How valuable is +hit for a rogue at yellow cap?

I used to raid retail, and I enjoyed simming my character, just for fun. Just to see what the possible gear configurations were best. Classic doesn't really have this, so most of the resources I look at simply tell me a pre-cut list of "prebis", but none of them ever show the data. Sixtyupgrades has a stat weight table, but it's static. It doesn't even tell you whether the 18-point value for +hit is pre-yellow hit cap or after.

So my basic question is, what is the value of hit as compared to, say, crit or AP, after yellow hit cap? Another question would be if there are any resources for reliable stat weighting and simming? Everyone I talk to just tells me, "There are tons of prebis lists out there, just google it," but why can't I ever see the data? Why can't I ever look at the numbers they used to come up with these lists? Anyway, any help is appreciated.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I used to raid retail, and I enjoyed simming my character, just for fun. Just to see what the possible gear configurations were best. Classic doesn't really have this, so most of the resources I look at simply tell me a pre-cut list of "prebis", but none of them ever show the data. Sixtyupgrades has a stat weight table, but it's static. It doesn't even tell you whether the 18-point value for +hit is pre-yellow hit cap or after.

So my basic question is, what is the value of hit as compared to, say, crit or AP, after yellow hit cap? Another question would be if there are any resources for reliable stat weighting and simming? Everyone I talk to just tells me, "There are tons of prebis lists out there, just google it," but why can't I ever see the data? Why can't I ever look at the numbers they used to come up with these lists? Anyway, any help is appreciated.
    If I were you I'd check out the classic wow rogue discord. There are some crazy talented theorycrafters in there. There's a link to the classic wow discords stickied at the top of the wow classic forums here on MMOC! Happy stabbing!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves420 View Post
    If I were you I'd check out the classic wow rogue discord. There are some crazy talented theorycrafters in there. There's a link to the classic wow discords stickied at the top of the wow classic forums here on MMOC! Happy stabbing!
    That's an excellent resource! I like the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Hah no worries those folks are scientific as heck!

By the way, @Wolves420 , after yellow hit cap, Eye of Rend is better than Mask of Unforgiven, which everybody says is prebis.

It's not.

Thank you again for the tip.