Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you've been the only person doing any of these quests the entire game. does it make sense that millions of other people killed vancleef in classic when YOU were the one told to go do it? no. YOU did it, not anyone else. this has always, and will always, be the case with an mmo.

as for being the faction leader, i wouldn't really want it. i'd rather go back to being the order hall leader. being faction leader would make me ultimately do stupid shit that i wouldn't see my character as doing. but if i could have multiple choices on how to deal with everything, and actually command troops for real, then it wouldn't be so bad, but i still wouldn't want it.
    there is a difference because when you do quests as champions or do raid bosses or dungeons it is assumed there is more than you alone, in a group, its heroes, champions, never hero or champion alone

you just become the leader of your class, they had 12, at least 12 champions, besides you were just being directed to something, you were not rly leader of shit, you had no power beside some war table nonsense, and sending some soldiers there, you could do nothing relevant, no power of choice i hate it.

faction leader is even more nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    It would take 3 hours to make sylvanas look like saint.
    Hahaha burn down Stormwind!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care for this at all TBH. The game needs to move away from 'you are THE hero!' and back toward 'you are one of many heroes'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Not sure what you mean with go along. If they writes us in as leaders it's kinda what we have to deal with. But yeah, if we pretend we could actually lead our factions even if that would almost be impossible to implement, it wouldn't take long before it became a shitshow and would raise Blizzard writers to a place among gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is a difference because when you do quests as champions or do raid bosses or dungeons it is assumed there is more than you alone, in a group, its heroes, champions, never hero or champion alone

you just become the leader of your class, they had 12, at least 12 champions, besides you were just being directed to something, you were not rly leader of shit, you had no power beside some war table nonsense, and sending some soldiers there, you could do nothing relevant, no power of choice i hate it.

faction leader is even more nonsense
    say you get a quest to go kill quilboar leader turd'belch in the asscrack of the barrens. this is a solo quest, no dungeon or anything.

how many other people go kill turd'belch? does he have the power to resurrect himself, and does the npc that gives the quest exist as an actual npc, stuck saying the same thing over and over?

whether the mob has a gold dragon around its portrait or not, it makes 0 sense that they've been killed MILLIONS of times, and you're NEVER going to reconcile that with ANY logic. that is just the way an mmo works.

the ONLY way an mmo works well with having many other players, is when it has basically 0 story and 0 named mobs of any kind. bam, you've got your perfect mmo where you're a single gnat among many.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    You realize that in your scenario, N'zoth would just win. The Alliance is most certainly not strong enough to fight N'zoth, Alleria explicitly told us so.
    this made 0 sense in any way.

the horde was specifically losing the war campaign up until 8.2, then they lost 3 out of 4 of the last boats they have, zandalari probably don't even have any fishing boats left. the horde was losing, nathanos tells us at rastaderp's funeral that victory is in the alliance's grasp.

yet for some reason, the army piled up in orgrimmar was bigger than the entire alliance army and horde rebels combined. it's fucking retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will make Sylvanas look like a fucking Anduin!
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yes. Make me leader.

I would immediately initiate a night of long knives to get rid of my political opponents. And by political opponents I mean the entire Horde leadership. Without them there’ll be no rebellion because the people will be with me. Especially once I blame it on SI:7. Naturally I’ll kill them all personally because I don’t trust underlings to break through their plot armor.

Then we wait until the Alliance go to fight N’zoth before leading an all-out siege of Stormwind. Putting it under military occupation. The Alliance is more than strong enough to take on Tentacle McBigBad, but they’ll take a lot of damage. Once they win it’s just a matter of sweeping up the remnants and using the victory to force Ironforge and the Exodar to surrender and join the Horde as second class citizens for a period until we can prove their sincerity or be destroyed.

Short of making the player the leader of their faction I don’t really see how they can fix the factions. Both are detestable no matter what side you’re on. So it’s either make us Warchief, destroy both factions or make a third faction.
    And this one is great example of what kind of people are the fans of Sylvanas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    And this one is great example of what kind of people are the fans of Sylvanas.
    But I hate Sylvanas too. Just slightly less than I hate the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

You realize that in your scenario, N'zoth would just win. The Alliance is most certainly not strong enough to fight N'zoth, Alleria explicitly told us so.
    Alleria doesn't know shit. N'zoth is a joke. And hey, if he actually wins that's not a bad thing at this point.

We would atleast get the 5e war starting instead of peacecraft with me as faction leader.

force everyone to level 49 alts

10+ Year Old Account
    it could not get any more stupid, the player becomeing the leader is literally the rock bottom

besides, it don't make sense in the lore, its only one leader, not millions
    until stated otherwise, in 'lore terms' my player character is the same person as your player character 'we' are all 'singular'.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    the horde was specifically losing the war campaign up until 8.2, then they lost 3 out of 4 of the last boats they have, zandalari probably don't even have any fishing boats left. the horde was losing, nathanos tells us at rastaderp's funeral that victory is in the alliance's grasp.

yet for some reason, the army piled up in orgrimmar was bigger than the entire alliance army and horde rebels combined. it's fucking retarded.
    You make it sound like the same thing didn't happen back in MoP. Horde was split into two factions, and yet Garrosh was apparently still strong enough to challenge the Alliance once he'd deal with the rebels.

