Best Mech Keyboard for shared PC/Mac use?

I'm consolidating my setup to a single desk but have a Macbook Pro I have to use for work, and my PC that I use for everything else. I'm hoping somewhere here has a recommendation for a solid mechanical keyboard that I can use for both via a KVM-type switch. Slight preference toward a 60% but not a requirement.

I guess the main requirement is the ability to program the CTRL/Win/Alt over to CTRL/Opt/Cmd when using a Mac.

Does this exist?

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't MacOS rebind them automatically?

If not, you can try something convoluted like using AutoHotkey to intercept the keystroke and play the other one

Or just make your own keyboard and have 2 different layers, one for windows and one for Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Doesn't MacOS rebind them automatically?

If not, you can try something convoluted like using AutoHotkey to intercept the keystroke and play the other one

Or just make your own keyboard and have 2 different layers, one for windows and one for Mac
    Last I tried with my Razer Black Widow, there were some issues with the Function keys, but the Ctrl/Win/Alt seemed to work. I also just need a new keyboard anyway, so it seemed like a notable consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Last I tried with my Razer Black Widow, there were some issues with the Function keys, but the Ctrl/Win/Alt seemed to work. I also just need a new keyboard anyway, so it seemed like a notable consideration.
    Weird that the function keys don't work when they're the same keys, but the ones that needed to be altered worked fine. I'm really not familiar enough with MacOS to tell you how to fix that.

My other points still stand though, either AHK it or make your own keyboard. 60% ones aren't really for sale anyway, they're mostly in the DIY community

First, you can swap the Alt/Windows/Control keys to whatever you want in MacOS.

System Prefs > Keyboard > and there is a button for "Modifier Keys". Click this to change how Control/Alt/Windows behave.

As for function keys, there is also an option (in the Keyboard pane) to have Function keys work solely as function keys, which sets it so you have to press the "FN" key to get the special use printed on the key.

No extra software needed.