Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not sure why people are set on two factions and a hard line between them.

The secret world had three factions that were suppose to look at opposing each other for whatever reason. For the background and story, it was kinda this way. BUT gameplay-wise you could party, raid, quest, talk, etc with everyone.

WOW could go this route. Where story and lore there is a direct split. But us being adventurers, heroes, and saviors of the world, galaxy, universe, etc. WE get to choose who to party with, quest, seek help, raid with (AKA everyone in the wow playerbase).

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Blizzard can't tell a good story based around 2 factions, sure as hell won't happen based around three.
    The problem isn't the factions, the problem is the MMO genre. Blizzard could tell a decent story back in Warcraft 3 with 4 factions. But MMO's don't make great story driven games. Gameplay dictates everything, story has to make room for gameplay, this is why all kinds of characters have to die to make for loot pinatas.

You won't get a good story unless Warcraft moves to a different gaming genre.

No. If anything we'd be H+A vs Edgy Necrophiliac Teenagers.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Not sure why people are set on two factions and a hard line between them.

The secret world had three factions that were suppose to look at opposing each other for whatever reason. For the background and story, it was kinda this way. BUT gameplay-wise you could party, raid, quest, talk, etc with everyone.

WOW could go this route. Where story and lore there is a direct split. But us being adventurers, heroes, and saviors of the world, galaxy, universe, etc. WE get to choose who to party with, quest, seek help, raid with (AKA everyone in the wow playerbase).
    Underrated game imo. Great story. But on topic this feature would work great here and make sense from a lore perspective.

3 Factions would kill the game. The boundaries of factions should be lifted altogether, the writing is heavily suffering, it's bleed.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Problem 1. Nobody would play the new faction.

Problem 2. If people are moving to it in enough quantities to not make it a total fucking joke, it means Blizz unbalanced it somehow (IE racials) and everyone is gonna move there making the Horde and Alliance total fucking jokes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post
    You guys think that we are heading into a 3 Faction system?

Currently based on choice the Horde is splintered into 2 the Horde and the Sylvanis Loyalist, the Alliance IMHO will be given a similar option soon. Decide between Anduin and peace, or Tyrande and her vengeance. If players decide for peace they can play alongside Horde alliance being friendly, but if they side with the other 2 they are against all.

Purely a story idea I do not think this will work with PVP, but it would be kinda cool.
    ...How is Alliance, Tyrande, Horde, Sylvanas 3 factions? 1+1+1+1=4.

I actually do think it's going to end up going moreorless along those lines. Alliance races can choose between the Alliance divisions. Horde races can choose between Horde divisions. Both effectively default to the original faction where they otherwise have no faction content. So lets say they don't realize they need a new world revamp and keep things the same? You still are functionally Horde in The Barrens but with a slightly different flag and functionally Alliance in WSG. Maybe it's even a softer faction commitment that you can actually change in game (not easily)
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

I think we are heading towards another aldor/scryers system in TOP of the horde/alliance. (Pretty much Shadow vs Light)

We don't need a 3rd faction, we just need to be able to group with opposite faction for activities to solve the major problems that restrain access to half the player base for activities.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    its world of WARCRAFT so no, 2 faction it will stay
    what you mean by that? prior it had 4 factions

Quote Originally Posted by keyboardshinobi View Post
    You guys think that we are heading into a 3 Faction system?

Currently based on choice the Horde is splintered into 2 the Horde and the Sylvanis Loyalist, the Alliance IMHO will be given a similar option soon. Decide between Anduin and peace, or Tyrande and her vengeance. If players decide for peace they can play alongside Horde alliance being friendly, but if they side with the other 2 they are against all.

Purely a story idea I do not think this will work with PVP, but it would be kinda cool.
    storywise, we can be divided within faction
    as for gameplay, it would create crapload of issues without any benefit at all, so there is no point in doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    No.

But there should of never been 2 factions in the first place. WoW should of been Alliance / Horde / Forsaken / Sentinels

Each faction should of been able to group with eachother freely but had their own separate hubs and stories
    Found the warcraft 3 player!

I think the problem is races, there just arent enough races for forsaken and sentinels to be full factions. Also battlegrounds would be kind of messy, though actually if a battleground was A vs B, then C and D could go on either side to balance out pvp...
    maybe that isnt such a bad idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    All Blizz needs to do is let all factions do PVE instances with each-other. I think the story would actually benefit from having the Night Elves in particular split from the Alliance, as well the Undead. PVP may have slightly longer queues with 3 or 4 total factions, but those aren't typically that long anyway.

Nope, community will get fucked up.

I can't possibly imagine them adding a third faction when two are already proving frustrating as hell to balance.

I don't think we're going towards no factions as some people say, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the faction restrictions between the two we have were rendered a loose PvP-based thing. I seriously doubt we'll see a third faction, unless you count "Neutral" as a faction.

Its more likely blizzard goes 1 faction with a "Light" faction versus those void lords "Dark" faction. The horde and alliance will still be around but for gameplay going forward it will probably leave all the player characters as mercenaries able to group up together for any content they want while sticking to their faction for the lens the shared story is viewed through.

Its pretty obvious even with the hall of fame faction split for mythic first kills alliance is pretty heavily behind on the amount of players who can do that kind of challenging content and it wasn't enough to get horde guilds to faction change over. Its in my opinion not good for the long term health of the game for one faction to be so far behind when the only way to solve it for yourself is throw money at it. I would imagine that new players who join the game just pick some race they think looks cool and worry about endgame stuff later. It must suck for anyone who chose alliance to see how sparse their pickings are if they don't want to consider a faction change to mythic raid. Changing it to 3 factions would still leave horde as the mega faction and the new faction a red headed stepchild to the alliance unless they throw crazy good perks at people who choose it which just shifts things from horde to that new faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Blizzard can't tell a good story based around 2 factions, sure as hell won't happen based around three.
    The problem is that these two factions are too big and that they are the only faction. If we split them, story would be more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Doubt it, wow was made on the bases of the 2 faction system. Making it 3 will change much more than you might think.
    And this is good. We need a revolution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    its world of WARCRAFT so no, 2 faction it will stay
    In Warcraft 3 there was four playable factions.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I think we got 2 options...
    1. We get 4 factions the horde, alliance., Sylvanas loyalists and the nelfs vengeance group.
    2. We get 3 horde and alliance becomes as 1, Sylvanas loyalists and the nelf group.
    I also got an ideea how this could work but I don't want to spoil the whole thing ������

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Hum...nope....IMHO it messes up guilds, raids, pvp...everything
    Good. Guilds, raids and PvP ruin have ruined story for too long.
    Unless ofc they go one way for the sheer lore and ignore that in gameplay - as they do now with 8.2.5: War is over, Sylvanas buggered off, Horde and Allinace leaders are all happy cuddling.....yet we still assault each other every 12 hrs, kill each other in pvp objectives and so on.
    I guess this is what Blizzard is planning.
    Also: You talk about three factions...others here have signatures to abolish factions because they are "cancer"...so why not leave it as it is and piss off the least amount of ppl
    Anything is better than two factions. More factions, less homogenisation. One faction, Blizzard has to make some internal intrigue so we actually get more factions.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin / Varok
    "Right now there are only two forces in this world that matter, one bend on harming the world and one that will protect Her."
    Alliance / Horde should be removed for PvE, yes that means there will be no "evil" player faction.
    Give players the option to pick horde or alliance for warmode on and for PvP battlegrounds (and zones).