Question Addon to make combo p. bigger or simply change the scale?

Hi,
    I know there are addons for rogues that can display the combo point anywhere on the screen or attach it to the nameplate, but is there an addon that can display the cps basically as they are in Classic for rogues, but slightly bigger? Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    MoveAnything can move and resize frames.

You can also write your own super lightweight addon to do it. Plenty of guides you can google on how to write a basic script running addon for WoW. Then you can type /fstack, mouse over the combo points frame to get its name, then in your script addon, input:
    Code:
    FrameName:SetScale(1.x)
    where in the brackets (1) would be default size, (1.2) would be 20% larger, (1.4) would be 40% larger and so on.

- - - Updated - - -

If you go down the addon-writing route -- perhaps you want something lightweight and don't care about the features of a big addon -- you go to Interface/Addons and create a new folder, give it the name of your new addon (for the purposes of this guide, we're calling it Scripts)

1. Go to Interface/AddOns directory.
    2. Right click > New > Folder > call it Scripts
    3. Inside this new folder, right click > New > Text Document (do this twice, make two)
    4. Call one Scripts.toc and call the other Scripts.lua, press yes when asked if you wish to change the file types.

5. Open Scripts.toc and enter the following, then save:
    Code:
    ## Title: Scripts
    ## Interface: 11302
    ## Notes: Runs scripts on login and UI reload
    ## Version: 1.0

Scripts.lua

6. Open Scripts.lua and enter the following, then save:
    Code:
    local Scripts = CreateFrame("Frame")
    Scripts:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")

Scripts:SetScript("OnEvent", function(...)
    ComboPoint1:SetScale(1.3)
    ComboPoint2:SetScale(1.3)
    ComboPoint3:SetScale(1.3)
    ComboPoint4:SetScale(1.3)
    ComboPoint5:SetScale(1.3)
    -- You can add any script of your own to this list if you want!

Scripts:UnregisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
    end)

7. In-game, type /fstack to bring up the names of the frames on your tooltip. Move the cursor over the combo points frame while there are combo points present on the target. You'll see (in the tooltip) the name of the combo points frame. I don't know it off by heart but it'll probably be something like ComboPointsFrame.
    8. Replace the bold part in the .lua code block above with x:SetScale(y) where x is the combo point frame name, and y is the desired scale. For example if you want the combo points frame 20% larger it would be ComboPointsFrame:SetScale(1.2) but as I say, I don't actually KNOW the name of the combo points frame, so you'll have to check it yourself with /fstack and mousing over it.

*edit* Since the event PLAYER_LOGIN only fires on logging in or UI reload, there's a possibility it will have no effect on combo points, as some UI elements are only loaded when they first appear, and unloaded once they disappear. You could in that event try replacing PLAYER_LOGIN with COMBAT_TEXT_UPDATE, which apparently fires whenever the target takes damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I can confirm the following works and will make your combo points 30% bigger.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11k...ilDMdarqi3DyLy

I wrote a simple addon that uses like 1-2 kb of data and it just makes your combo points on the interface 30% larger. Just install it like any other addon.

You can also add your own scripts to it as you see fit. Say for example you want to make any UI element bigger or more transparent or move it around -- you can add the script to the list.
    Last edited by Will; 2019-10-12 at 02:25 PM.

Many thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. You should release it as a standard Classic addon. I'm sure many people would appreciate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Will, fantastic reply showing how easy it can be to get started with creating addons.