Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I am doing both.

I am agreeing that certain mechanics are completely borked at 10man and 30man, but this is not the case for Ashvane, its a mechanic you can skip with the majority of classes, compared to actually problematic 10man mechanics as i have mentioned before in this thread, recent examples is Conclave and Mekka in BoD.

Their problem is that not all players are even remotely equal, therefor he is blaming the mechanic for trapping their good AoE dps and causing problems, than blaming the players, not knowing their class and what to do to counter, or cleave and generally 70% of that group is insanely slackish and its obvious.

So yes, scaling has its issues in HC, Ashvane is not one of those bosses, if there is a 10man annoying boss in EP, its Zaq and his 3 dispels.
    tbh EP is one of the most low man friendly raids in quite awhile. Hell Azshara was even far easier with lower sizes for awhile(and this think process still exists with PUGs even though it was hotfixed).

Anyone complaining about EP with low raid sizes definitely didn't try things like G'huun with low raid sizes. Now THAT was something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I am doing both.

I am agreeing that certain mechanics are completely borked at 10man and 30man, but this is not the case for Ashvane, its a mechanic you can skip with the majority of classes, compared to actually problematic 10man mechanics as i have mentioned before in this thread, recent examples is Conclave and Mekka in BoD.

Their problem is that not all players are even remotely equal, therefor he is blaming the mechanic for trapping their good AoE dps and causing problems, than blaming the players, not knowing their class and what to do to counter, or cleave and generally 70% of that group is insanely slackish and its obvious.

So yes, scaling has its issues in HC, Ashvane is not one of those bosses, if there is a 10man annoying boss in EP, its Zaq and his 3 dispels.
    They're not at Za'qul, give them time yet to complain about that too.

I'm still not sure if you literally cannot comprehend how the non-variable (3) Briny Bubbles whether you have 10 or 30 could be annoying (and it is a bit odd that they chose to make that non-variable), or if you're just super committed to saying there are worse encounters. I said in my original post that there are worse examples of scaling inequities so you don't have to keep driving that home with me. I just don't see the sense in refusing to acknowledge that whether or not you agree, a reasonable person can think that it's odd they chose not to scale the number of Briny Bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    They are though.
    I'm still not sure if you literally cannot comprehend how the non-variable (3) Briny Bubbles whether you have 10 or 30 could be annoying (and it is a bit odd that they chose to make that non-variable), or if you're just super committed to saying there are worse encounters. I said in my original post that there are worse examples of scaling inequities so you don't have to keep driving that home with me. I just don't see the sense in refusing to acknowledge that whether or not you agree, a reasonable person can think that it's odd they chose not to scale the number of Briny Bubbles.
    Why scale the number of bubbles when you can easily scale the HP of them? If you reduced the number of bubbles, you would effectively make the mechanic so trivial it could be ignored for the most part because of some classes' ability to ignore that mechanic. Another sideeffect of reducing the number of bubbles would be to increase the HP of each bubble to compensate, which makes it harder to deal with if your dps is as bad as this groups dps is.

And lets be real here, its not like the bubbles have the same hp as they do in a 30 man raid. The bubbles have 302k hp in a 10man. 302k! Thats the same amount of hp some questmobs in Nazjatar have, and if you cant deal with that.. its not a scaling issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    It's fights like these that make it hard to keep up a happy face while raid leading.
    You're not wrong in the sense that this happens every tier with HC. The way the raid tuning works is, Blizzard builds and tunes Mythic - and then they completely forget about all other difficulty levels and just rely on flex scaling.

Every encounter that has soaking mechanisms is always totally broken for 10 man flex groups, because they always spawn 3 soak pools. Bosses like Fallen Avatar and KJ were just ridiculous with 10 man group.

They will normally go back and adjust the encounters at some point after release (when enough people complain). This happens every time they release a new raid.