Apparently Blizzard thinks "the whole is greater than sum of its' parts" actually reads "the parts are greater than the whole... especially just a single part".
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-09-30 at 11:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    say you get a quest to go kill quilboar leader turd'belch in the asscrack of the barrens. this is a solo quest, no dungeon or anything.

how many other people go kill turd'belch? does he have the power to resurrect himself, and does the npc that gives the quest exist as an actual npc, stuck saying the same thing over and over?
    those random quests don't rly matter the point im making, besides, the game imply you don't do quests alone since its a massive online multyplayer, like rpgs you have a group and do those quests.
    whether the mob has a gold dragon around its portrait or not, it makes 0 sense that they've been killed MILLIONS of times, and you're NEVER going to reconcile that with ANY logic. that is just the way an mmo works.
    this a gameplay thing not a lore thing, like it also would not make sense to create another character and do the quests you already did, theoretically if you start now it would be nothing left for you to do, since other players already did, there is a fine line between gameplay and lore.

thats because not all alliance army went to orgrimmar with Anduin, it was prob just stormwind forces or forces in Kalindor, the rebels were not much and orgrimmar obviously have more general population than a outpost.

Obviously the orgrimmar army is not bigger, but they were protected by the walls, a siege is not that easy to win.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    until stated otherwise, in 'lore terms' my player character is the same person as your player character 'we' are all 'singular'.
    we are all different champions in lore, by legion we are in at least 12

I was fine with being a "champion" of your faction (I rather just be the adventurer). But the moment you become commander / general /class leader or any of that. It makes the actual characters of the game usless and unneeded. You make thier own story useless and make them feel like they are not even worth the time or effort because suddenly years of experience and story developing characters who have been in WC 1-3 are gone.

this a gameplay thing not a lore thing, like it also would not make sense to create another character and do the quests you already did, theoretically if you start now it would be nothing left for you to do, since other players already did, there is a fine line between gameplay and lore.
    this is my point.

the lore will NEVER make sense if you say "player number 157932352, you're tasked to go kill anal'fissure the ball-dangler. report back to me with his head."

gameplay and lore will never match up, so there's no need to shit up lore with trying to spin it around gameplay to say there's 50bil champions. the lore is much better when it's focused on you in the singular.

also, it's not just that the army was bigger than the army outside of the gates. it's that alleria specifically says that sylvanas is the only one with the army big enough to fight n'zoth, meaning the alliance, even with all of its forces, isn't strong enough to deal with n'zoth. alleria suggests leaving sylvanas alone until her army goes and kills n'zoth. that's why it's retarded, the alliance army should be bigger and stronger by this point of the story.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2019-09-30 at 12:13 PM.

As a night elf main druid, I would take things more aggressive.

First, every elf needs to enlist and do something for the war effort, such as herbalisme making weapons etc, unless your too old and fragile. Make more night warriors but be very selective who to choose and find a way to reduce the side effects. Find night elfs in different organizations and order them to join or else they are no more welcome in our society. Get every animals aid, furbolgs, the stag people and so on. Let a notice out that night elfs can go all out on arcane magic since sargeras is no more and we should go back to our glory days where we werent pushed around. Ask the draneai, gnomes and dwarfs to send their best technicians so we can build fortifications, laser from draneai, helicopters from gnomes and from dwarves the tanks. When the lasers, helicopters and tanks are ready we then go all out, by these step:

(keep in your head that all night elf combatants are already in darkshore and giving horde wrong information)

1: Send a recon to diremaul, asses the threat.

2: Let the recon sabotage the enemy in diremaul and put bombs to be detonated when we need it.

3: Let every stealth group in kalimdor go to ferales and infiltrate diremaul. They will go on standby.

4: The rest of night elfs marches on diremaul,

5: We detonate the bombs.

6: Army goes in diremaul and void elves use void magic to bring in the tanks/helicopters/lasers

7: Stealth group thats already in diremaul starts assasinating and causing mayhem.

8: Meanwhile the technicians setup lasers and defendable positions.
    The furbolg and rest of animals will make sure that night elfs dont get a sneak attack just like on broken front.

9: We win.

After diremaul, we use mages to get every resource of the Alliance to strengthen diremaul and make it imprenetable. After that night elf have a city that can withstand any siege. We dig a big tunnel that leads from diremaul to ashenvale, and make a extended pure military base.

Oh and yell malfurion and tyrande for being useless for about 10.000 years.
    Also it wouldnt hurt to try to get Nordrassils enhancements on us again. Furthermore put up a councel that answers to me:
    - A general (jarod, and yes even if i have to beat the living crap out of him, he will take the position)
    - A diplomat (Naralex)
    - A intelligence leader (Maive) (and so help me god if she tries to harm a mage)
    - A Science devision guy (TBA) (ofcourse the more unquestionable practices will be only discusses with me)
    Last edited by Talrath; 2019-09-30 at 12:39 PM.

A Sylvanas loyalist becoming the new leader of the Horde? A pawn of N'Zoth becoming the leader of either faction. Sylvanas's loyalist AND N'Zoth's pawn becoming the leader of the Horde? What could go wrong?

Alliance's strength in this expansion worked as a pendulum. So them being weak in 8.2.5 means they will be strong again in 8.3 to fight N'Zoth. And then weak again in what comes after, i.e. the resolution to @Aeula's Stormwind invasion. Which means Azeroth will be finally cleansed of both the Old Gods and the Alliance. I see nothing but a win here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you mean like a rep-faction, then sure. That'd actually be tamer than being the orderhall leader and "best x-class in all of Azeroth!".

If you mean being the leader of the Horde/Alliance, we've been carrying the factions on our backs since MoP. In the narrative we're essentially Eitrigg, a major general/hero of our faction that is one or two steps bellow direct leadership. In a single player game, being the faction leader would just make sense. In an MMO? Nah, since the PC's lack of canon features/description would make that too difficult. The best time to do that would've been with Goblins since their true leaders are tradeprinces and being a Horde racial leader is a lesser duty/authority.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

-Assault on the Exodar
    -Horde takes the Exodar
    -Orbital bombardment (thanks, goblin engeneers)
    -??????
    -Profit
    Last edited by Syrah-the-Old-One; 2019-09-30 at 02:06 PM.