Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bernie VS Mainstream Media

Pretty sad how he's treated, especially the personal attacks, despite wanting to make peoples lives better. I'll never understand why middle class and working class republicans and democrats consistently vote against their best interests and choose to support the rich who couldn't care less about them.

Regardless of whether you like his policies or not, its hard to deny he's an honest man that's trying to leave the world and the people who inhabit it, better than he found it.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by dubious_doomhammer; 2019-10-09 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thread for the Democratic primary is thataway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The thread for the Democratic primary is thataway.
    Ah, didn't realize I was supposed to post this in the megathread. If it gets deleted I'll post it there then, thanks.

Bernie would be worse off if he was getting more media attention. He's not really in consideration by most pundits so his heart attack was lightly covered compared to what it would have been covered if he were Warren or Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Bernie would be worse off if he was getting more media attention. He's not really in consideration by most pundits so his heart attack was lightly covered compared to what it would have been covered if he were Warren or Biden.
    It's not so much the quantity of media coverage I'm concerned about, but the quality of it. Pundits saying that they don't understand why women or young women support him, and that Bernie makes their skin crawl ... when the guy was made an honorary woman by Gloria Steinem.

If you don't agree with the guy, fine .. but I mean, c'mon, at least make your arguments against him factual.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    It's not so much the quantity of media coverage I'm concerned about, but the quality of it. Pundits saying that they don't understand why women or young women support him, and that Bernie makes their skin crawl ... when the guy was made an honorary woman by Gloria Steinem.

If you don't agree with the guy, fine .. but I mean, c'mon, at least make your arguments against him factual.
    I haven't heard of anyone say that... and believe me, I consume way to much media coverage.

The fact is Bernie was in a slightly slower free fall than Harris was prior to the Q3 fundraising came out. His numbers for Q3 were good, but they were last cycle too. In fact, he's basically an anomoly when you compare him to the last few cycles.

But then he got admitted to the hospital... and his campaign didn't say anything for 3 days. Any bounce he was going to get got eaten by the heart attack coverage and the Ukraine story.

Bernie has not run a good campaign this cycle as he basically doubled down on his strategy for 2016 and didn't make any efforts to reach out to the party. That matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most big name media outlets are centrists. Some more right, some more left, but generally centrists. They rely on a culture that Bernie speaks out against. They dont want him to win because he is a threat to their status quo. Even if he couldn't one piece of legislation through, he'd still be a pain in their ass until he leaves the office.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you can’t fence sit and be wishy washy with people to the point you compromise on everything. Because you’ll get people that like you but don’t trust you or people who don’t take you seriously.

However I will agree the media screwed Bernie more than anybody.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Meh media or no Bernie is done after his health issues.

That the media was left wing is one of the biggest lies of our age.

They're corporate centrists owned by billionaires who don't want to pay taxes. They'll side with centrist Democrats over Bernie 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I haven't heard of anyone say that... and believe me, I consume way to much media coverage.

The fact is Bernie was in a slightly slower free fall than Harris was prior to the Q3 fundraising came out. His numbers for Q3 were good, but they were last cycle too. In fact, he's basically an anomoly when you compare him to the last few cycles.

But then he got admitted to the hospital... and his campaign didn't say anything for 3 days. Any bounce he was going to get got eaten by the heart attack coverage and the Ukraine story.

Bernie has not run a good campaign this cycle as he basically doubled down on his strategy for 2016 and didn't make any efforts to reach out to the party. That matters.
    Its was Mimi Rocah that said that about Bernie - was on an MSNBC panel.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post

Pretty sad how he's treated, especially the personal attacks, despite wanting to make peoples lives better. I'll never understand why middle class and working class republicans and democrats consistently vote against their best interests and choose to support the rich who couldn't care less about them.

Regardless of whether you like his policies or not, its hard to deny he's an honest man that's trying to leave the world and the people who inhabit it, better than he found it.

What do you guys think?
    Didn't he just have a heart attack?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    All big media outlets are (centre-)right-wing. Even the most centre-left ideas are a threat to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Meh media or no Bernie is done after his health issues.
    Liberals really dont want anything to improve, do you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    It's a statement of fact. With Bernie now having health issues, even if he won the primary, the public would openly question how long he had left. He's old and showing signs of his age. It's not a matter of not wanting things to improve. It's a matter of electability. We've seen it many times in the past. Candidates who had health issues were severely hurt in the public faith simply by having hose health issues.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

...???

/points at Liz Warren

They're practically identical in policy and are close friends IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...???

/points at Liz Warren

They're practically identical in policy and are close friends IRL.
    lol Warren was a GoP member a few decades ago.
    Lib propaganda is working wonders I see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    It's a statement of fact. With Bernie now having health issues, even if he won the primary, the public would openly question how long he had left. He's old and showing signs of his age. It's not a matter of not wanting things to improve. It's a matter of electability. We've seen it many times in the past. Candidates who had health issues were severely hurt in the public faith simply by having hose health issues.
    Yeah, we saw that worked with Trump. But hey, you guys would rather want a president that only wants to fuck you over, your choice.

***worthless flaimbait nonsense***
    Welcome to the ignore list, whomever you originally were.

The difference between Bernie fans and Trump fans is often alarmingly small. I don't think it is the media's job to do the campaigning for any candidate left right or center, and especially in Trump times I would dedicate more brain power to critical thinking over emotionally joining groupthinks when it comes to the media.

lol Warren was a GoP member a few decades ago.
    Lib propaganda is working wonders I see.
    Yes, welcome to the real world where people can change their positions based on new information and the changing dynamics in society.

Bernie is being so targeted and censored by mainstream media i can google (mainstream news oulet) bernie sanders interview and i get tons of results. Its a conspiracy folks!

just like yang and tulsi would totally win if it werent for the pollsters faking the polls!
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2019-10-11 at 11:47 AM.