Having said that, my group didn't have problems with Ashvane specifically

Serious? Ashvane H at this point in tier is puggable with people bordering on involuntary assignment to alcoholics anonymous. Like literally can be barely functioning and down it. Maybe just invite more people to see if your theory is correct.
    Last edited by Maquegyver; 2019-10-09 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Awful lot of assumptions here...all of which are wrong. 2 phasing the boss, cds on softshell phases, lusting on 2nd softshell, ignoring lasers in 2nd softshell, everyone with immunities using them for bubbles, stacking bubbles on the warrior tank who just zerker rages out of it.

How about not just assuming everyone is retarded.
    Either it's that or you guys are under geared

Need logs

- - - Updated - - -

So if they did scale it you could say that 3 would have to be the minimum because if it's only two then really easy for warrior tanks and then you pop the bubble in like 5 global's between a couple people but then that would mean you want about 20% of the raid so if you pop that up to 20 players it would be for bubbles which still isn't too bad but what if you get two of your healers in a bubble that would be kind of a pain at that point while it is still forgivable when you have players who actually know how to DPS which this group apparently has a few issues with

Essentially all you could say for the scaling is at 30 with the current setup if you were to scale it with three bubbles as a base the maximum you could have is 9 which would place 20 man at about six bubbles which wouldn't be terrible but it's unnecessary and in the past there have been similar mechanics that did scale based on size and players complained because you could get a group that gets f***** over by that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Oof, that warrior is doing some work. I haven't seen BM hunter parses that bad since I raided EP /s
    On topic, as others have pointed out it seems like there are a lot of un-confronted issues in the roster more-so than the fight itself. Funny enough, my group couldn't kill H Azshara with 25 people but when we slimmed it down to 12 it became a cake walk.
    Most bosses this tier seem to follow that pattern tbh. The last time I raided H we were getting all corals in one bang and ignoring second set of beams.
    I really don't understand why it is so hard every week for the players I raid with to get the corals the idea is that if you have someone with the same f****** color moving out to the middle of nowhere you don't stop or hug them the entire time and if you have a coral between you and the other person of your color you keep moving until you get to corals like I wish that there was a way we could sign that stupid mechanic because it is the only thing that holds groups back and while my guild pretty much kills it most of the time the only exception being when someone f**** up on a Briny bubble and manages to bubble people that shouldn't be

I still remember the one night that I got the marking on every Pole and on the kill I basically yelled over discord don't f****** move and we got three corrals with one shot

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Either it's that or you guys are under geared

Need logs

- - - Updated - - -

So if they did scale it you could say that 3 would have to be the minimum because if it's only two then really easy for warrior tanks and then you pop the bubble in like 5 global's between a couple people but then that would mean you want about 20% of the raid so if you pop that up to 20 players it would be for bubbles which still isn't too bad but what if you get two of your healers in a bubble that would be kind of a pain at that point while it is still forgivable when you have players who actually know how to DPS which this group apparently has a few issues with

Essentially all you could say for the scaling is at 30 with the current setup if you were to scale it with three bubbles as a base the maximum you could have is 9 which would place 20 man at about six bubbles which wouldn't be terrible but it's unnecessary and in the past there have been similar mechanics that did scale based on size and players complained because you could get a group that gets f***** over by that

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't understand why it is so hard every week for the players I raid with to get the corals the idea is that if you have someone with the same f****** color moving out to the middle of nowhere you don't stop or hug them the entire time and if you have a coral between you and the other person of your color you keep moving until you get to corals like I wish that there was a way we could sign that stupid mechanic because it is the only thing that holds groups back and while my guild pretty much kills it most of the time the only exception being when someone f**** up on a Briny bubble and manages to bubble people that shouldn't be

I still remember the one night that I got the marking on every Pole and on the kill I basically yelled over discord don't f****** move and we got three corrals with one shot
    Ah, my brain...

Use some punctuation marks next time, this shit is impossible to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    Ah, my brain...

Use some punctuation marks next time, this shit is impossible to read.
    Voice to text doesn't like punctuation