kick him
    You don't get to just 'kick' the tank if you want the run finished.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

What if you were not the group leader? How would you boot them? What if everyone in the group just started rolling NEED as well, as many in this thread have suggested. Would you just leave the group? What good does that do?
    It's a rep thing. If I'm not the leader then I can't boot of course, but I think we need to bring back the server penalties for being a dick.. and those are all rep-based. And I get it - not everyone saw this... but some of us did.

You very obviously didn't play during Vanilla.

I'm not gonna bother responding to you anymore because clearly didn't play during Vanilla.
    This is what happens when multiple people call you out on your obviously fabricated fantasy story about that time you became so famous on your realm you had to delete your character - you are left fabricating even more stories about people not playing in vanilla because they dont believe your fabricated story.

You are a special kind of stupid if you're being serious. The toon was "dead". And I know other people who have done the same thing to make space on their character lists. Vanilla absolutely had instances of extreme blacklisting. I declared the toon was dead because it was mostly taking up space and I was told by friends I would likely get harassed by people who believed the ninja lott bull shit. So I deleted the character since I was never going to play it again. You very obviously didn't play during Vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Except....no. I asked my friends what I should do and they told me that I'd likely get trolls as a result of the asshole in my former guild. They didn't tell me to delete the character. That was MY DECISION. I decided it was a dead character and got rid of it because I didn't want to play a character that likely would get me no end of annoyance. I didn't tell anyone I was deleting the character either. Because I don't need sympathy. But sure. Server communities and reputation never mattered right? I'm not gonna bother responding to you anymore because clearly didn't play during Vanilla.
    This has worse writing than GoT Season 8. None of what you just described ever happened. That story is completely, and badly, made up.